Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
The part on SN starts at the 10:51 mark and they go into symptoms of SN poisoning at around the 13:50 minute mark.

Reactions: Jarni, losing hope, jessisme and 3 others
J

Jadzia

Name is from Star Trek. I'm not from E. Europe
May 8, 2019
Thanks. I'll listen to that later

Reactions: jessisme
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I've listened to that segment of the podcast and it presents interesting information about SN poisoning as well as signs to look for (for medical personnel). I suppose the most important thing is to not be found long enough so that one doesn't fail and end up getting resuscitated. The antidote (Methylene blue) does seem to take time to work and has some limit before it becomes too toxic or detrimental towards a patient (I think 7mg/kg is the maximum limit according to the podcast), so if a patient has an SN concentration that far exceeds the amount of effectiveness that said antidote can work, perhaps even the antidote may not work?

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Jadzia
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I've listened to that segment of the podcast and it presents interesting information about SN poisoning as well as signs to look for (for medical personnel). I suppose the most important thing is to not be found long enough so that one doesn't fail and end up getting resuscitated. The antidote (Methylene blue) does seem to take time to work and has some limit before it becomes too toxic or detrimental towards a patient (I think 7mg/kg is the maximum limit according to the podcast), so if a patient has an SN concentration that far exceeds the amount of effectiveness that said antidote can work, perhaps even the antidote may not work?
It also mentions something about SN that a lot of people don't know or forget about which is that SN is a vasodilator. Vasodilators relax and dilate the smooth muscle in veins. Dilating veins will cause a huge drop in blood pressure and loss of consciousness, which is the main reason it gets a relatively high peacefulness rating in the pph.

• Informative
Reactions: Thisisme373, 👁️👃👁️, jessisme and 5 others
Justnotme

Justnotme

Mar 7, 2022
I don't have access to the site and I'm not an English speaking person :( can anyone please tell me if it says anything about pain? Is this observation of a live person who has taken nitrite?

Reactions: HelpMeOutpls
Pentobarbital_Plz

Pentobarbital_Plz

STOP HAVING KIDS!!!
Oct 28, 2022
I don't have access to the site and I'm not an English speaking person :( can anyone please tell me if it says anything about pain? Is this observation of a live person who has taken nitrite?
It is a medical description of the effects of SN, as well as its antidote. It is not observation of an individual case.

Reactions: Justnotme