FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Anything related to trying to stop people from ceasing to exist on their own terms is honestly so repulsive as it's just prolonging suffering in an existence that only causes harm.
I see suicide as the most ideal way to die and it's something relieving rather than something to prevent, it disgusts me the view that suicide should be prevented under any circumstances.

As after all one cannot be harmed by not existing as existence is the source of all harm, there are no disadvantages to not existing yet there is no limit as to how much one can suffer in this hellish and evil world.

It comforts me the thought of sleeping for all eternity, only death can bring peace, existence wasn't something worth enduring in the first place.
The only relief lies in this existence disappearing and being forgotten about, there is no value in enduring this futile and meaningless existence that leads to nothing and nowhere anyway. All humans deserve the option to instantly find peace from this existence and if one could just choose to sleep eternally it would be such a relief.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AncientSorrow, heavyeyes, myusername890 and 9 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
What about the 14 year-old girl who jumped off the GG bridge because "no one needed this fat boring stupid girl"? Or the man who did the same having left a note saying he wouldn't if some stranger on the way there smiled at him?

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, betternever2havbeen, CompanyOpossum and 4 others
S

SpiritInTheSky

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it
Sep 10, 2023
In my opinion it is something that can be prevented and has been prevented numerous times. People recover and go on to live health happy lives and end up helping others themselves from their own experiences.
A lot of the time people just need a shoulder to cry on and vent.
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Reactions: betternever2havbeen, enough of this, DumbGirl and 2 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It is not mandatory. It is an option.

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, Kawaii_Shoujo215, enough of this and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think one of the reasons a person kills themself is because they feel alone and like no ones gives a shit about them. It's hard to know how they would respond if someone actually stopped and tried to talk to them. Maybe not to talk them out of it but to show that even a total stranger can care about another person. Of course- the tragedy is- they may be there because they need the support of others. They may be torn away from their attempt and supported for a little while but then left. Then- yes- you have to wonder if it was fair to give them that false hope and then, leave them.

The difficulty I have with your posts is that you assume that everyone is like you- but they're not. I certainly agree that suicide prevention in its current form is too heavy handed, too authoritarian and insulting to people's intelligence and right to choose. However- is it REALLY all that bad to say- offer someone support?

If that person is standing on the edge because they feel like no one cares about them. No one even notices them or cares if they live or die and you just walk past them- you've proved it to them. Maybe that's more representative of the world in the long run. Maybe you're doing them a favour too- get it over now rather than live to be disappointed and relapse later on. Who knows though?

One statistic I find really odd to be honest, spouted by prolifers is that nine out of ten people who attempt suicide and survive will not go on to die by suicide. I really wish they'd go into why. Maybe their initial attempt was so traumatic that they are too scared to try again. Could it be that some recovered though? 90% is massive. It can't all be because they are scared. Maybe they finally got the support they needed.

Anyhow- you also have to wonder, for very public attempts (in some cases- not all obviously,) is this more of a gesture? Do they want to get caught and stopped? Is it a cry for attention/ help? In which case- if things are so bad that they're willing to risk their life- aren't they deserving of help? The problem is- some stranger standing the wrong side of the railings on a bridge- you simply have no way of knowing their mindset. They could even be off their face.

I understand that to you- death trumps life. Death is the supreme solution for everyone but not everyone believes that. Some people may believe that today even but not tomorrow. The problem is- we don't know unless we talk to them. I certainly agree that involuntary commitment- basically treating them like a criminal is a disgusting response. Still- I'm not convinced that just no response is the best way to go either.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, Cloud Busting, Amelie and 1 other person
L

lotushippy42

Mar 17, 2023
I think I'm with OP. No one chooses to be born, so there's no shame in tapping out when you've had enough of this nonsense. If suffering is more salient than pleasure, which it really seems to be, then the net sum of existing is just a tedious burden. And 'recovery' is a very optimistic term. I don't think one can 'recover' from the knowledge of inevitable death except by the laborious mental gymnastics required to maintain the vital lies which keep one alive. Having shed these lies however, there remains the unfortunate threshold of SI created and maintained by mindless evolution which cannot be surmounted without an improbable amount of impulsivity. I mean to say, if pain was less painful or life was eternal, I'd be fine with existing. But since it is not, this performance is really a pain in the ass. Death as a choice should really not be mind-blowing. Suicide is an acceleration of the inevitable- it is not the introduction of something new. It is not a path taken by the misguided, it is quitting early. We all quit life whether we want to or not. What motivation exists to talk someone out of suicide? It's like asking someone to pay taxes once audited rather than on time. It's the same loss either way, except in the latter case, you can save yourself the embarrassment of ignorance. All analogies break down somewhere, but this is where I land, whatever that's worth.

Reactions: heavyeyes and pthnrdnojvsc
jussrav

jussrav

Experienced
Sep 9, 2023
Anything related to trying to stop people from ceasing to exist on their own terms is honestly so repulsive as it's just prolonging suffering in an existence that only causes harm.
I see suicide as the most ideal way to die and it's something relieving rather than something to prevent, it disgusts me the view that suicide should be prevented under any circumstances.

As after all one cannot be harmed by not existing as existence is the source of all harm, there are no disadvantages to not existing yet there is no limit as to how much one can suffer in this hellish and evil world.

It comforts me the thought of sleeping for all eternity, only death can bring peace, existence wasn't something worth enduring in the first place.
The only relief lies in this existence disappearing and being forgotten about, there is no value in enduring this futile and meaningless existence that leads to nothing and nowhere anyway. All humans deserve the option to instantly find peace from this existence and if one could just choose to sleep eternally it would be such a relief.
I dont want to put a dampener on it but we don't know if it is sleeping for eternity. Noone knows. I guess it will be the end of suffering on this planet thats a definite but what awaits us we have no idea. I want to ctb and I dont care where I will go because its got to be better than this nightmare. X

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I agree. Anyone has the right to die, it's their life.

Forcing someone to live should have the same consequences as murder. Some people don't want to die and equally, some of us don't want to live.

The 14 year old or the guy no one smiled at as another post mentioned both had this equal right. It doesn't matter what anyone else did or didn't do.

Reactions: heavyeyes and pthnrdnojvsc
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
The 14 year old or the guy no one smiled at as another post mentioned both had this equal right. It doesn't matter what anyone else did or didn't do.
If those are the conclusions you came to after hearing those cases, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I just don't think the sentiments expressed in the OP are as considerate and caring towards other people as they are made out to be.

Reactions: heavyeyes and SpiritInTheSky