Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
disclaimer: not referring to everyone.

"suicide effects everyone" but if someone comes on that you dont agree with, you chase them off without even thinking about the outcome of what youre doing or even wanting to listen to the story that brought them here.

and another thing ive noticed is that you ask for help, you ask to be heard but one someone does and you hate them for it. i wouldnt want to help someone either if that was the way i got treated for it. if they dont understand, educate them. explain its not that simple. if they keep pushing that it is, then you have a point however until you actually talk to them about it you dont know their intentions.

you dont know anyones intentions or what is going on inside anyones head. its best to listen to the story before you dismiss it. you cant make an educated opinion without the education to support it. and you cant have the education to support it if you dont know all the details.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Nodscene, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
before you dismiss it. you cant make an educated opinion without the education to support it. and you cant have the education to support it if you dont know all the details.
Especially when some users are allowed to post unsubstantiated and unqualified medical opinions and their views on methods and their agonising side effects at will, and anyone who questions them gets a warning and all of their posts deleted.

That's dangerous because it creates a false and totally one sided discussion.

Some people here do not have peoples best interests at heart, no matter how much they protest to the opposite, like (was it) Jean4 - angel of the boards who was banned for all manner of dodgy doings?

There's another who go back and edit their previous posts to deny they said this or that, or just delete them when their obvious manipulations are pointed out.

And yet the mods seem to be in bed with her, metaphorically speaking.

Dangerous ground to tread.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768, it's_all_a_game, NightmareTour and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
like (was it) Jean4 - angel of the boards who was banned for all manner of dodgy doings?
i thought she committed? at least that was my understanding of everything ive read.

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
i thought she committed? at least that was my understanding of everything ive read.
I think she was banned for all manner of unsavoury goings on - unless I'm thinking of someone else. But there was one who was so super supportive, the mother of the boards who was actually taking morbid pleasure from being with people at the end, and I think, other off site activities.

• Wow
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Disco Biscuit
H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
I think she was banned for all manner of unsavoury goings on - unless I'm thinking of someone else. But there was one who was so super supportive, the mother of the boards who was actually taking morbid pleasure from being with people at the end, and I think, other off site activities.
Now that's creepy

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and Endeavour
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
And yet the mods seem to be in bed with her, metaphorically speaking

We're not in bed with anyone. There are things happening behind the curtain. People always seem to think we ignore inappropiate behavior just becaue we don't immediately swing the ban hammer, I guess? I promise that's not true though.

Reactions: alice-in-wonderland, it's_all_a_game, NightmareTour and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Now that's creepy
and i think you missed the one that had most of this place bowing at their knees while she bullied people for no reason and called them names only making them feel worse when apparently they dont have enough problems.

Reactions: Endeavour
H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
We're not in bed with anyone. There are things happening behind the curtain. People always seem to think we ignore inappropiate behavior just becaue we don't immediately swing the ban hammer, I guess? I promise that's not true though.
That's good to hear

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and Endeavour
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
Usually people with mental issues will be emotionally charged, bitter and only inclined to their own personal experiences. But I guess that's just humans in general.

Reactions: alice-in-wonderland, Hyperborean and Endeavour
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Now that's creepy
and i think you missed the one that had most of this place bowing at their knees while she bullied people for no reason and called them names only making them feel worse when apparently they dont have enough problems.

Reactions: Hyperborean and Endeavour
H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
I probably did miss that one

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Encouraging to know, some of the claims that have been made are questionable at best, and devious at worst.

We all want people to be safe, and that necessitates the truth, not wild speculations or spurious claims.

I can only imagine it's like a full time job trying to keep on top of it all.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and Hyperborean
H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
Usually people with mental issues will be emotionally charged, bitter and only inclined to their own personal experiences. But I guess that's just humans in general.
This is very true.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
agreed but if you are going to advertise this place as a safe community then it should be

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
I think I must have not seen that one either. Just what people here need.

Reactions: Hyperborean
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Some people are kinda like "Mama Bears". They care and they wants what's best for the community they love that they sometimes go overboard in that aspect without knowing it. Trying to please everyone, trying not to get on anyone's bad side, etc. This community is all they have sometimes and I'm sure they meant well. We care a lot about this community, we're trying to protect us from them (prolifers, Fthe26, etc.), but instead we end up castigating another person or turning against ourselves (infighting).

