Schizotypal

Schizotypal

I live to be hated
Feb 2, 2019
I just wanna know how much isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) can make your brain depressed enough to die. I know that is possible dying from isopropanol, even with ethanol is possible, but about isopropanol how much should I drink? I'm sure less than 1L

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I remember reading that it was about 250 ml for the lethal dose, but this is still unreliable and can cause serious permanent damage if you fail, not only that but this is a terribly painful way to go.

brain damage, liver damage, pancreas damage, internal bleeding and damage to eyes and inner ear are just some of the few negative effects of this method and since it is very likely to fail i would not recommend it at all.

Reactions: Girobatol
Schizotypal

Schizotypal

I live to be hated
Feb 2, 2019
I remember reading that it was about 250 ml for the lethal dose, but this is still unreliable and can cause serious permanent damage if you fail, not only that but this is a terribly painful way to go.

brain damage, liver damage, pancreas damage, internal bleeding and damage to eyes and inner ear are just some of the few negative effects of this method and since it is very likely to fail i would not recommend it at all.

Thank's for reply. Well, first let me tell that any OD/poisoning is very uncomfortable, doesn't matter what substance. And in general is not a pacific death, and most of poisonings fail. I know that because I failed before with amitriptyline and chloroform. Unfortunately all methods (or almost all) can permanently damage you if don't work, in high or low level, is ever a risk.
This said, chloroform made me very sick. I had all the toxic information before, I know what could happen with me if I failed, and I did. But in my mind I was thinking "I will hate me even more if I failed but I don't think is a painful death because I will pass out". I did a lot of chloroform, doesn't died and suffered with long term effects of phosgene. I'm lucky because my liver isn't so bad after a suicide attempt with chloroform and chloroform abuse before this.
With isopropanol I don't know, can be very disgusting with the symptoms you described if I survive but I think that, if work, will be a pacific death. I drank isopropanol before and I know is VERY downer, so if I die from isopropanol intoxication probably I'll be in coma before my body fight for life.
In theory it makes sense but I'm afraid. I took a lot of benzos with the amitriptyline but I was able to wake up and feel my body screaming, it doesn't worked. I become unconscious by huffing a lot of chloroform but I woke up hours later and became very sick for days.
To die from intoxication you need a fucking strong and trustworthy sedative to pass out before. Isopropanol seems to meet all requirements. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Thank's for reply. Well, first let me tell that any OD/poisoning is very uncomfortable, doesn't matter what substance. And in general is not a pacific death, and most of poisonings fail. I know that because I failed before with amitriptyline and chloroform. Unfortunately all methods (or almost all) can permanently damage you if don't work, in high or low level, is ever a risk.
This said, chloroform made me very sick. I had all the toxic information before, I know what could happen with me if I failed, and I did. But in my mind I was thinking "I will hate me even more if I failed but I don't think is a painful death because I will pass out". I did a lot of chloroform, doesn't died and suffered with long term effects of phosgene. I'm lucky because my liver isn't so bad after a suicide attempt with chloroform and chloroform abuse before this.
With isopropanol I don't know, can be very disgusting with the symptoms you described if I survive but I think that, if work, will be a pacific death. I drank isopropanol before and I know is VERY downer, so if I die from isopropanol intoxication probably I'll be in coma before my body fight for life.
In theory it makes sense but I'm afraid. I took a lot of benzos with the amitriptyline but I was able to wake up and feel my body screaming, it doesn't worked. I become unconscious by huffing a lot of chloroform but I woke up hours later and became very sick for days.
To die from intoxication you need a fucking strong and trustworthy sedative to pass out before. Isopropanol seems to meet all requirements. Thoughts?

I'm sorry that you failed with those drugs.

maybe you have a natural tolerance to sedative substances, such as alcohol and benzos. that would explain why you didn't pass out on the amitriptyline method. every body is different and some methods are more suitable for different people.

have you consider some of the other methods that get shared on this forum? sn and carbon monoxide may be better for you since they don't rely on depressants and in a way are still overdoses.

if i was in your shoes i wouldn't risk it with isopropanol, the choice is yours and maybe mixing it with a heavy dose of benzos would work, but it is still very risky since you treid amitriptyline with benzos and didn't pass out. also the damage to your liver if you fail can be very serious.