H

Hunter2005

Experienced
Apr 15, 2023
There some stupid theory I came across online that people choose their life and their parents. They also claim whatever I do in the past life may come back to haunt us in this life.

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
There some stupid theory I came across online that people choose their life and their parents. They also claim whatever I do in the past life may come back to haunt us in this life.
I've heard this theory too. Well I must've done something bad in my past life to have Asperger's in this life then…

Reactions: Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Yes, I am trying to find out what options are available and the procedure for reincarnation, if any. I want to be prepared, but I still haven't any clue.

Reactions: sserafim
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Whoa, so there are people out there who say that people willingly choose to live a life of misery? Dang imagine choosing to be sad. /s

I can usually see most theories of life and religions and whatever other philosophies as being at least tangible, but I am failing to see how this could even have the most remote possibility. For the record I'm talking about choosing your life, parents, etc. not reincarnation and past lives. That at least, I can kind of see being plausible even if I don't believe it myself. I feel like if you did actually have a choice you'd know it and likely not choose a life of pain.

Reactions: Hunter2005, Homo erectus and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Whoa, so there are people out there who say that people willingly choose to live a life of misery? Dang imagine choosing to be sad. /s

I can usually see most theories of life and religions and whatever other philosophies as being at least tangible, but I am failing to see how this could even have the most remote possibility. For the record I'm talking about choosing your life, parents, etc. not reincarnation and past lives. That at least, I can kind of see being plausible even if I don't believe it myself. I feel like if you did actually have a choice you'd know it and likely not choose a life of pain.
Lmao I know right, like imagine choosing to have Asperger's/autism…who tf would do that. If my soul chose to have it, then it's literally delusional and misguided lol. I heard that people are tricked into reincarnating, I think that they don't actually choose it themselves

Reactions: Homo erectus and dragonofenvy
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, that theory is stupid. Those who have awful situations wouldn't choose to suffer. I know I wouldn't choose existence

Reactions: Hunter2005, sserafim and Homo erectus
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, that theory is stupid. Those who have awful situations wouldn't choose to suffer. I know I wouldn't choose existence
Maybe you were tricked into existence

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Lmao I know right, like imagine choosing to have Asperger's/autism…who tf would do that. If my soul chose to have it, then it's literally delusional and misguided lol. I heard that people are tricked into reincarnating, I think that they don't actually choose it themselves
The problem is good and bad vary over time. In many religions, righteousness is rewarded with having many children for many generations to come. But many generations later, overpopulation might have become a problem. It seems hard to believe if these traditional and religious ideas have stayed constant forever.

Reactions: sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Maybe you were tricked into existence
That's more plausible than me knowing everything about my life and voluntarily choosing to be here despite that. However, I still don't believe in these types of theories

Reactions: Hunter2005, Homo erectus and sserafim
Terry A. Davis

Terry A. Davis

Aug 28, 2023
I don't think we chose to live here. Unless of course the afterlife is so utterly horrifying that being on earth again is a better alternative. Hope not.

Reactions: Hunter2005 and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Maybe there's a distinct separation from how we perceive ourselves and our situations here on Earth and on the other side. Say you're writing up a character in a story, a lot of people like to make their character's story tragic - to either act as a catalyst or as a way for the character to progress. Not because they necessarily want to see them suffer, succeed or fail - but maybe out of genuine curiosity. Maybe Earth offers a more personal/immersive experience - you had setup certain plot points but the journey itself is left for you to explore and choose. You can also compare it to a video game - people like Red Dead Redemption and GTA which can be pretty difficult/gritty - the only difference is that there's a disconnect between the character's experience and the player/observer.
I guess my soul/higher self was young, dumb and stupid