This community has people of diverse backgrounds and beginnings, not everything is going to appease anyone and we have to agree to disagree that when a topic is brought up, that we respond respectfully or don't participate in it at all. Just my two cents.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Deleted member 22624 and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
This community has people of diverse backgrounds and beginnings, not everything is going to appease anyone and we have to agree to disagree that when a topic is brought up, that we respond respectfully or don't participate in it at all. Just my two cents.
totally agree. the problem is not all members do this though

Reactions: Symbiote and Hyperborean
H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
Some people are kinda like "Mama Bears". They care and they wants what's best for the community they love that they sometimes go overboard in that aspect without knowing it. Trying to please everyone, trying not to get on anyone's bad side, etc. This community is all they have sometimes and I'm sure they meant well. We care a lot about this community, we're trying to protect us from them (prolifers, Fthe26, etc.), but instead we end up castigating another person or turning against ourselves (infighting).

You definitely can't please everyone here. Had some drama due to my no politics rule in my discord i set up for people to use. Heaven forbid i don't want people at each others throats

Reactions: Endeavour, Symbiote and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
i believe you, its just having to deal with the same things over and over again especially from the same people, it does look like you guys didnt even at least warn them that thats not nice

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
i believe you, its just having to deal with the same things over and over again especially from the same people, it does look like you guys didnt even at least warn them that thats not nice

I can't make further comments without a specific example. You don't know how we handle things internally and I don't believe we should justify and explain every single action or decision of staff. It's also worth to mention that not all reports contain rule violations, sometimes it's simply a difference in opinion or personal dislike for someone. And I'm kinda tired of these accusations. You don't believe me how often I stumble upon the claim that we don't do enough, we don't do anything or we do too much. We simply can't make it right, no matter what we do. That's a fact. And we're not biased either. We enforce the rules equally and I trust every single of my colleagues in that regard. We're loyal to the rules. We enforce them, regardless of the reputation or post count of the person that breaks them. And that's what we did in the past so I can't really understand these - mostly unfounded - accusations. As some of you already aknowledged, moderating the forum of this size is an enormous task and we don't see everything. So we rely on the help and support of the community and you can do that by reporting content that violates the rules and we will act accordingly. That's all I can say regarding this topic. We're really trying our best to keep the forum together.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Simba, Nodscene, alice-in-wonderland and 7 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I can't make further comments without a specific example. You don't know how we handle things internally and I don't believe we should justify and explain every single action or decision of staff. It's also worth to mention that not all reports contain rule violations, sometimes it's simply a difference in opinion or personal dislike for someone. And I'm kinda tired of these accusations. You don't believe me how often I stumble upon the claim that we don't do enough, we don't do anything or we do too much. We simply can't make it right, no matter what we do. That's a fact. And we're not biased either. I trust every single of my colleagues 100%. And I am loyal to the rules. I enforce them, regardless of the reputation or post count of the person that breaks them. And that's what we did in the past so I can't really understand these - mostly unfounded - accusations. As some of you already aknowledged, moderating the forum of this size is an enormous task and we don't see everything. So we rely on the help and support of the community and you can do that by reporting content that violatea the rules and we will act accordingly. That's all I can say regarding this topic. We're really trying our best to keep the forum together.
ill admit i could be reading the tone wrong but you seem one edge. i agreed with you im just saying from the outside when its the same people it doesnt look like anything's being done. ill also admit that maybe i didnt word the last part good enough for you to understand that it wasnt directed at anyone nor was it my personal opinion, just that i can see why some might think that.

H

Hyperborean

Dec 19, 2020
I can't make further comments without a specific example. You don't know how we handle things internally and I don't believe we should justify and explain every single action or decision of staff. It's also worth to mention that not all reports contain rule violations, sometimes it's simply a difference in opinion or personal dislike for someone. And I'm kinda tired of these accusations. You don't believe me how often I stumble upon the claim that we don't do enough, we don't do anything or we do too much. We simply can't make it right, no matter what we do. That's a fact. And we're not biased either. We enforce the rules equally and I trust every single of my colleagues in that regard. We're loyal to the rules. We enforce them, regardless of the reputation or post count of the person that breaks them. And that's what we did in the past so I can't really understand these - mostly unfounded - accusations. As some of you already aknowledged, moderating the forum of this size is an enormous task and we don't see everything. So we rely on the help and support of the community and you can do that by reporting content that violates the rules and we will act accordingly. That's all I can say regarding this topic. We're really trying our best to keep the forum together.
I'll back this up. When I used to admin battlefield 4 servers for a clan people would bitch and moan at the slightest thing. We could never do things right according to them. It burns you out.

