_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
how could this even happen, why can people decide over us or think they know whats best for us?

• Hugs
Reactions: conveniently_dead, xaea13, NekoNomNom and 10 others
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
I ask myself that same question. I ended up in psych ward after a botched attempt and treated like I just needed more meds and conciling that would make me all better. Like they know me or what I need.

• Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide, Bahbah Blacksheep, AJ. and 4 others
M

meerpasta

Jan 29, 2020
The one reason I haven't gone to therapy is because they can lock me up for being suicidal, how can I get help if I can't be honest about how I really feel. I want to be able to talk about being suicidal but this is the only place where I am able to, and then I get told "you don't even want to get help". I'd be more willing if the supposed help didn't mean risking my independency.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Bahbah Blacksheep, Belit667 and 6 others
Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
That's a violation of human rights. And what can we do about that? Nothing.

• Love
Reactions: NekoNomNom, Bahbah Blacksheep and _Minsk
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
It's absolutely disgusting this happens. If they actually weanted to help us we should be able to talk freely to drs about our feelings without fear of psychiatric prison. I mean how is slapping a suicidal person in a literal prison, forcibly making them take meds and coming out with a huge bill that the person can never pay off (USA and no healthcare) going to make someone want to live!?? To me it's clear no one cares like pro lifers claim to...if they cared then actual "suicide prevention" would be helping our circumstances and listening. What they will never realize is bad life circumstances are main issue for suicidal people and unless the circumstances get fixed the person will feel the same...no psych prison can help that...

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, NekoNomNom, Belit667 and 3 others
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
This is one of the reasons why I found Libertarianism so appealing, in the political sense. The government should just stay out of a lot of things in society.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Belit667 and Living_Hurts_so_Much
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I share your sentiments as well. I believe this is one of my philosophical reasons for wanting to leave this world, even if things are going favorably for me. I cannot tolerate a world that prohibits oneself from self-deliverance on oneself's own terms. Before the world becomes even more prohibitive than it currently is, I plan to leave sooner than later.

• Hugs
Reactions: UnknownVender, _Minsk, Belit667 and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Mental patients are not treated much better than prisoner in some cases. It's a disgusting reality that's formed from the fact that people don't want to accept suicide but aren't willing to invest real time and resources into stopping it.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, UnknownVender, Linda and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Where I live it is mandatory that if you tell a doctor you want to kill yourself you get committed for 3 days to a psych ward. Imagine someone thinking they can confide in their doctor and being hauled away and locked up.

So much for thinking we have freedom of speech.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Minsk, Linda and Living_Hurts_so_Much
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
Where I live it is mandatory that if you tell a doctor you want to kill yourself you get committed for 3 days to a psych ward.
Same here. Learned that the hard way. It's such a comfort to be able to be here and talk openly with everyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, _Minsk and Meditation guide
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
how could this even happen, why can people decide over us or think they know whats best for us?
You are not being logical. If it makes you want to kill anyone it should be THEM not you. (I don't advocate that. I am just pointing out a more rational response than the one in the title of your post.)

The solution is to educate people. That's a long-term endeavor. Change doesn't come overnight. And it won't come at all unless someone takes the first step. I'm too old and too tired to take up that challenge, but if anyone younger wants to do so you have my very best wishes. (I have worked, with others, to change the world, on a different subject. It took a very long time, but we can claim to have had some success. It can be done. I can give some practical advice, based on decades of relevant experience, to anyone who seriously wants to take up the challenge.)