sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
im so disgusted by this idiotic view that suicide is selfish. selfish would be choosing something for the benefit of oneself to the detriment of another. and suicide is done to stop pain. is it selfish to stop pain? is my pain to the benefit of the other? and anyway. how the fuck is destroying the SELF selfish?? wtf. a dead body is selfLESS, selfishness is meant to be enjoyed, that's why selfish people do their selfish little acts. they get a kick out of them. the fact that your family has to live without you is not a kick… it's a sacrifice to pay for your pain stopping. istg if i see another one of these posts online calling it selfish (from grieving family members no less, lmao) i'll balloon up like aunt marge from harry potter and set off into the sky never to be found again

• Yay!
Reactions: LifeQuitter, pthnrdnojvsc, Ethel and 6 others
D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
@sevennn Thank you for this statement.

Reactions: MBiopic and esalucolom-wojaqter
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
the parent took the gamble of bring someone alive here in this evil world they risk losing that person at some point in time that what they sign up for when bring someone alive here there loss should of done a better job of looking after your kids

Reactions: MBiopic and KillingPain267
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
They argue it's selfish because you will cause your family to grieve and miss you, causing them pain. But by that standard, ghosting a friend or divorcing a spouse is selfish and must be stopped because it will cause them pain if one part did not want the divorce. But we don't ban separation and divorce, and prevent it at all cost, just because one spouse may be hurt and miss their partner.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Ethel, Joarga and 5 others
memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
My father told me something interesting in the shittiest motel ever at 2 A.M while my Mom was dying.

He simply said:

"Death is expensive, insert [my name]". Then he turned off the light.

I'm 44. I had never thought about that. Ever.

I went out for a smoke or two and prayed my Mom would be okay.

I never gave up hope. But I was wrong. She died.

And he was right!

(IN A SHORT FRAME OF TIME) The amount of money that pours into an actual death and subsequent funeral is egregious!

I guess what I'm saying here...is suicide and subsequent death is expensive.

It's okay to think these things but it's also okay to consider to peak into the future from other individuals.

Death is expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteamaHorns