T

thatonekris

Mar 6, 2019
Hello, so I have a quick question regarding THC and insomnia. Firstly, my main problem is that if I SMOKE cannabis flower/bud at night-time, it gives me pretty bad insomnia and leaves me just feeling alert/kinda restless when I should really be getting to sleep. On the other hand, if I use a distillate pen/cartridge (which is a form of concentrated cannabis or THC), I sleep just fine and it actually helps me fall asleep quicker. I know this sounds weird as hell but I asked a friend and he said the same thing happens to him when he smokes flower. Any thoughts? I need to get to the root-reason for this happening because I'm running out of these distillate cartridges and they are getting harder and harder to find these days. Much appreciated.

Reactions: waived, Hollow Point, faust and 1 other person
Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
I'm afraid I cannot help,I smoke flower and fall asleep just fine

Reactions: Deleted member 14573 and Hollow Point
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Are you getting the cartridges from a dispensary? If yes, the dispensary should have other non-flower products. For me, edibles took a long time to kick in but were more physically relaxing like a body high than the brain high I got from smoking flower. Also, are you able to pick between indica, sativa, and hybrid? Sativa always made my brain hyperactive, while indicas and hybrids were fine.

Reactions: Fragile, Hollow Point and Eurus
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I currently do microdosing and sometimes regular-dosing on buds and do not face those issues.
However, if you feel anxious, you have to reduce the dose or select the different strain which contains more CBD.
Smoking more than necessary causes panic attacks or anxiety for me.

Reactions: Hollow Point
Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
I've been a heavy stoner since grade 7. The reason you find it easier to sleep on distilled stuff and cartridges is because those are cannabis concentration. They are much more potent then flower you smoke. Flower is going to be max 19-25% thc. Distillates can reach up to 90% thc

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Eurus
T

thatonekris

Mar 6, 2019
I've been a heavy stoner since grade 7. The reason you find it easier to sleep on distilled stuff and cartridges is because those are cannabis concentration. They are much more potent then flower you smoke. Flower is going to be max 19-25% thc. Distillates can reach up to 90% thc
----So are you saying that if I just smoke more flower/increase my dose of it then I will be able to sleep easier? Because if I just smoke more flower at once I will ingest more THC or ingest a similar amount of THC that I was consuming with the distilled and concentrated stuff?
I currently do microdosing and sometimes regular-dosing on buds and do not face those issues.
However, if you feel anxious, you have to reduce the dose or select the different strain which contains more CBD.
Smoking more than necessary causes panic attacks or anxiety for me.
--Well I have tried microdosing and reducing my dose several times to the point where I only smoke flower to where I get only 1 or 2 hits, however the insomnia still happens and it sucks to not be able to fall asleep at all. My main problem with your second point is that I do not get my cannabis from a dispensary so my choice for picking strains is pretty limited.
--However, you mentioned selecting a strain with more CBD. I do have some CBD flower (it pretty much looks and smells like normal weed but it is legal and has high CBD and very low/almost no THC percentage) on hand and that stuff I can get pretty easily where I live. Would it help at all if I mix my normal flower to a 50/50 ratio with the CBD flower? Do you think that will help the insomnia I am experiencing because the CBD flower obviously has a decent amount of CBD in it and I can easily create a 50/50 blend to smoke.

Last edited:
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Hello, so I have a quick question regarding THC and insomnia. Firstly, my main problem is that if I SMOKE cannabis flower/bud at night-time, it gives me pretty bad insomnia and leaves me just feeling alert/kinda restless when I should really be getting to sleep. On the other hand, if I use a distillate pen/cartridge (which is a form of concentrated cannabis or THC), I sleep just fine and it actually helps me fall asleep quicker. I know this sounds weird as hell but I asked a friend and he said the same thing happens to him when he smokes flower. Any thoughts? I need to get to the root-reason for this happening because I'm running out of these distillate cartridges and they are getting harder and harder to find these days. Much appreciated.

I get the same response. Regardless of my tolerance and regardless of indica/sativa, if I smoke flower too soon before I try to go to sleep especially if i'm in a situation where I absolutely have to sleep soon it tends to have the opposite effect. My solution is to smoke farther out from when I actually lay down- Or I smoke and lay down together but earlier.

And there's a lot of other synergistic things happening with other drugs you consume like caffeine and nicotine, and weed. Consider sobriety for some time or forever if you really like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: thatonekris