• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023
I'm Thai and there's this government educational pdf file that's about Thailand's laws relating to cryptocurrency taxes and that's OVER 20 pages to read and learn, and that shit is just for ONE sub-topic of taxes (how to file, calculate numbers and stuff)

They don't teach these kind of laws in school and you're at the mercy of the government coming up with reasons to charge you

They tax you on literally every action

I'm the one taking the risk on trading but they take a "profit share" when I profit

Of course everyone would gladly pay taxes if the money is used to improve the country's QoL and stuff but nah it's only used to feed those politicians that are in power

Not just crypto, but any type of international investments (stocks, bonds, commodities, etc.) when you withdrawal your money back to the country you get taxed even though when investing you're the one taking risked, why must we give a "profit share" to those mofos just because we were forcibly given birth in here?
Those capital gains tax

Tax in general is shit too,
As if making a living isn't hard enough already , they take a cut out of your income just because you exist, the "cost of existing" which we didn't choose to be in the first place and the fact that we have to study how to file taxes and shit, blah blah blah idk what to say more

Ok wow another reason to add to my own solid lists of "I want to CTB just because I don't want responsibilities that the world expects out of me", @sserafim style 🫠

Even my death (planning my money and stuff to give my inheritance to my friends) will have a tax for it lmfao, there's a cost for everything since the day the parents decide to have sex

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, chocolate, Dr Iron Arc and 2 others
O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
Well fundamentally taxes exist for a reason. Do you want roads? Schools? Law enforcement? Any and all public institutions? Do you want your country not to collapse at the slightest show of force from another country? Then the government needs to collect money. And theoretically it would only be fair for each person to pay their share.

Why do assets get taxed when they appreciate? Really? I mean, c'mon now. Who do you think it benefits if money making more money doesn't get taxed? Hint: it's not your average guy who barely gets by and wants to make a little money on stocks. If there was a way to make that much money without having to pay any taxes, the country would immediately become a corporate oligarchy on the course of becoming a cyberpunk dystopia without the fun parts.

The fact is, some people have a large stable income entirely from investments. They should also need to pay taxes. Income is income.

And for that matter, it's not like this is some sort of complete scam on the risk you take. You literally get tax deductions if you lose value on assets.

It's true that most tax systems are overly convoluted and that the people who control the money coming from taxes are often corrupt, but unfortunately there's no way to make a government free from corruption. The cost of infrastructure and public institutions just have to be calculated with that corruption in mind unfortunately.

The alternative to filing tax forms is unfortunately just complete government surveillance on all monetary transactions. It absolutely sucks and people should absolutely be taught how to not get scammed by the tax system, but filing taxes is the only alternative to the government gaining insane access to information on every single thing you do.

Reactions: Rocinante and zengiraffe
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
I'm Thai and there's this government educational pdf file that's about Thailand's laws relating to cryptocurrency taxes and that's OVER 20 pages to read and learn, and that shit is just for ONE sub-topic of taxes (how to file, calculate numbers and stuff)

They don't teach these kind of laws in school and you're at the mercy of the government coming up with reasons to charge you

They tax you on literally every action

I'm the one taking the risk on trading but they take a "profit share" when I profit

Of course everyone would gladly pay taxes if the money is used to improve the country's QoL and stuff but nah it's only used to feed those politicians that are in power

Not just crypto, but any type of international investments (stocks, bonds, commodities, etc.) when you withdrawal your money back to the country you get taxed even though when investing you're the one taking risked, why must we give a "profit share" to those mofos just because we were forcibly given birth in here?
Those capital gains tax

Tax in general is shit too,
As if making a living isn't hard enough already , they take a cut out of your income just because you exist, the "cost of existing" which we didn't choose to be in the first place and the fact that we have to study how to file taxes and shit, blah blah blah idk what to say more

Ok wow another reason to add to my own solid lists of "I want to CTB just because I don't want responsibilities that the world expects out of me", @sserafim style 🫠

Even my death (planning my money and stuff to give my inheritance to my friends) will have a tax for it lmfao, there's a cost for everything since the day the parents decide to have sex

I am with you. I am able to accept that a government needs some form of income to function, and I generally don't feel bad about my local taxes if I live somewhere where I can see the results in terms of cleanliness/landscaping/government efficiency/etc., but so much of taxation is BS.

Speaking from a US standpoint, the government is simply way too huge and inefficient. Let's follow the path:
  • I make money => get taxed
  • I spend some of what's left => get taxed (sales tax)
  • I "bought" and "own" a house => property tax (wait but I thought income and sales tax was supposed to pay for roads and shit.)
  • The government prints money to pay for some BS that in no way helps me => Inflation, effectively a tax
  • To try and counter inflation, I invest some money => taxed on the gains
  • I try to help my son, who is struggling with all these taxes, so I want to give him a car that I've been using for a while that was paid for with my income after said income was taxed and on which I already paid a sales tax to buy the car in the first place => I can't give it to him without making a "sale", which is taxed based on whatever city hall tells me the car is worth
  • Okay I'll just give my son some of my money left over after I've paid all those taxes => "Gift" tax
  • ...At least he'll get what's left after the income tax and additional sales tax when I'm dead. . . => Death tax.
If you think the death tax is anything other than evil there's something wrong with you, imo. God, looking at that list it does seem like work might be modern day slavery.

And you want to know the biggest slap in the face? My taxes don't pay for anything. For almost my entire life the government has spent more than they bring in from taxes by a tremendous amount. So, I can't help but ask: why do I - or anyone else - need to pay taxes, again? If we're going to print money to pay for everything anyway, why do I - a middle class person - have to surrender what seems to be a drop of water in the government budget that is the size of 10 oceans when said drop of water is massively important to my personal wellbeing? Seems pretty BS if you ask me. Seems like it's just about controlling me, not about paying for societal essentials.

There is 0 connection between how much the federal government collects in taxes and how much it spends. They don't care. It doesn't pay for anything.

(also if we're just paying for roads it doesn't make sense that I have to pay extra taxes if I bust my ass and hit my bonus since I'm using those roads the same amount either way but I don't want to sound like I'm defending rich people.)

Reactions: Rocinante and JKFleck
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
0HVps9a.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, sserafim and JKFleck
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Taxes *are* dumb. They're cucked. It's fucked up that you don't even get to keep your whole income and instead have to fork over a portion of it to the government. Why should you have to hand over any of your salary to the state?

I propose paying taxes based on which services you use, like a pay to play kind of thing. It's cucked to pay taxes for services that don't even benefit you and which instead benefit other people. You're essentially paying for other people, and they reap the reward of your money. That's not fair at all. Your taxes go towards things that you don't even use and that is the dumbest thing in my opinion
I am with you. I am able to accept that a government needs some form of income to function, and I generally don't feel bad about my local taxes if I live somewhere where I can see the results in terms of cleanliness/landscaping/government efficiency/etc., but so much of taxation is BS.

Speaking from a US standpoint, the government is simply way too huge and inefficient. Let's follow the path:
  • I make money => get taxed
  • I spend some of what's left => get taxed (sales tax)
  • I "bought" and "own" a house => property tax (wait but I thought income and sales tax was supposed to pay for roads and shit.)
  • The government prints money to pay for some BS that in no way helps me => Inflation, effectively a tax
  • To try and counter inflation, I invest some money => taxed on the gains
  • I try to help my son, who is struggling with all these taxes, so I want to give him a car that I've been using for a while that was paid for with my income after said income was taxed and on which I already paid a sales tax to buy the car in the first place => I can't give it to him without making a "sale", which is taxed based on whatever city hall tells me the car is worth
  • Okay I'll just give my son some of my money left over after I've paid all those taxes => "Gift" tax
  • ...At least he'll get what's left after the income tax and additional sales tax when I'm dead. . . => Death tax.
If you think the death tax is anything other than evil there's something wrong with you, imo. God, looking at that list it does seem like work might be modern day slavery.

And you want to know the biggest slap in the face? My taxes don't pay for anything. For almost my entire life the government has spent more than they bring in from taxes by a tremendous amount. So, I can't help but ask: why do I - or anyone else - need to pay taxes, again? If we're going to print money to pay for everything anyway, why do I - a middle class person - have to surrender what seems to be a drop of water in the government budget that is the size of 10 oceans when said drop of water is massively important to my personal wellbeing? Seems pretty BS if you ask me. Seems like it's just about controlling me, not about paying for societal essentials.

There is 0 connection between how much the federal government collects in taxes and how much it spends. They don't care. It doesn't pay for anything.

(also if we're just paying for roads it doesn't make sense that I have to pay extra taxes if I bust my ass and hit my bonus since I'm using those roads the same amount either way but I don't want to sound like I'm defending rich people.)
Why should you have to pay for services which benefit other people but not yourself? That's dumb af

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JKFleck, derpyderpins and Rocinante
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
Taxes *are* dumb. They're cucked. It's fucked up that you don't even get to keep your whole income and instead have to fork over a portion of it to the government. Why should you have to hand over any of your salary to the state?

