forum user JJ 23/34

forum user JJ 23/34

defunct account, working on recovery
Jun 22, 2023
Grown up around high achieving Asian folk.
Life time of mental health issues - leading to finding friends with mental health
Suicidal thoughts since childhood - bunch of other stuff.
My pysch saying its all cos of family fuck that they treated me as well as any Asian boy is.
My whole life I've never self harmed or anything.
Although it was a facade, was on track team, head boy, got into global top 5 uni (Oxford +) , doing OK.
Now I have nothing, raised the grade boundaries, meaning I might go to terrible uni.
Wanted to be the one who made it despite mental health.
Now seriously considering ending it all.
Anyone seeking to convince me not to CTB is appreciated.

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
If you like most people, prefer to become really rich over doing really well at school, then University is almost meaningless. Many went to lower tier school and done really well financially down the road. There are those too who reached high academic accolades, but then get nowhere. But I can understand from my Asian friends, that you brought to a culture where they put a lot of pressure on you including academics to perform. But on the other side, you get to be at a university where you don't have to work so hard, so you can spend some time to relax and enjoy more, while being able to also see the big picture better, which can serve you well at making money down the road. That just my veteran experience talk.

Hope this helps you

Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori