squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
Hi,
Just sort of a vent/discussion. I think partial hanging might br one of the only methods available to me. I am currently testing some stuff out, I think the radiator in my room can support about half my weight and if it does I may start playing around with what happens if you lubricate the ligature (thinking like body wash gel but idk if an actual bar of soap would work better, probably.

I am not home alone so can't do anything too risky now but i'll test smart and use my wrist to try tightening not my neck for now. Will test seperate from the rediator on my neck for now to check I can get the right spot on my neck. Should'd get caught. Going to just kinda hang back from the radiator with my hands to check it does hold me, god knows what i'll do to explain it if it breaks but i doubt it will.

I haven't wrote a note yet? Do I need to? I don't think I have an awful lot to say. Any advice might be good. Thanks for hearing me vent!

Edit: the ligature I am testing is a necktie I think I read that it works well but it just feels awfully kind of elastic, like it doesn't feel as harsh as I thought it would on my arm when I test with my wrist. Is that normal? Should I maybe look at using a belt? Or seeing if I can get rope (not sure if i can).

Last edited:
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
I believe it's not a great idea to use ties or belts for even partial hanging, as it might break while your body is thrashing about unconsciously. Read a couple stories about that happening. I personally have a noose made with a 20mm jute rope that holds way more than my weight. Btw test out whatever ligature you decide to use with decent weights. Also I've read that it's better to use a thicker ligature and one that doesn't stretch, as it would make it harder and more painful

squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
I believe it's not a great idea to use ties or belts for even partial hanging, as it might break while your body is thrashing about unconsciously. Read a couple stories about that happening. I personally have a noose made with a 20mm jute rope that holds way more than my weight. Btw test out whatever ligature you decide to use with decent weights. Also I've read that it's better to use a thicker ligature and one that doesn't stretch, as it would make it harder and more painful
Hi thanks for the info, I'd be scared to get rope delivered incase the package is obvious and it gets me caught. In saying that I have a couple local hardware places I could maybe get a hold of that with, I'd wait till I get time alone and run over (place is only 10 mins away) and back with it. I'll try find a better weight than just leaning my weight on it but idk where to start, it's honestly more the support breaking before the tie I'd worry about in that case.

Just in regards to what you said though do we want more painful? I know you pass out quick so it probably shouldn't matter but if they neck tie would work and hurt less maybe i want that, not sure though, if a short amount of pain needs to be endured I can maybe do it if it'll be right.

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Hi thanks for the info, I'd be scared to get rope delivered incase the package is obvious and it gets me caught. In saying that I have a couple local hardware places I could maybe get a hold of that with, I'd wait till I get time alone and run over (place is only 10 mins away) and back with it. I'll try find a better weight than just leaning my weight on it but idk where to start, it's honestly more the support breaking before the tie I'd worry about in that case.

Just in regards to what you said though do we want more painful? I know you pass out quick so it probably shouldn't matter but if they neck tie would work and hurt less maybe i want that, not sure though, if a short amount of pain needs to be endured I can maybe do it if it'll be right.
I meant that a thinner ligature would hurt more as it puts the pressure on a smaller portion of your skin, it would try to cut into it basically. I worded it poorly, my bad. Either way try to see if the tie would even hold a decent amount of weight, wouldn't want it to fail and you possibly wake up with brain damage

squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
I meant that a thinner ligature would hurt more as it puts the pressure on a smaller portion of your skin, it would try to cut into it basically. Either way try to see if the tie would even hold a decent amount of weight, wouldn't want it to fail and you possibly wake up with brain damage
Hi I think I discovered the support I have is insufficient anyways, on my third attempt leaning off it something popped loose, it's like the top part of the radiator and it seemed ok but I can't do it anymore, I'm gonna need to find something else amyways but thank you!

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Hi I think I discovered the support I have is insufficient anyways, on my third attempt leaning off it something popped loose, it's like the top part of the radiator and it seemed ok but I can't do it anymore, I'm gonna need to find something else amyways but thank you!
Good that you figured that out now, good luck finding something. And you are welcome

squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
I meant that a thinner ligature would hurt more as it puts the pressure on a smaller portion of your skin, it would try to cut into it basically. I worded it poorly, my bad. Either way try to see if the tie would even hold a decent amount of weight, wouldn't want it to fail and you possibly wake up with brain damage
Sorey I keep bugging you but i found a way to feed to tie round the back of the raidator, idk if i'll like break the radiator if I try hang off that, what weights would you reccommend to try progressively test the weight. Sorry for being so unorganised here.

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Sorey I keep bugging you but i found a way to feed to tie round the back of the raidator, idk if i'll like break the radiator if I try hang off that, what weights would you reccommend to try progressively test the weight. Sorry for being so unorganised here.
I'd say either sport weights if you got any, or maybe fill some bags with books