gunsforhands

gunsforhands

lost
Feb 25, 2019
Hello!

Does anybody here know more about if antidepressants and pills for anxiety disorders does work for cbt?

I got them today (in germany). That's what they say on the package:

1) Antidepressant "Fluoxetin" - contains fluoxetine hydrochloride, 20 mg per pill and I got 100 of them.
2) Anxiety stuff "Lorazepam" - contains lorazepam, 1mg per pill and I got 20. My psychiatrist said that they're very strong and you can feel like drunk or high after taking one of them :D But I didn't try them yet.

I weight 81kg, if that matters.

I'll be glad about every information c:

Last edited:
W

wiroho

Student
Jan 27, 2019
Not gone work try sn n

Reactions: gunsforhands
V

Void115

Feb 20, 2019
It s so risky, you risk to get unconscious after get em all

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Hello!

Does anybody here know more about if antidepressants and pills for anxiety disorders does work for cbt?

1) Antidepressant "Fluoxetin" - contains fluoxetine hydrochloride, 20 mg per pill and I got 100 of them.
2) Anxiety stuff "Lorazepam" - contains lorazepam, 1mg per pill and I got 20. My psychiatrist said that they're very strong and you can feel like drunk or high after taking one of them :D But I didn't try them yet.

I'm fairly certain this will not be successful, I tried with lorazepam years ago and 1mg doesn't seem that strong. I also tried with thirty valium without success obviously. It's extremely difficult if not impossible to ctb with this method you have in mind.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Jupiter, gunsforhands and 1 other person
StGerman

StGerman

Feb 22, 2019
Hello!

Also wenn ich das richtig sehe sind ADs nicht wirklich geeignet für einen Suizid. Auch nicht in Kombi mit Lorazepam.

R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
Can I ask you why you want to suicide?

If you just started to take fluoxetine, remember that first weeks there is a probability that you want to suicide. And it's better to talk with the therapist.

Reactions: gunsforhands, Redt2go and Johnnythefox
gunsforhands

gunsforhands

lost
Feb 25, 2019
I'm fairly certain this will not be successful, I tried with lorazepam years ago and 1mg doesn't seem that strong. I also tried with thirty valium without success obviously. It's extremely difficult if not impossible to ctb with this method you have in mind.
Thank you very much!

Reactions: Redt2go and Johnnythefox
gunsforhands

gunsforhands

lost
Feb 25, 2019
Also wenn ich das richtig sehe sind ADs nicht wirklich geeignet für einen Suizid. Auch nicht in Kombi mit Lorazepam.
Hm, dabei habe ich das schon so oft gehört irgendwie. Aber vielleicht ist das erst möglich bei einer viel höheren Dosis, oder es ist ein Mythos, wer weiß. Danke dir auf jeden Fall! c:

gunsforhands

gunsforhands

lost
Feb 25, 2019
Can I ask you why you want to suicide?

If you just started to take fluoxetine, remember that first weeks there is a probability that you want to suicide. And it's better to talk with the therapist.

Not a specific reason, just depression and other mental shit that got me to hate myself and my life.

Yeah, I know that and I'm kinda scared. I'm supposed to start with half of a pill a day and after a week he said to take a whole per day. Maybe thats better to cope with the "new energy", you know? I hope so...

Reactions: odette and Redt2go
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
Yes ... sometimes the 'extra energy' can lead us to think about it.
I hope it will change in a few days.
I re-started to take sertraline for a month and at the beginning I was euphoric but now I'm a bit down.
I think is not enough or the type of medicines what you have for ctb.
Remember there is a wiki, with info about methods to ctb.
Don't take my phrases as truth. Have more opinions.

Reactions: gunsforhands and Redt2go
gunsforhands

gunsforhands

lost
Feb 25, 2019
Hey, little question:
what if I would drink alcohol with it?
I've read, that people do cbt with only lorazepam and alcohol, but I don't know any measurements.

Does anyone know more about it?

Reactions: Redt2go
B

BaronVon

Feb 24, 2019
I made a 100% genuine attempt when i was a teenager with the pill method, 120 approx paracetamol and 22 other , some alcohol and substance intake and i would not try that method again. I just went through 12 hours of being violently sick, ambulance , hospital , stomach pumped and drip for a week or so . it was not fun.

Maybe i had youth on my side there that kept me alive

ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
I wouldn't bother with the fluoxetine. I tried overdosing on Sertralnine several months ago. I only ended up with excruciating abdominal pain and terrifying hallucinations. As one pharmacist later told me, SSRIs are about as deadly as the bottle they come in.

Reactions: Johnnythefox and Redt2go
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
Forget it, I tried it, failed and almost fucked up my liver. Cheers.

Reactions: Vaughn, Redt2go and ShadowOfTheDay
T

Trulysorry

Dec 31, 2018
You build tolerance to lorazepam quickly I find..

T

Trulysorry

Dec 31, 2018
Did you take them daily or just in some situations? And how fast did the tolerance rise?

And thanks for you the info

I won't lie, I took more than I should have. Was prescribed 1 once a day at bed time.. I sometimes took 2 .. 3.. now if I take one it has no effect. And this was probably within a months time.

gunsforhands

gunsforhands

lost
Feb 25, 2019
I won't lie, I took more than I should have. Was prescribed 1 once a day at bed time.. I sometimes took 2 .. 3.. now if I take one it has no effect. And this was probably within a months time.
Are addicted to them? Why did you take so much in the first place? How did you feel the first time?
(Sorry, I don't want to bother you, but lorazepam is so strange to me and I'm kinda affraid to take it but also excited. But I just got them for fear making situations)

T

Trulysorry

Dec 31, 2018
Are addicted to them? Why did you take so much in the first place? How did you feel the first time?
(Sorry, I don't want to bother you, but lorazepam is so strange to me and I'm kinda affraid to take it but also excited. But I just got them for fear making situations)

I wouldnt say I'm addicted to them, because I can go without them without any symptoms .. or real urge to have them.. but apparently they are addictive, so I would suggest being smarter than I am with them. As for how I felt.. they were relaxing (still are when I take enough) .. can't completely chill, and go to sleep. As for why I take them.. they're an escape when I need one.

T

Trulysorry

Dec 31, 2018
I wouldnt say I'm addicted to them, because I can go without them without any symptoms .. or real urge to have them.. but apparently they are addictive, so I would suggest being smarter than I am with them. As for how I felt.. they were relaxing (still are when I take enough) .. can completely chill, and go to sleep. As for why I take them.. they're an escape when I need one.