• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

Blackroom_57

Student
Dec 25, 2021
Is it ok to store sodium nitrite in one of those orange pill containers? Should be somewhat airtight right and the sn shouldn't expire.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Is there anything wrong with the container it came in?

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
As soon as you open the container it comes in it is exposed to air and starts to convert to sodium nitrate, which is not nearly as lethal, at least from what I have read- it takes a few months to convert half of it 9the half life), from what I have read. It is a bad idea to open the container it came it until it is getting close to the time you use it. Hopefully people who know chemicals better can comment further, but I remember reading an article that said something like this. It is a bad idea to repack it, once it is exposed to air the process starts, somewhat airtight really isn't good enough until it is for maybe a few days.

B

Blackroom_57

Student
Dec 25, 2021
Nothing it's just that I can keep exactly 25 grams in a pill container so that I don't have to measure it when I decide to use it.
As soon as you open the container it comes in it is exposed to air and starts to convert to sodium nitrate, which is not nearly as lethal, at least from what I have read- it takes a few months to convert half of it 9the half life), from what I have read. It is a bad idea to open the container it came it until it is getting close to the time you use it. Hopefully people who know chemicals better can comment further, but I remember reading an article that said something like this. It is a bad idea to repack it, once it is exposed to air the process starts, somewhat airtight really isn't good enough until it is for maybe a few days.
How does this make sense? There's oxygen in every bag/bottle of sodium nitrite unless you've vacuum sealed it so wouldn't it slowly oxidize regardless of what you keep it in?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Nothing it's just that I can keep exactly 25 grams in a pill container so that I don't have to measure it when I decide to use it.
Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a reason you can't just measure out 25g at the time you decide to ctb? 😕

B

Blackroom_57

Student
Dec 25, 2021
Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a reason you can't just measure out 25g at the time you decide to ctb? 😕
I could but I feel like having to go through that process would make me less likely to do it. Having it pre measure makes thing way easier and faster.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I could but I feel like having to go through that process would make me less likely to do it. Having it pre measure makes thing way easier and faster.
IC. I guess you have to do what works for you. I think it will deteriorate at an accelerated rate if removed from it's original packaging and exposed to air.

Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
From what I've read is it takes YEARS not months for Sodium Nitrite to "go bad". My SN is in the original packaging, and there is air in the package of both of my sources, and the shelf life for my 2lb bottle is at least 3 years. Don't sweat the small stuff, as long as it's kept dry and you aren't leaving scattered about on your countertop it should be fine. If you feel like putting it in your pill bottle, go ahead.

• Informative
Reactions: Sick of it all
B

Blackroom_57

Student
Dec 25, 2021
From what I've read is it takes YEARS not months for Sodium Nitrite to "go bad". My SN is in the original packaging, and there is air in the package of both of my sources, and the shelf life for my 2lb bottle is at least 3 years. Don't sweat the small stuff, as long as it's kept dry and you aren't leaving scattered about on your countertop it should be fine. If you feel like putting it in your pill bottle, go ahead.
Yeah I thought it took awhile for sodium nitrite to start to degrade. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Sick of it all
S

Stargazer100

Student
May 25, 2021
yes there is: 1. I would like to divide the SN over two containers and only have one at the moment. 2. I would like to dispose of the original container to not leave any hints as to where I acquired the SN.
Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a reason you can't just measure out 25g at the time you decide to ctb?
If you attempt fails they found you near your remaining SN and you lose it all. And they would have heir hands on the original packaging and might figure out where you acquired it. Better to swap containers ahead of time.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
yes there is: 1. I would like to divide the SN over two containers and only have one at the moment. 2. I would like to dispose of the original container to not leave any hints as to where I acquired the SN.

If you attempt fails they found you near your remaining SN and you lose it all. And they would have heir hands on the original packaging and might figure out where you acquired it. Better to swap containers ahead of time.
Very legit reasons. So, I'm assuming that your container of SN is a printed bag of some type. It seems if it were a plastic bottle that you would easily be able to remove any labels. When the SN is packaged, I'm pretty darn sure that any air (O2) is removed from the packaging before sealing it. I'm not sure how you could reproduce that. I'd recommend using some type of vacuum sealer system and transfer your SN to that type of "container". I understand it isn't really a container, per say, like a medicine bottle or something, but I see no real way to remove the air from something like that. You'd have to make something like little meth or coke packets or something. Still, I would expect the shelf life of the SN to be drastically reduced no matter how you try and protect it.

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Is it ok to store sodium nitrite in one of those orange pill containers? Should be somewhat airtight right and the sn shouldn't expire.
I wouldn't even trust a ziploc to be air tight. It will turn into useless nitrate?

My vitamins bottles are not sealed, and so much air inside

S

Stargazer100

Student
May 25, 2021
I didn't think air in the container is an issue, as long as there is no ventilation and certainly no moisture or condensation. So what I am looking for is an airtight container and maybe some additional trick to remove moisture from the air before sealing it. I also would not trust any kind of zipper bag, it can get punctured too easily, and the zipper could come loose or air could leak around it. There has to be a great deal of resources out there to store stuff like sodium nitrite, it should be easy, but it takes some know how.