GreenBanana23

GreenBanana23

Suicidal Banana
Mar 5, 2023
ive Tried them when I was lonely and feeling depressed like right now but they don't provide me much relief. Wait I mean NO RELEIF. I don't know what I'm expecting but it never helps. I just want to talk to someone but it doesn't feel the same as it would a friend but I have no friends that would be capable of hearing me nor do I want to subject friends to my bullshit. This sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost Magic, Myexit, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
People like us complaining about hotlines and therapy all the day but what is it we expect from them?

Someone else talking and listening does nothing for my problems. It's not fair to blame them. It's not their fault we cannot be helped.

Reactions: frogandtoad, swaraj, GreenTree and 4 others
Torabol

Torabol

Student
Apr 15, 2023
People like us complaining about hotlines and therapy all the day but what is it we expect from them?

Someone else talking and listening does nothing for my problems. It's not fair to blame them. It's not their fault we cannot be helped.
If they can't help that shouldn't offer anything at all. We have the right to complain as we're sold false hope and could've died instead of being tortured for additional years. All hotlines should be shut down as they do more harm than good.

E

EminemTupacDrDre567

Aug 13, 2023
I did feel a little better one time after talking to one and having someone to listen to me. It was enough to decide against doing it that night. I've had others that didn't seem very empathetic. They were just trying to see if I needed the police called on me or not. Having the threat of the police coming over seems like it would be a big deterrent to people that would want to call the hotline and have someone to talk to.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
If they can't help that shouldn't offer anything at all. We have the right to complain as we're sold false hope and could've died instead of being tortured for additional years. All hotlines should be shut down as they do more harm than good.
but they do help a lot of people...

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
Suicide hotlines can absolutely work, but from what I've heard the quality of staff is absolutely pathetic in some countries. In my opinion, you should be specialized, have an psychology education and experience in the work field. These calls can be life or death.

I personally have had good experiences because the system in my country (Netherlands) works very well. They even have a free suicide prevention therapy that you can follow for weeks and months, one appointment every week. They give good tips and provide a listening ear.

The way suicide hotlines work right now in the USA for example is dangerous. They would honestly be better off getting rid of it. Though then again, people who call sometimes get so angry over how they're treated by the hotline that they might extend their ctb date anyways. (joke)

G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
There all volunteers and have our best interests at heart. Unfortunately they don't understand how much pain some of us are in. They try there best though and if they help 1 in 100 get relief there worth it.

Reactions: swaraj
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Of course they don't help because the governments don't give a shit about our mental health. They only want to display a good image of themselves and make the society think highly of them. They put absolutely no effort into bettering the mental health system yet they try imposing their horrible views on us, forcing us to stay alive against our wills and mocking us for thinking the way we do. I'm sorry you can't vent to anyone or try to get any help because of the awful society and its people. But, we are here to help if you ever need it. Sending you strength. :)

Reactions: swaraj