FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This is why all the pro-life type views just come across as so incredibly absurd to me, as suicide could never be a bad thing as after all suicide means freedom and relief from suffering, respecting someone's decision to escape from this harmful existence is compassionate.

All those views about suicide being "wrong" are centred around delusional beliefs that don't reflect reality, suicide could never be wrong as one cannot be harmed by not-existing, to die solves all problems in which there was never a need for in the first place. There is nothing bad about non-existence as one is unable to experience anything, all that is bad is a result of existence, all the suffering and problems started when existence did which is why I see existence itself as being the ultimate problem.

I very strongly believe that when we leave this world we just cease existing with all we knew finally forgotten about, I just see existence as being something so meaningless and unnecessary in the first place, existence is a tragic mistake, a futile struggle of passing the time and waiting around to die, continuing to endure this burden that was forced on us is a personal choice and not an obligation.

And it's like many humans forget that we are just all going to die anyway so how could suicide ever be wrong as death is all we are intended for and death is the most normal thing after all, people die every day, suicide is just the way for one to take control over their inevitable fate and I believe that eventually most of us won't even exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here, we are destined to be forgotten about.

So therefore it's just inhumane denying people the right to die in peace, having the ability to peacefully escape from suffering should be a human right, seeing suicide as being worse than all the harm that existence causes truly is insane to me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sannti, deathisnear, floralheaddress and 14 others
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
And it's like many humans forget that we are just all going to die anyway so how could suicide ever be wrong as death is all we are intended for and death is the most normal thing after all, people die every day, suicide is just the way for one to take control over their inevitable fate and I believe that eventually most of us won't even exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here, we are destined to be forgotten about.

Ah, but I want to "exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here" for an exceedingly looong time. Also, I want to be in a pleasant afterlife where I can observe people reading my books and reading about me. Maybe after a thousand years, I would be content to be gradually forgotten about. However, the main reason I haven't ctb yet (besides not wanting to devastate my mother and risk Hell) is that I crave posthumous fame. (As I've written before, I don't want to be a celebrity while I am alive because I don't think I could handle it well. However, I want millions of people who live centuries from now to admire me.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think there are of course those who would say that even on a personal basis, it's wrong. I think most of the time though, people are thinking about the devastation it leaves behind.

Sadly- very few of us exist as an island. As in- most people's lives interconnect with other lives. Should we live entirely for the sake of others? No- it's not fair to expect that of anyone.

Still- it simply isn't a common feeling when people they cared about died that it's something to be joyous about. Some deaths devastate families- whether they be self inflicted or not. In all manner of ways- financially, practically, emotionally. I just don't think it's realistic for people to be as selfless as to realise that that person is now free. Unless the circumstances were extreme I expect and they were obviously suffering. Most people think about their own suffering and discomfort first though I imagine.

Honestly speaking- if the people that provide for you- presumably your parents/ family- decided to CTB all together leaving you behind- where would that leave you? In a better position or worse? Would you be ok entirely on your own? Would you STILL view it as a 'good' thing? I'm just really curious to be honest. Whether your 'suicide could never be a bad thing' REALLY extends to EVERYONE. How about if they did it when you were a child and you were put into care? Do you suppose that wouldn't have affected your life? All lives affect other lives. Most people don't want to have a negative effect on other people's lives and suddenly finding yourself with no support system and no money can negatively affect you.

It's not that I'm saying suicide is immoral or bad or wrong. I'm just saying I think it's naive to think it doesn't have negative consequences on people left behind. I know you'd simply say- you wouldn't be around to see it- so, why should you care? I'm just saying as a statement that it could never be bad simply isn't very realistic for the people left behind. I'm really wondering- if you had been left behind if you could view it the same? If you were left with no money, no home, no one at all- would you really think it was 'good' that they used their autonomy and chose to leave?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, mouseteacup and ookletsgoctb
WhyWasIBorn

WhyWasIBorn

I didn't ask to be here... so why can't I leave?
Jan 18, 2019
Ah, but I want to "exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here" for an exceedingly looong time. Also, I want to be in a pleasant afterlife where I can observe people reading my books and reading about me. Maybe after a thousand years, I would be content to be gradually forgotten about. However, the main reason I haven't ctb yet (besides not wanting to devastate my mother and risk Hell) is that I crave posthumous fame. (As I've written before, I don't want to be a celebrity while I am alive because I don't think I could handle it well. However, I want millions of people who live centuries from now to admire me.)
I'm glad you found something that you feel positively impacts the world. I think for most people though we all are just drones of society spending most of our lifetime at a job we have no real liking for just to have a place to sleep, or never really finding a true skill, passion or hobby that ever interested them, due to a mental disorder or not.

I personally don't believe in any afterlife as there just isn't any evidence of there being one, though I've put my trust into that many times in the past and this world constantly has terrible things going on daily that show me there's no one in control here but our ape selfs reaching for the possibility of another better life. Sorry if this comes across negative just sharing my thoughts I truly wish you the best with your literature I have been trying to find something to read myself to keep busy.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Maravillosa
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I believe that eventually most of us won't even exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here, we are destined to be forgotten about.

I'll never understand the need or desire to be "remembered". Life is an experience, not a popularity contest. To exist in the minds of temporary and finite creatures is slow death. And it's impossible. Michael Jordan will be forgotten one day. Humans will be forgotten one day. Sure, there'll be evidence that they were here. But no new being is going to sit and overly concern itself with what happened to a self-destructive, hairless ape. I think that we all go on, in some form. That's what I believe though. I can't say what is after death. That'd be guessing at best. No one knows, and no one has been back to tell us.

On the whole, I agree with you. Self-termination is not bad. It's just considered bad by a parasitic society that seeks to bleed some type of "usefulness" out of people who were forced into this sad reality.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, mouseteacup, myusername890 and 2 others
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
This is why all the pro-life type views just come across as so incredibly absurd to me, as suicide could never be a bad thing as after all suicide means freedom and relief from suffering, respecting someone's decision to escape from this harmful existence is compassionate.

All those views about suicide being "wrong" are centred around delusional beliefs that don't reflect reality, suicide could never be wrong as one cannot be harmed by not-existing, to die solves all problems in which there was never a need for in the first place. There is nothing bad about non-existence as one is unable to experience anything, all that is bad is a result of existence, all the suffering and problems started when existence did which is why I see existence itself as being the ultimate problem.

I very strongly believe that when we leave this world we just cease existing with all we knew finally forgotten about, I just see existence as being something so meaningless and unnecessary in the first place, existence is a tragic mistake, a futile struggle of passing the time and waiting around to die, continuing to endure this burden that was forced on us is a personal choice and not an obligation.

So therefore it's just inhumane denying people the right to die in peace, having the ability to peacefully escape from suffering should be a human right, seeing suicide as being worse than all the harm that existence causes truly is insane to me.
I agree, I don't think suicide is wrong or bad, but unfortunate. It sucks when you're fighting yourself, and those around you. I just wish i could make my own reality

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
As long as the decision to suicide is free and it's someone's desire for their personal reasons there's nothing bad and nothing wrong with it. It's a human right to decide when someone want to leave this world.

Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber