O

Oanlads

Feb 15, 2019
Hello, I'm new here.

After making multiple suicide attempts by different methods, I have decided to take on the suspension hanging method. And this time I am in dire and rather desperate need of actually passing on though my will to put myself through a lot of physical pain especially suffocation and such is not quite strong as I am not depressed or sad to that extent.

I've been experimenting on partial suspension but no matter how I try it using different positions and such I cannot seem to pass out.
I intend to drop unconscious just by compressing the carotid arteries without blocking the airway.
And it's been quite hard to achieve.
The closest I got was when I just leaned forwards standing up and felt my arteries pulsing hard, my body getting cold/sweaty and my head went a bit blur but then my legs start to shake to the point where I cannot keep standing anymore whilst I still seem quite far from reaching unconsciousness.
Also, after trying this, I cannot even do the same position as easily anymore as the back right side of my neck hurts quite badly as the noose tightens (think the muscle or lymph node?)
And since I have a long neck and my Adam's apple is quite large, I find it quite hard to place the noose in a position where it doesn't touch the larynx which is also pretty frustrating.

I have tried it in a different position where I was hanged from right above my neck and I just sort of sat down or tried to kneel down. But it didn't work at all since it either only blocks the jugular vein or closes the airway as well which results in me suffocating. It seemed almost impossible to compress the carotid arteries in this position without doing the airway as well.
Most of the positions make me want to swallow which is quite hard to control and uncomfortable.

What am I doing wrong?

The only anchor points available to me are either at the height of my eyes(pole of a bunk bed so can't pull straight upwards) or about 4ft off the floor(straight from above) and I am 6ft.

I use a slip knot.

Some people say to place the knot behind the left ear as it's the most effective position to compress both arteries but is that supppsed to be when you keep your head straight or just let it be pulled sideways as the knot is on the left ?
Also some say you wouldn't pass out when your legs are bent as you're in a squatting position in which I sort of tried and it didn't work out. But some people here do say they passed out whilst kneeling down ?
Do you say you would pass out more easily when your legs are straight ish?

I am sorry about the rambling post but I'm in desperate need of answers.

Basically how do you perform suspension hanging and successfully fall unconscious within seconds like many say ?
Do you have to put all your weight down? Which I believe makes you suffocate as well and is rather uncomfortable.

Please give advice thanks.

Reactions: 21Neberg and Jewels
O

Oanlads

Feb 15, 2019
*partial suspension hanging with no drop

Reactions: 21Neberg
O

Oanlads

Feb 15, 2019
Maybe the position was wrong for me and there wasn't enough weight on the rope to cause sufficient pressure/compression on the arteries ?
It was pretty much the exact same position as the girl in the video where they ran a test on a girl who leaned forwards and guys helped her up after she passed out. Video was about warning people of the danger of asphyxiation.
Basically just leaning forwards whilst standing up, letting the rope to hold you up by the neck like the scene from titanic the film

Reactions: 21Neberg