theconductor25

theconductor25

Sep 7, 2024
I wanna test my SN and I was thinking of doing the blood test. I've never taken out blood myself though...Is there a particular way that's recommended and what tool should I use to draw blood? Also, do I need a certain amount of SN to add to the blood?

Thx

Last edited:
M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
From my test you either need to prick your fingers with a finger prick multiple times or cut yourself. After pricking a couple of my fingers like 5 times and realizing this it would take another 10 pricks, I just sliced my arm a small bit. Just a bit more than a paper cut :smiling:

Edit: Oh, after re-reading your question. Just put the blood on a spoon or something. You only need a few drops and you don't need to worry about contaminating the blood before adding the SN or anything. Just move fast, you'll only have a couple minutes to spare. Have the 0.1g of SN already prepared

Reactions: theconductor25
A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
what tool should I use to draw blood
Some folks have used things such as diabetic lancing kit or fingertip lancets.

You can find more info in these threads for how much SN to use:

With that said though, blood testing isn't highly reliable and doesn't ensure that the SB is >95% pure. However, it's still better than having no testing at all. The key is to purchase your substance from a reputable source and even then still conduct a test with an aquariam test kit (which is also not perfect by any means) to measure SN level.. Even with a reputable source there still could be batch issues, quality issues, mislabeling, or a host of other possibilities so would not take the risk and not do thorough testing For me, I would not rely on blood test alone; do both blood & aquariam testing for added and extra comfort. On a strictly educational basis.

I hope you find everything you are looking for and find peace & serenity.

Reactions: theconductor25
theconductor25

theconductor25

Sep 7, 2024
From my test you either need to prick your fingers with a finger prick multiple times or cut yourself. After pricking a couple of my fingers like 5 times and realizing this it would take another 10 pricks, I just sliced my arm a small bit. Just a bit more than a paper cut :smiling:

Edit: Oh, after re-reading your question. Just put the blood on a spoon or something. You only need a few drops and you don't need to worry about contaminating the blood before adding the SN or anything. Just move fast, you'll only have a couple minutes to spare. Have the 0.1g of SN already prepared
Yeah i've seen a few people recommend pricking your finger, but that only creates like a drop of blood :/ Honestly, I think I'll probably just cut my finger with a kitchen knife (gonna sterilize it ofc). I've done it before accidentally while cooking, and it always creates a decent amount of blood