• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dmdmdm

dmdmdm

Student
Sep 20, 2023
If somebody covered your you nose and mouth while you were asleep, would you wake up and fight against it, or just die sleeping mindlessly?

What if I fell asleep with a plastic bag around my head that's sitting very loosely and used a self-build mechanical device that would tighten up the bag over time until it eventually restrained oxygen flow completely, all while I am asleep. Does that sound do-able?

L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
I've fallen asleep and woken up by my throat relaxing and blocking my airway and it's terrifying. Gasping for air while panicking. It would be the same thing if someone covered your mouth. Once that air stops, your body's knows about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmdmdm
K

kikewolf900

Banned
Jun 14, 2024
Ye that's what I'm gonna do, if you manage to not rip the bag there's no way you don't die

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Is there any way to completely enclose yourself in a plastic bubble and the oxygen would be slowly replaced with CO2. Think that's some way possible?

dmdmdm

dmdmdm

Student
Sep 20, 2023
Is there any way to completely enclose yourself in a plastic bubble and the oxygen would be slowly replaced with CO2. Think that's some way possible?
I'd think so. If one cuts off oxygen supply, at some point all the O2 will be converted into CO2, it's just about If and how quickly you would wake up

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
No, your brain will automatically wake up and make you try to rip the bag off. And if you don't manage to rip it off then you will suffocate slowly and it will feel horrible for up to 10 minutes. That method is very similar to simple drowning.