• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

Moby

Mar 26, 2020
Are there any crisis lines where you you can talk to someone openly on the phone about ctb without them telling police?

Id like to feel less alone on the day.

• Love
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, RainAndSadness, Hollow Point and 2 others
I_love_to_bake

I_love_to_bake

Student
Feb 27, 2020
I just refuse to give them an address. I don't live anywhere right now anyway. So they have nowhere to send the police even if they want to.

Reactions: Hollow Point
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Are there any crisis lines where you you can talk to someone openly on the phone about ctb without them telling police?

Id like to feel less alone on the day.
Every helpline becomes anonymous when used on Nokia 3310 just for this purpose and with a sim-card registered on fake name.

Reactions: SuicideAwaits, Absurdity, nitrogen and 2 others
T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
If it's any consolation the systems resources are that overstretched now they don't have time to deal with a *little thing like suicidal ideation*.
Youd be lucky to get a knock as soon as 2021. They will listen to you on the phone though.

Reactions: autumnal, Hollow Point and I_love_to_bake
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
I used to work for a suicide/crisis hotline (lol) and in training, they told us to ask potentially suicidal callers if they have a specific plan to CTB and if they currently had the means to carry out those plans. If they said yes to both questions, this is typically when we were told to alert police officers, but the decision to do so may also depend on other factors (e.g., if the caller has impaired judgment at the time, willingness of caller to reach out to their social support network).

Unless the telephone worker or the agency is inept, simply talking about suicidal thoughts shouldn't result in police being called, but it may depend on the specific phoneline being called.

Last edited:
Reactions: lovedread, autumnal, GoodPersonEffed and 5 others
Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
I was texting with a hotline for a few hours before an attempt, and as I'm sitting there in the mall, two police came and put me in handcuffs and took me to the hospital.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, akrasia, disabledandhopeless and 5 others
I_love_to_bake

I_love_to_bake

Student
Feb 27, 2020
I was texting with a hotline for a few hours before an attempt, and as I'm sitting there in the mall, two police came and put me in handcuffs and took me to the hospital.
That sounds absolutely ludicrous. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Did you tell them where you were? Did you make any indication of homicidal ideation?

Texting for a few hours sounds strange to me because the hotline I texted focused on getting you to agree to a safe plan and ending the conversation in less than 15 minutes. The staff are limited and they need to get to other people waiting.

I guess it depends on how busy everything is. Right now, suicide hotlines are ringing off the hook and police are far too busy doing other things like toomuchtimetodie said.

Did they force you to take any psychiatric drugs against your will?

Reactions: akrasia, Absurdity and Hollow Point
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
The one that we have in Spain doesn't call police. They were nice, and they even offered to me a free psychologist.

Reactions: Deleted member 14573 and I_love_to_bake
Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
That sounds absolutely ludicrous. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Did you tell them where you were? Did you make any indication of homicidal ideation?

Texting for a few hours sounds strange to me because the hotline I texted focused on getting you to agree to a safe plan and ending the conversation in less than 15 minutes. The staff are limited and they need to get to other people waiting.

I guess it depends on how busy everything is. Right now, suicide hotlines are ringing off the hook and police are far too busy doing other things like toomuchtimetodie said.

Did they force you to take any psychiatric drugs against your will?

I only told them I'm in a mall. They figured out where I was from by my number, new a few things about me during the pre-screen texts, and maybe even tracked my phone. The only person I talked about hurting was myself.

It's a newish text service in canada where you can type instead of talk, it's much easier to use. Plus, I can imagine you could juggle a few conversations at once if you're a good operator. The responses were fast and thoughtful. I tried letting the person go, saying they probably have others to attend to, and they said they will be there until end of shift at like midnight if I remember correctly.

He didn't tell me he called the cops, they just found me. I guess after a few hours of texting he decided I was serious and called police. I was taken to the hospital and released early the next morning. That was actually the day I became homeless.

The hospital didn't force anything. They took blood, checked my vitals, let me rest, made me tell my life story 4 times, gave me a sandwich and basically said get the fuck out lol

Reactions: lovedread, rat.girl and I_love_to_bake
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I used to work for a suicide/crisis hotline (lol) and in training, they told us to ask potentially suicidal callers if they have a specific plan to CTB and if they currently had the means to carry out those plans. If they said yes to both questions, this is typically when we were told to alert police officers, but the decision to do so may also depend on other factors (e.g., if the caller has impaired judgment at the time, willingness of caller to reach out to their social support network).

Unless the telephone worker or the agency is inept, simply talking about suicidal thoughts shouldn't result in police being called, but it may depend on the specific phoneline being called.

You made me laugh, used to work for suicide/crisis hotline, you could rejoin with all your new found knowledge, if someone said they are ctb with SN you could ask them are they following Stan's guide, haha, I think being a member of SS would be good training.

There was a sad case in the UK when a 16 year old girl contacted Childline and said she was feeling suicidal and they contacted the police and the national crime agency tracked her down using her IP address and she committed suicide, full story below.

You can prevent tracking by downloading the TOR browser.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, Whale_bones, Blu_1 and 1 other person
mpnf

mpnf

Mental anguish..no more please.
Oct 3, 2019
The one that we have in Spain doesn't call police. They were nice, and they even offered to me a free psychologist.
Is the hotline really free of charge or do they charge you by minute as I read online. What's the actual number?.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
717 00 37 17 Teléfono de la Esperanza. It's cell cost. Are you from Spain? PM me if you are from here and want to.

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
You made me laugh, used to work for suicide/crisis hotline, you could rejoin with all your new found knowledge, if someone said they are ctb with SN you could ask them are they following Stan's guide, haha, I think being a member of SS would be good training.

There was a sad case in the UK when a 16 year old girl contacted Childline and said she was feeling suicidal and they contacted the police and the national crime agency tracked her down using her IP address and she committed suicide, full story below.

You can prevent tracking by downloading the TOR browser.

I think many of us on SS could actually work for helpline. We have same problems, it means we are able to understand and avoid mistakes which are done by helpline workers. We would pay attention to reasons not consequences.

Reactions: I_love_to_bake and Jumper Geo
Abaigh

Abaigh

Student
Jan 20, 2020
Depending on where you live you could call Samaritans their call number is 116123. And their text number is (087) 260 9090. Hope this helps. I use this one and they don't call police they will just talk

• Love
Reactions: I_love_to_bake and Moby
M

Moby

Mar 26, 2020
Depending on where you live you could call Samaritans their call number is 116123. And their text number is (087) 260 9090. Hope this helps. I use this one and they don't call police they will just talk
Thank you ❤

• Love
Reactions: Abaigh
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Some peer-run warmlines are run by people who are, on principle, against any kind of coercion or police intervention. Partial listing here. I'd ask the individual on the phone explicitly too. And steer clear of anything run by NAMI because that's a hategroup.

Also 'Alternatives to Suicide' in some places, uses a non-clinical/non-medical model, the facilitator training is anti-incarceration and doesn't assume that suicidality is linked to "mental illness" (or other crimes-against-semiotics phrases.) Of course, in-person meetings are all canceled because of the plague now, but some have started group call-ins...