I propose paying taxes based on which services you use, like a pay to play kind of thing. It's cucked to pay taxes for services that don't even benefit you and which instead benefit other people. You're essentially paying for other people, and they reap the reward of your money. That's not fair at all. Your taxes go towards things that you don't even use and that is the dumbest thing in my opinion

Why should you have to pay for services which benefit other people but not yourself? That's dumb af
Holy shit, I agree and that was based af . . . just seems out of character.

Reactions: sserafim
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023

Wouldn't that just potentially lead to more class divide, since those from lower income households rely more heavily on certain social services in comparison to those who are more well-off? A good society is one where the well-being of the group is prioritized. Wealth inequality is already a growing issue today and this would likely just worsen it. If me paying taxes means that some of that money will go to services that help others, then why should I care about whether or not I plan on using them? It's weird that you are going out of way to say this shit when you likely aren't even paying that much in taxes to begin with since you are a neet.

Reactions: jar-baby and avoid
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Sales tax is absolutely cucked I agree because the businesses usually don't even get to see any of that money. Income tax is fine with me though because it eventually finds its way back to you anyway unless you're super rich.

Then again I'm someone who's been leeching the government for years thanks to my disabled sister. If you're in California, your tax dollars have been paying for her diapers, gasoline, and McDonald's, and much more. I also got about $1700 back from my latest tax refund which I'm surely going to spend on micro transactions in my phone games. Sorry.

Reactions: derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
Income tax is fine with me though because it eventually finds its way back to you anyway unless you're super rich.
I don't see how federal income tax makes its way back to me at all. We spent billions on "infrastructure" but our infrastructure has gotten no better. I don't care about Ukrain or Israel so paying for them to drop bombs does not come back to me at all. Social Security is never going to make it to me before it goes under. Our education and healthcare are ass, despite us spending a ton on education and medicare/medicaid contrary to popular belief. At least 90+% of the federal budget does not benefit me in the slightest, and this is after what I said about the fact that how much we pay in taxes doesn't actually affect the federal budget at all because they're going to print and spend it regardless.

I also got about $1700 back from my latest tax refund which I'm surely going to spend on micro transactions in my phone games. Sorry.
lol you do you that's money that was stolen from you that they are giving back. Getting a refund should piss you off because it means that much was wrongfully taken from you for some time when you could have been utilizing it.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't see how federal income tax makes its way back to me at all. We spent billions on "infrastructure" but our infrastructure has gotten no better. I don't care about Ukrain or Israel so paying for them to drop bombs does not come back to me at all. Social Security is never going to make it to me before it goes under. Our education and healthcare are ass, despite us spending a ton on education and medicare/medicaid contrary to popular belief. At least 90+% of the federal budget does not benefit me in the slightest, and this is after what I said about the fact that how much we pay in taxes doesn't actually affect the federal budget at all because they're going to print and spend it regardless.
It makes its way back to me through the tax refunds and eventually social security though I suppose that doesn't matter since I don't plan on living long enough to take advantage of that plus I'm pretty sure social security itself might fall apart and be completely unusable by the time the millennials are old enough to actually need it. You're right about the federal government blowing our tax dollars on stupid shit but I guess as long as I'm able to have enough to buy what I want it matters less to me.

lol you do you that's money that was stolen from you that they are giving back. Getting a refund should piss you off because it means that much was wrongfully taken from you for some time when you could have been utilizing it.
It should, but weirdly it doesn't. I'm kind of stupid like that. 😔

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
It makes its way back to me through the tax refunds and eventually social security though I suppose that doesn't matter since I don't plan on living long enough to take advantage of that plus I'm pretty sure social security itself might fall apart and be completely unusable by the time the millennials are old enough to actually need it. You're right about the federal government blowing our tax dollars on stupid shit but I guess as long as I'm able to have enough to buy what I want it matters less to me.

It should, but weirdly it doesn't. I'm kind of stupid like that. 😔
lol nice new pfp. And yeah a "tax refund" is just them saying "hey remember when we forced you to pay us X? Well you really only owed us X-[refund]. Now that we've gotten a few months interest on [refund] you can have it back."

Yes, no way you or I will get any social security even if we don't ctb.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
lol nice new pfp. And yeah a "tax refund" is just them saying "hey remember when we forced you to pay us X? Well you really only owed us X-[refund]. Now that we've gotten a few months interest on [refund] you can have it back."
Thanks lol. Yeah that's true too but idk I still find it neat to see that amount get deposited into my account even if it would have been slightly more if I just hadn't been taxed at all over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: derpyderpins