• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
[I apologize in advance for the longwinded post; I felt it necessary to justify my conclusion.]

I have reviewed the various exit strategies (Exits) highlighted on this website. I have arrived at the conclusion that the exit bag solution (Exit Bag) to be the most appealing suicide method. The choice of Exit is largely determined by a handful of key factors. Some are personal while others are determined by external forces. Many would prefer to pass in a manner as private, painless, and dignified as possible. Such factors are personal and stem from the suicide victim (Victim) and will not be deliberated further. While other factors of simplicity, affordability, and accessibility of the Exit are largely outside the Victim's control. These external factors hold greater weight in the determination of the choice of Exit. In the case of the Exit Bag, the external factors are commonly misconstrued; and this ignorance has limited wide adoption of the Exit Bag.

Since the act of suicide is highly stigmatized and discouraged worldwide, social conditioning has instilled cognitive dissonance, confusion, and even ignorance towards Exits. The media, Hollywood, and of course, religion highlight the most frequent – if not the standard – forms that are undertaken, such as suicide through drug overdose, firearms, and other but horrific forms of traumatic injury. In the guise of social responsibility, other equally effective forms are omitted or dispelled as being overly complicated to the layperson. Unbeknownst to the general public, the Exit Bag is one of the most humane, painless, and effective methods available.

As an overview, the Exit Bag is a modular solution. The system reliability of a modular solution is the product of the individual reliabilities of its components. In the case of Exits, there is no margin for error. The premise behind the Exit Bag is "death through hypoxia" in a small enclosed environment. Hypoxia is induced by the continued inhalation of inert gas, such as nitrogen. Specifically, the Victim dons an air-tight bag. The bag is connected to a gas regulator via rubber tubing, which in turn, is connected to a cylinder filled with compressed nitrogen gas.

When nitrogen is released from the cylinder, it travels through the regulator which reduces the gas pressure and delivers it at a breathable pressure and flow rate. The gas fills the bag. As nitrogen displaces oxygen, hypoxia occurs in a matter of minutes. The entire process is painless and permanent, if not elegant. The modular setup of the Exit Bag can appear to be complex requiring knowledge of respiratory medicine, gas chemistry, and pneumatic systems to ensure safe and effective operation. But technicalities should not be the final thoughts occupying the mind of the Victim; the truth of the matter is when all the components are available, the Exit Bag is simple to set up and operate.

The construction of a suitable bag poses as the initial hurdle. An air-tight bag with a drawstring is required to create an enclosed atmosphere. To minimize the possibility of unsuccessful attempts, the quality of construction is critical. For the aged, sick, and those with a conflicted state-of-mind, this straightforward task may pose a challenge. This needs not to be the case; an alternative and cost-effective solution is available. It is the non-rebreather (NRB) mask, priced at under $5 with the requisite tubing included. An NRB mask is a device used in medicine to deliver higher concentrations of oxygen. It does not permit air from the surrounding environment to be inhaled, thus creating an enclosed atmosphere. In the case of the Exit Bag, the NRB will be employed to deliver nitrogen instead.

Additionally, the second hurdle is the procurement of compressed nitrogen gas and its requisite storage cylinder. This part is straightforward. The Victim simply purchases a sufficient supply of high purity compressed nitrogen. Both the asphyxiant gas and cylinder can be purchase from specialty welding stores. If cost is an issue, the cylinder can be even rented for a nominal fee. In both cases, the mask and nitrogen with a cylinder can be procured affordably.

The last component of this integrated system is the gas flow regulator. In its most generic form, a gas regulator has separate gauges to denote pressure readings for incoming and outgoing gases. Nitrogen regulators are available for industrial applications, such as for arc welding. These industrial regulators are neither designed nor intended for medical- and food-grade applications and would require the inclusion of a flowmeter to control gas flow. Most interestingly, true medical-grade nitrogen flow regulators are available from medical equipment vendors. Realizing the euthanasia potential of such medical devices, manufacturers have refrained from selling these products to the general public.

On the other hand, it is possible to convert an alternative gas regulator to a nitrogen gas regulator, but it would require some technical expertise which the Victim may or may not possess. Finally, an entrepreneurial online retailer supplies medical-grade nitrogen flow regulators to the public. It is important to note that these regulators are remanufactured nitrogen flow regulators, originally intended for oxygen delivery. The issue of product integrity is unclear as the products do not appear to be certified for its adapted application. In summary, industrial nitrogen flow regulators are readily available but are not certified as medical-grade. For those desiring a version of the latter, they would have to create or purchase an adapted one themselves. In this one aspect, the accessibility of a medical-grade nitrogen flow regulator can be improved.

Clearly, factors of affordability, simplicity, and accessibility are not true hindrances to the adoption of the Exit Bag. Compressed nitrogen is inexpensive and the storage cylinder can be rented for a nominal fee. Furthermore, there is no need to construct an airtight bag when NRB masks are available and can be purchased at an affordable price. For complete peace of mind, the limiting factor for wide adoption is the lack of availability of a medical-grade nitrogen flow regulator. Such regulators can be adapted from industrial nitrogen regulators with minor modifications, or purchased from an online supplier who sells remanufactured nitrogen regulators. There is certainly an opportunity for a more accessible, genuine "plug-and-play" solution; but for now, all elements required for a reliable solution are available, affordable, and simple to assemble, and thus, should not limit adoption.

• Informative
Reactions: GasMonkey, Mlee75, waitingforrest and 5 others
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I have some limited reservations about the aesthetic aspect of an exit-bag (a breathing mask is too unreliable for my comfort). Having said that, I've realised that personalising my bag or manufacturing my own bag with a personalised and aesthetically pleasing pattern removes a certain degree of the 'clinical sterility' otherwise present.

The prevailing method of choice for most people here appears to be inorganic salt poisoning (sodium nitrite), but that's definitely not an option or me as the ingestion of any poisonous substance or overdose brings the risk of vomiting (in spite of even the most rigorous antiemetic regime). So short of me having a fundoplication my exit will never involve the ingestion of any compounds.

It's personal choice and I'm a staunch believer that there is no 'right' option, no 'perfect' exit because each of our individual criteria for what constitutes 'perfect' will be different.

PS. I'm not sure whether or not it was intentional or a mistranslation perhaps, but I would object to the use of the word "victim" in the OP ;)

Reactions: Dreamless Sleep and Greenberg
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
[I apologize in advance for the longwinded post; I felt it necessary to justify my conclusion.]

I have reviewed the various exit strategies (Exits) highlighted on this website. I have arrived at the conclusion that the exit bag solution (Exit Bag) to be the most appealing suicide method. The choice of Exit is largely determined by a handful of key factors. Some are personal while others are determined by external forces. Many would prefer to pass in a manner as private, painless, and dignified as possible. Such factors are personal and stem from the suicide victim (Victim) and will not be deliberated further. While other factors of simplicity, affordability, and accessibility of the Exit are largely outside the Victim's control. These external factors hold greater weight in the determination of the choice of Exit. In the case of the Exit Bag, the external factors are commonly misconstrued; and this ignorance has limited wide adoption of the Exit Bag.

Since the act of suicide is highly stigmatized and discouraged worldwide, social conditioning has instilled cognitive dissonance, confusion, and even ignorance towards Exits. The media, Hollywood, and of course, religion highlight the most frequent – if not the standard – forms that are undertaken, such as suicide through drug overdose, firearms, and other but horrific forms of traumatic injury. In the guise of social responsibility, other equally effective forms are omitted or dispelled as being overly complicated to the layperson. Unbeknownst to the general public, the Exit Bag is one of the most humane, painless, and effective methods available.

As an overview, the Exit Bag is a modular solution. The system reliability of a modular solution is the product of the individual reliabilities of its components. In the case of Exits, there is no margin for error. The premise behind the Exit Bag is "death through hypoxia" in a small enclosed environment. Hypoxia is induced by the continued inhalation of inert gas, such as nitrogen. Specifically, the Victim dons an air-tight bag. The bag is connected to a gas regulator via rubber tubing, which in turn, is connected to a cylinder filled with compressed nitrogen gas.

When nitrogen is released from the cylinder, it travels through the regulator which reduces the gas pressure and delivers it at a breathable pressure and flow rate. The gas fills the bag. As nitrogen displaces oxygen, hypoxia occurs in a matter of minutes. The entire process is painless and permanent, if not elegant. The modular setup of the Exit Bag can appear to be complex requiring knowledge of respiratory medicine, gas chemistry, and pneumatic systems to ensure safe and effective operation. But technicalities should not be the final thoughts occupying the mind of the Victim; the truth of the matter is when all the components are available, the Exit Bag is simple to set up and operate.

