Ffaxanadu

Ffaxanadu

Aug 14, 2024
I've been thinking lately about the idea that suicide is kind of like giving birth.

Why? Because our mothers have suffered to give us life, so in a sense it is logical that dying involves suffering.

Obviously this idea has no logical basis: we all want to die without suffering, maybe without even realizing it.

But for those who decide to take their own lives, it can be a positive thought, in a certain sense; "my mother suffered to give birth, I have to suffer to die."

It's sort of a "tax" to pay to go from state to state, or some sort of test, if you want.

I don't know if I could explain myself, it's just an idea that's been buzzing in my head for a few days.

• Hugs
Reactions: wCvML2
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
It is an interesting idea though I do wish all birth and death were painless. What I think can argued against a tax is that natural death by old age is not seldom painless if there is no significant pain caused by disease prior to the dying process, which means there is no intrinsic pain in dying. So that means the possibility of painlessly passing away is irrelevant to the pain that the mother experienced while giving birth.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Ffaxanadu