• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I have my eyes set on either the Maverick 88 12 gauge or the Mossberg Patriot 308 (though more on the Maverick 88) as per recommendation by @Threads . Given the price and somewhat higher reliability, I may be set on going with the Maverick 88. Should I wait until Black Friday to save a bit more or even Christmas or would it be better to just buy it whenever?

Also, recently, the homeowner (I'm renting so I don't live alone unfortunately, plus I have another roommate but I rarely talk to her.) seems to be probing into my financial spending habits. She knows that I don't currently have a job/income, and she fussed at me for how much I spend on food (none of her business and it's my money godddamit), so I suspect this could raise a few red flags if I decide to purchase a firearm. I am planning on buying it and putting it in my bedroom without her knowledge (she doesn't snoop around), but I'm having trouble finding a quiet and inconspicuous way to do that (without looking suspicious). My reasoning is "out of sight, out of mind" since nothing would change if nobody knows I own, life would go on the same with/without.

I've looked into storage away from the place I'm renting, but I couldn't find any that would allow firearms and also accessing it to ctb would be a logistical hassle. So if in the event I couldn't, do you know what my course of action will be in regards to the consequences? (For example, homeowner kicking me out, confiscating my firearm and/or calling the police to confiscate it, claiming that I was a danger to myself and others, or worst, my parents knowing). I am a legal adult, in my late 20's and I have the right to bear arms and I meet the criteria for it. Plus, I can provide legitimate reasons for owning one (target shooting, exercising my rights, etc.) In the worst cases, would a lawyer (preferably versed in 2nd amendment, gun laws, gun rights) take up my case? What about going to the media or a gun rights group and sharing my story garner support (I will leave out the REAL intention of getting a firearm and any reference to CTB)? What are my options should such a scenario come up? I'd rather move out (though I currently don't have a place to stay and can't afford an apartment let alone one that allows firearms) than to deal with the drama or even deal with getting evicted (I'd rather be evicted than to be violated and mistreated - who knows, maybe I can push for 2nd amendment rights while I'm at it).

I apologize if I've asked similar questions before, but I feel like I have one chance at this and I don't want to mess it up because I may not have that opportunity again in the future or have to resort to less reliable methods (which is something that I am actively avoiding). Sorry if this post came out longer than I intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Should I wait until Black Friday or Christmas to go and buy the firearm, or would anytime be ok? I'd like to save some money whenever I can so I can have more flexibility in how and when I choose to ctb.

Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
You have any upcoming gun shows or can go to one nearby? I know in certain states you can easily acquire a firearm by just attending a gun show and paying cash. Friend of mine bought a Mossberg and an AK47 from those shows in Texas with just cash. No license check or anything.

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Not until probably the next month or so. Also, aren't guns at gunshows much more expensive than FFL's perhaps?

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Gunshows are typically cheaper than gun stores, in my experience. You can also shop around at booths and find a used gun for cheaper yet.

As for storing it prior to ctb, the legalities of that will depend entirely on where you live. Here in WA, you are now required to have a safe/storage locker adequate to prevent your guns from falling into the wrong hands OR a trigger lock mechanism to prevent unauthorized persons from using the gun. Other places are not so stringent.

Can the landlord evict you if the gun is discovered? Quite probably, yes. I know past landlords that I've had certainly would have done so, and there was often a catch-all clause in the rental ageement that allowed it. If the other tenant makes a fuss, it's very likely she'll win. On the other hand, I doubt they can have the gun confiscated from you unless they can show that you're a threat. So long as no one feels threatened, I suspect the worst case scenario would be the landlord giving you 24 hours to move out.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, TAW122 and Xerxes
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Ok I guess I don't have to worry about the police taking away my gun, and currently, the owner of the house doesn't have any contract or legal clause that says I am not allowed to have a firearm at their place. Therefore, I believe it would be mostly a civil matter rather than a criminal one. There are no minors or children around the house, but if I had to show that I'm responsible and take safety very, very seriously, I wouldn't mind using a cheap padlock and putting it around the zippers of a cot bag/long gun bag. Furthermore, ammunition would be kept separate from the gun. It's probably overkill, but I can still access it within 1 minute or less if I need to. Not currently using it for self-defense so time and availability isn't a problem since it's my ctb gun as well as range gun (if I ever decide to take up the range).

As a 2nd amendment supporter, I would rather have my gun rights and face eviction at worst and have to find a different place to reside in, rather than just allowing people to infringe on my rights. Also, as all of you know here, the gun is my exit should things reach a point where I am unable to cope or handle things. In fact, just having a gun around and the knowledge of checking out at a moment's notice is very empowering (for me).