The construction of a suitable bag poses as the initial hurdle. An air-tight bag with a drawstring is required to create an enclosed atmosphere. To minimize the possibility of unsuccessful attempts, the quality of construction is critical. For the aged, sick, and those with a conflicted state-of-mind, this straightforward task may pose a challenge. This needs not to be the case; an alternative and cost-effective solution is available. It is the non-rebreather (NRB) mask, priced at under $5 with the requisite tubing included. An NRB mask is a device used in medicine to deliver higher concentrations of oxygen. It does not permit air from the surrounding environment to be inhaled, thus creating an enclosed atmosphere. In the case of the Exit Bag, the NRB will be employed to deliver nitrogen instead.

Additionally, the second hurdle is the procurement of compressed nitrogen gas and its requisite storage cylinder. This part is straightforward. The Victim simply purchases a sufficient supply of high purity compressed nitrogen. Both the asphyxiant gas and cylinder can be purchase from specialty welding stores. If cost is an issue, the cylinder can be even rented for a nominal fee. In both cases, the mask and nitrogen with a cylinder can be procured affordably.

The last component of this integrated system is the gas flow regulator. In its most generic form, a gas regulator has separate gauges to denote pressure readings for incoming and outgoing gases. Nitrogen regulators are available for industrial applications, such as for arc welding. These industrial regulators are neither designed nor intended for medical- and food-grade applications and would require the inclusion of a flowmeter to control gas flow. Most interestingly, true medical-grade nitrogen flow regulators are available from medical equipment vendors. Realizing the euthanasia potential of such medical devices, manufacturers have refrained from selling these products to the general public.

On the other hand, it is possible to convert an alternative gas regulator to a nitrogen gas regulator, but it would require some technical expertise which the Victim may or may not possess. Finally, an entrepreneurial online retailer supplies medical-grade nitrogen flow regulators to the public. It is important to note that these regulators are remanufactured nitrogen flow regulators, originally intended for oxygen delivery. The issue of product integrity is unclear as the products do not appear to be certified for its adapted application. In summary, industrial nitrogen flow regulators are readily available but are not certified as medical-grade. For those desiring a version of the latter, they would have to create or purchase an adapted one themselves. In this one aspect, the accessibility of a medical-grade nitrogen flow regulator can be improved.

Clearly, factors of affordability, simplicity, and accessibility are not true hindrances to the adoption of the Exit Bag. Compressed nitrogen is inexpensive and the storage cylinder can be rented for a nominal fee. Furthermore, there is no need to construct an airtight bag when NRB masks are available and can be purchased at an affordable price. For complete peace of mind, the limiting factor for wide adoption is the lack of availability of a medical-grade nitrogen flow regulator. Such regulators can be adapted from industrial nitrogen regulators with minor modifications, or purchased from an online supplier who sells remanufactured nitrogen regulators. There is certainly an opportunity for a more accessible, genuine "plug-and-play" solution; but for now, all elements required for a reliable solution are available, affordable, and simple to assemble, and thus, should not limit adoption.
I agree with the idea that inert gas is reliably reported to be peaceful, quick, painless, and simple to do once the apparatus is set up, and the components are not nearly as difficult to obtain and assemble as many people believe, but I do have different opinions on some specifics on this post. My comments apply to the US where I am, but I expect they would also be valid in other parts of the developed world, although the specifics may need to be adjusted.

I don't see any reason to require or even prefer a medical grade regulator or flowmeter. Combination flowmeter regulators for inert gas welding will provide the correct flow rate without introducing any contaminants that might cause issues. IMO the critical things are a flowmeter that is calibrated for the gas being measured, and of course with the correct inlet fitting to attach to the gas cylinder, which will depend on what region of the world the gas cylinder is purchased. I think it's completely unnecessary to try to modify an existing regulator or flowmeter for a different gas than the one it was intended for when they are easily purchased for any inert welding gas.

I don't know anything about the NRB mask, and it seems plausible, but without any documented success using it, I would prefer to use the proven bag hood. I recall reading in the resources here that a medical oxygen mask was prone to failure die to air leaking in between the mask and face, but I understand that this mask is a different type. I find it very surprising that the mask and tubing together is less than $5.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and Mare Tranquillitatis
AnniesHideaway

AnniesHideaway

Jul 1, 2020
I have a complete exit bag setup with all the equipment and 2 large tanks filled with nitrogen. I've run multiple tests to make sure it keeps flowing for at least a half hour. That said ... I also have SN + all the extras and I've decided if my time ever comes I will go with that instead. I know the exit bag is quicker and painless but I have such a fear of ripping the bag after I pass out and ending up brain damaged ... even though I know this rarely happens.

Reactions: waitingforrest, Incorrigible77777, Passersby and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I have a complete exit bag setup with all the equipment and 2 large tanks filled with nitrogen. I've run multiple tests to make sure it keeps flowing for at least a half hour. That said ... I also have SN + all the extras and I've decided if my time ever comes I will go with that instead. I know the exit bag is quicker and painless but I have such a fear of ripping the bag after I pass out and ending up brain damaged ... even though I know this rarely happens.
Could you provide information on how or where you sourced the Nitrogen tanks? Or if you can't put any information on the public forum could i PM you just to get info on where and how to get filled nitrogen tanks or cylinders?

Reactions: Incorrigible77777
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Have you checked the Internet for your region...ask for food-grade or medical nitrogen.
re my setup , please refer to my blog on blogspot. My handle is nitrogenexit. Cheers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and pthnrdnojvsc
AnniesHideaway

AnniesHideaway

Jul 1, 2020
Could you provide information on how or where you sourced the Nitrogen tanks? Or if you can't put any information on the public forum could i PM you just to get info on where and how to get filled nitrogen tanks or cylinders?
I bought the tanks and gauges on Amazon. For getting them filled I hit up a few Welding Supply stores (used a chain called Central Welding Supplies).

Reactions: Kbeau, pthnrdnojvsc and Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Congrats, you are all set!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
L

lion4000b

May 6, 2020
I bought the tanks and gauges on Amazon. For getting them filled I hit up a few Welding Supply stores (used a chain called Central Welding Supplies).

Where did you buy the regulator/flowmeter from?

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
When you said "The bag is connected to a gas regulator via rubber tubing" the rubber tube is the one that inserts the hole of the bag thats supposed to go on top of our head?

• Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
When you said "The bag is connected to a gas regulator via rubber tubing" the rubber tube is the one that inserts the hole of the bag thats supposed to go on top of our head?
Yes, the rubber tubing from the regulator goes to the bag to be worn. You simply secure it with tape.

D

Deathinminutes

Apr 6, 2022
I agree with the idea that inert gas is reliably reported to be peaceful, quick, painless, and simple to do once the apparatus is set up, and the components are not nearly as difficult to obtain and assemble as many people believe, but I do have different opinions on some specifics on this post. My comments apply to the US where I am, but I expect they would also be valid in other parts of the developed world, although the specifics may need to be adjusted.

I don't see any reason to require or even prefer a medical grade regulator or flowmeter. Combination flowmeter regulators for inert gas welding will provide the correct flow rate without introducing any contaminants that might cause issues. IMO the critical things are a flowmeter that is calibrated for the gas being measured, and of course with the correct inlet fitting to attach to the gas cylinder, which will depend on what region of the world the gas cylinder is purchased. I think it's completely unnecessary to try to modify an existing regulator or flowmeter for a different gas than the one it was intended for when they are easily purchased for any inert welding gas.

I don't know anything about the NRB mask, and it seems plausible, but without any documented success using it, I would prefer to use the proven bag hood. I recall reading in the resources here that a medical oxygen mask was prone to failure die to air leaking in between the mask and face, but I understand that this mask is a different type. I find it very surprising that the mask and tubing together is less than $5.
The combo flowmeter regulator works for any inert gas, yes? Just have to adjust the lpm or cfh in consideration to what it's set to ?

symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Inert gas asphyxiation is highly appealing to me. I'll likely turn to it if my plan to get N falls through. I think I'd prefer an exit bag to SN. My biggest concern is how technical the setup is; it would take a lot of effort and you could fail if you get it wrong.

W

WanderingWater

Student
Apr 7, 2022
A former member
FightingSioux
has very instructive comments within the MegaThread.

Also, individual posts.

5*highly recommend.