BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Today has been one weird day for me. I woke up this morning to find my power wasn't working. Luckily, it came back on about an hour after I got up. Then I found a phone message from my niece whom I haven't spoken to in a long, long time. She said she wants to talk to me, but doesn't say why. I wrote another thread about that. I was writing a reply to someone who answered my thread when my sister-in-law called me wanting me to go with her & her 5 year old great-grandson for lunch & to watch him play in the park. I said my usual "no" and then she wanted me to go to her house tomorrow for Thanksgiving. I said "no" again & she started asking me why, etc. I told her it was nothing personal to her or her family. She is one of the sweetest, most generous people I've ever met, but she doesn't understand my health issues- no matter how many times I explain it to her. She had me on speakerphone in her car, which I didn't realise until her great-grandson started trying to talk to me. She told me she'd call me later & that I need to go to her house so her that her great-grandson's mother can help me find new health insurance for next year. I plan on being gone by January 4th, so I don't care about health insurance.
I was already feeling more upset than usual because of the stupid holiday tomorrow. All of this other stuff has made it worse. I've been pacing the floor for hours and talking to myself, or rather ranting to myself. I've been crying non-stop and I can't seem to calm down now. These are the times when I wish I had been able to ctb before the holidays. :ohhhh:

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Woodnote, piupianissimo, Moonicide and 2 others
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I'm feeling better now. I took a shower, had a little dinner, and watched a funny movie while I had a couple of drinks. I'm not drunk, but fairly buzzed & feeling calmer.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, noctiva, Moonicide and 1 other person
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Well, I survived the Thanksgiving weekend. My sister-in-law is still driving me crazy though. I'm sure people on here are sick of my complaining about her, but I can't help it because she won't leave me in peace. She came over to my house uninvited on Thanksgiving afternoon and brought food, even though I had told her I didn't want or need anymore food. It disrupted my entire plan for the day.
Then she insisted that I go with her to get a blood test for my thyroid done on Friday morning. I didn't want to go as usual, but I went mainly to get it done with and so she can't keep using it as an excuse to attempt to make me to go out with her. I wouldn't mind as much if she would tell me everything, but she makes it sound like she'll take me directly somewhere and then right back home. Then we end up making several stops that I wasn't aware of before I agreed to go. Or, she will have people with her in the car, but make it seem like it's just going to be me and her.
Then she texted me last night wanting me to go with her to her friend's house that is a 1 and 1/2 to 2 hour drive away. That's 3-4 hours just to get there and back, not counting the time we spend with her friend. That would put me in bed and make me more sick and exhausted than normal for the rest of the week. I texted her back and told her I can't go this week.
I think one thing that's going on is she's in her 70s and many of her friends are sick, have had to move in with family members or a health care facility due to illness, or are dead. She likes to run around and she doesn't like being stuck in the house, so she keeps looking to me as someone to replace people she used to go everywhere with. She won't accept that, even though I'm more than 20 years younger than her, I'm still too sick to go out. She keeps bringing up my age, like that matters. Like because I'm so much younger than her, I can't possibly be that sick. I feel bad for her, but even when I felt well, I was a homebody. I like to stay home. When I was somewhat healthy, I would still only go out and get what I needed, then come straight back home. I've never enjoyed just going out and driving around aimlessly all day the way she does. I just keep telling myself it's almost over. We just have Christmas, my wedding anniversary, and New Year to get through.

• Hugs
Reactions: notjustyetagain and Woodnote
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
In laws are a nuisance that drag one by the arm to do idiotic things if you let them. It's pretty universal. I never forget the one time I was dragged into a small and busy shop with blaring music. Oh and walks. Some people actually enjoy walking among tourists.

Anybody who seeks petty activities to fill a void should be hanged by the neck until dead.

Reactions: BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
In laws are a nuisance that drag one by the arm to do idiotic things if you let them. It's pretty universal. I never forget the one time I was dragged into a small and busy shop with blaring music. Oh and walks. Some people actually enjoy walking among tourists.

Anybody who seeks petty activities to fill a void should be hanged by the neck until dead.
Your post made me laugh. :pfff:
Blaring music, I definitely wouldn't enjoy that!

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni