• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

Esokabat

Experienced
Apr 22, 2024
This post will only make sense to those that follow a certain thread here.
I am so surprised how a quite intelligent person can be completely textbook "s" and still completely unaware.
Honestly it is almost fascinating to watch. And of course very sad.
I see people are trying to help but the light switch is off.
And just the textbook nature of it, I mean if I look up definition for "s", it is like identical.

I no longer comment as the light switch is permanently fused, cannot be turned on.

Everything sounds so logical and yet lacks all logic.
And so unaware
Well-spoken, intelligent, which just makes it more perplexing.
A rare insight into a tormented mind.

• Wow
Reactions: timetodie24, DepressedDude and ferrie
nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
I think I know what you're talking about? But maybe not… regardless, I'm sure it's a sad sight.

E

Esokabat

Experienced
Apr 22, 2024
I think I know what you're talking about? But maybe not… regardless, I'm sure it's a sad sight.
I didn't want to name the specific mental health issue as I don't want this person to feel hurt or feel attacked. This is why I didn't post it on their thread.

• Yay!
Reactions: timetodie24
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
That's the nature of s I'm afraid. I have an aunt who became a doctor before her symptoms set in. It's been 30 years & you still wouldn't be able to tell just from meeting her

Reactions: sugarh1gh and Esokabat
Yarani

Yarani

When I deserve it the least, I need love the most.
Mar 29, 2024
Logic does NOT work with it. If it did, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that pathological. But that's the horror of it, I think. For them, it's reality, just as certain as we are of ours, and of them being disconnected from it. I suspect their belief/certainty of their reality is even stronger than ours.

The recommendation says definitely NOT to engage in it, nor to invalidate it. The former will help making it worse or keeping it up, the latter will cause frustration, erase trust, make them withdraw etc. Try to create safety, acknowledge their perceptions, just say that you can not perceive what they do, and state what you personally perceive. Be there for them. And hope that treatment can bring them back to reality.

Arguments will not help them heal. I wish it was that easy, though. Imagine being healed of your depression by a rational argumentation suddenly convincing you that oh, life is so good, I'm happy and content and good and able and useful and ... no. Sadly not. I can't think of any illness you can logic your way out of. Tell me if you think there is. Usually it requires lots of action, and often time. Working on yourself and/or treatment.

And if I'm convinced of my reality, why would I try to work on getting out of it, and on top of that switch into a belief that I "know" is wrong/harmful? You probably would have as much reason/motivation to enter s reality as a person with s has to enter yours. None, is my guess.

That's what I think and experienced so far. Tell me if I'm wrong somewhere. Those threads are disturbing, sad, yet fascinating to me, too, and made me think about the situation quite a bit. Makes me feel pretty much powerless and frustrated and sad.
But in fact it's the same for many other threads.
The incredible amounts of pain that are being bundled up here in this single place.
An inconceivable abyss.

• Informative
Reactions: Esokabat, avoid and EvisceratedJester
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
They *could* be just playing us, having a little fun. Not beyond the realm of possibilities. People get their jollies in all kind of ways.

• Yay!
Reactions: timetodie24