• Love
Reactions: alice-in-wonderland, Frauw, RainAndSadness and 1 other person

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I'll back this up. When I used to admin battlefield 4 servers for a clan people would bitch and moan at the slightest thing. We could never do things right according to them. It burns you out.
Back in times when I used to admin CS 1.6 servers, making disrespectful statements about server admins oftentimes was a punishable offense.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Back in times when I used to admin CS 1.6 servers, making disrespectful statements about server admins oftentimes was a punishable offense.
if youre referring to comments that were said here, there was no disrespect towards the servers.
There's another who go back and edit their previous posts to deny they said this or that, or just delete them when their obvious manipulations are pointed out.

And yet the mods seem to be in bed with her, metaphorically speaking.
if this is what youre referring to, i dont see it. they were pointing out the way it looks, what would have been disrespectful would be if they said "if admin wasnt f'ing certain people..."

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
if youre referring to comments that were said here, there was no disrespect towards the servers.

if this is what youre referring to, i dont see it. they were pointing out the way it looks, what would have been disrespectful would be if they said "if admin wasnt f'ing certain people..."
No, that's not what I was referring to but I think I understand your concern, as insinuations are way too commonly used to defame others, probably because of their effectiveness coupled with low risk of getting punished in response (because proving malicious intent in subtle remarks can be quite difficult).

My comment was about how admins on some gaming servers are treated, and probably has nothing to do with the rest of the thread as I don't understand what it's all about. I'm getting the impression that the first two posts on this thread are referring to the particular forum users without giving out their names.

some users are allowed to post unsubstantiated and unqualified medical opinions and their views on methods and their agonising side effects at will, and anyone who questions them gets a warning and all of their posts deleted
This description, for example, looks detailed enough for me to narrow down the set of all forum users to very few that could possibly fit it. I'll try not to make any more conclusions than I already did until the sufficient level of clarity is brought up.

Reactions: Spitfire and Hyperborean
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Welcome to the internet.

Reactions: Symbiote, Hyperborean and RainAndSadness

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Welcome to the internet.
Such phrase is often used as a response to someone making a big deal out of something that is considered to be completely normal. It's not clear who you were responding to since you haven't specified that detail, but if you're responding to my assertion that insinuations (and generally, covert actions toward other people with malicious intent) are used all too common, then I want to point out that it's a thing outside of internet as well.

Open aggression is relatively easier draw out and bring to justice because it's more explicit. Direct words and mechanical injuries can be relatively easier used as a clear evidence of an attack. Covert aggression is harder to prove, it borders with free speech issues and issues with false accusations. It's usually easier to make a covert attack in response than to prove to the local authorities (judges, mods, admins) the malicious intent towards you in someone's message.

Result: people utilize covert aggression as means of self-defense (to discourage the percieved attack, and to force the percieved attacker to back down), and if it doesn't work, then such people might end up continuously throwing jabs at each other. You might even see that happening on this forum. People shitting at each other before one of the party exits, before the posts (or the thread itself) get locked and/or deleted.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Life_and_Death
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
As has been previously stated, when you are the mod of a forum you can't win no matter what you do.

I also understand the frustrations of forum members when they think the mods aren't doing too much or not enough. It would probably help if you could see behind the curtain so to speak but I think overall the mods are doing an excellent job.

If you have a specific issue make sure to bring it to a mods attention if you didn't already. Sometimes they miss things and sometimes there are reasons for their actions.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020

To be fair though in some Valve games, especially Source games like Gmod, the server admins themselves could be disrespectful and abusive in some communities (DarkRP), and never followed their own rules.

Apologies if this response is off-topic.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
To be fair though in some Valve games, especially Source games like Gmod, the server admins themselves could be disrespectful and abusive in some communities (DarkRP), and never followed their own rules.

Apologies if this response is off-topic.
Oh yes, indeed. Too often I ended up at the recieving end of a banhammer because admins suspected foul play when none were at play, and sometimes they just didn't enjoy dying too much.
On the bright side, the sheer abundance of servers was allowing for a nomadic playstyle. Wandering from a server to server.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Hyperborean