• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

junie-est

junie-est

A robot's best friend.
Jul 12, 2018
Does anyone have a suicide note or anything they plan to leave behind for anyone who ultimately finds you? Mine is my signature but in case you are too lazy to look down, I simply took this quote:

It's all going to be over soon.
No more pain. No more abuse. No more hate.
I'll be going ahead to a better place. A happier place.
A place where none of the bad people can hurt me.
A place where I can't hurt me.
So there's nothing to be sad about. This is a happy day.
It's the happiest day of my life.

Reactions: Soon4me, Weirdoee, Smilla and 2 others
Alysia

Alysia

Jul 3, 2018
I think I would/will leave one if I can come up with something good and beautiful, something happy and positive. I don't know if I want to give a full breakdown of my reasons as many of them are very personal to me and it would probably end up having to be a small book if I really wanted to say everything in my mind and heart in detail. It could, perhaps, end up having a somewhat of a sad tone overall, although there would certainly be no mystery left around my death and the reasons for it if I did that.

In either case I would leave money for my cremation though so my family wouldn't have to pay for it. :)

Reactions: Aaron, Smilla and thickwing
I

I_Am_Trashman

Jun 4, 2018
I probably want to leave something along the lines of "I'm sorry for the pain this causes but I couldn't handle the pain of life anymore. This is no one's fault but my own."

Reactions: GloryGloryGlory, wanttodie, Smilla and 1 other person
JayZT

JayZT

Jul 12, 2018
I've got one saved on my laptop but it's too risky to write it out just yet for my parents to find, When I'm 100% and ready I will write it and leave it lying on my bed.

Reactions: Alysia
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I have wrote mine.guessed it was easier to do ahead of time and not in the moment when there is only one thing you need to be concentrating on.

Reactions: Alysia
Aaron

Aaron

Jul 2, 2018
If at all, I'd keep it strictly informational without unnecessary romanticisation.

On the other hand I like how Blink182 turned a suicide note into a song
Hoppus said the song's inspiration came from "reading a magazine where some teenage kid had killed himself and left a letter for his family." Untrue online rumors purported that the song was inspired by a friend from Hoppus' high school years who committed suicide

Reactions: GloryGloryGlory
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
me to I probably want to leave something along the lines of "I'm sorry for the pain this causes but I couldn't handle the pain of life anymore. This is no one's fault but my own."

Reactions: GloryGloryGlory
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
I'll just leave a card saying sorry for the inconvenience. Obviously I'm not fucking sorry but still.

Reactions: Aponia & Ataraxia
GloryGloryGlory

GloryGloryGlory

Mar 20, 2018
If at all, I'd keep it strictly informational without unnecessary romanticisation.

On the other hand I like how Blink182 turned a suicide note into a song

One of my favorite songs. Cuts you deep

Reactions: Aaron
Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
If anyone is writing with the sole intent to disperse guilt, the suicide note of a mathematician is good place to look for inspiration:

"Until yesterday I had no definite intention of killing myself. But more than a few must have noticed that lately I have been tired both physically and mentally. As to the cause of my suicide, I don't quite understand it myself, but it is not the result of a particular incident, nor of a specific matter. Merely may I say, I am in the frame of mind that I lost confidence in my future. There may be someone to whom my suicide will be troubling or a blow to a certain degree. I sincerely hope that this incident will cast no dark shadow over the future of that person. At any rate, I cannot deny that this is a kind of betrayal, but please excuse it as my last act in my own way, as I have been doing my own way all my life." --Yutaka Taniyama

That being said: Some may find it worthwhile to address the note to specific individuals (since it may well be the case that there are some family members/friends whom are innocent, and others not so much). If ethics/morality is your goal then it may be in the best interest of others that you not only disperse the guilt of the decent/innocent, but also leave a warning to those (who matter to you) of others in the family whom you could see causing problems down the line. Personally, I've taken it upon myself as a final task to point out the negligent/inept financial and parenting behavior of someone in the family, for example. Social dysfunction/flaws can become more obvious in one's final weeks, so this gives one a special perspective on matters such as these. Some may find it worthwhile to simply, clearly, and briefly bring the unethical/immoral behavior to the attention of others, even for the possibility that it may well spare them some future grief or unnecessary trouble, if anything.

Reactions: ultraviolet sin, + + + + and Tiburcio