P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
Instead of telling your doctor or family that you're feeling suicidal and need some help, tell them that you would like to access a legal MAID program. Unassisted suicide is illegal and can get you locked up in a mental institution. It's very dangerous even just to mention the subject, but if you replace the term "suicide" with MAID, you're safe.

This may sound bizarre, but it's the world we currently live in. If you talk about wanting to commit suicide, they'll think you're crazy and want to lock you up. But if you tell them you want MAID, strangely it's a completely different situation. This way you can get the help you need, without the risk.

This forum is also a safe place to discuss your thoughts of suicide, with others who feel the same way. It's a great way to receive support, and access resources to encourage and assist in recovery.

MAID is currently available in 11 countries in the world, and is available to 280 million people. This will continue to grow, but the process is currently happening far too slowly. The more people talk about and support this legal program, worldwide, the faster more countries will have access to it. Medical assistance in dying, means that people who really need this from chronic suffering, will not have to resort to dangerous, painful, and inhumane methods of suicide.

The fear of being institutionalized is the main reason why people are afraid to talk about suicide. It is also the main reason why it's taking so long for people to have access to this humane program. And also why it's taking so long to expand the current programs to include ALL adults who really need it.

On top of all of this, it is a MAJOR contributing factor to people attempting the many risky and painful methods of unassisted suicide that do exist (especially with young people). It's a fact that adolescents are far less likely to verbally ask for help than adults.

Therefore, don't be afraid to speak up, just make sure you use the word "MAID" instead of the word "suicide", (unless of course you're posting in the safety of this forum).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Somethingswrong
EmptyEater

EmptyEater

Sep 26, 2024
This sounds so stupid it probably is true.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle
thenorthern

thenorthern

Student
Sep 19, 2024
This is what I said to get myself admitted. Would not try for "help"

P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
This is what I said to get myself admitted. Would not try for "help"
I agree that getting yourself admitted is probably not a good way to get help. I've had a few conversations with my family doctor inquiring about MAID and it seemed to go pretty well. I definitely don't qualify for it yet, but it didn't seem to bother her much that I asked. I'm in Canada, and there is a chance that laws vary regarding MAID depending on the country you're in. But if it's legal in your country, and they don't get the impression that you're going to try to suicide on your own, they should have no reason to admit you unless that's what you really want. A doctor's duty is to admit you if they think you're a threat to yourself or to others.

Last edited: