T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Sorry because I made venting another thread recently about how stupid I feel. But I'm thinking about not going to therapy anymore because I think I'm wastingmy money and time. One hour a week while I spent here more than 21 hours per week and feel better here than there. It just doesn't help me and I'm feeling more suicidal as my birthday gets closer. Thing is my parents are forcing me to go (Yes I'm 26 and i'm still controled by my parents which makes me feel more suicidal) I hate this life. There's a Starbucks near where I go to therapy so I think I'll spend an hour there pretending I'm in therapy. I feel better drinking coffee and listening to music. I can't believe I'm going though this everyday is an agony.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: JustHeckinKillMe, mesohappy, Nem and 2 others
PoisonedJuliet

PoisonedJuliet

You saucy boy!
Feb 12, 2020
Sometimes therapy just doesn't work for people. If you haven't looked for another therapist I would suggest trying just because there are better therapists than others. I say do things that make you feel better. Feel less suicidal. For me it's talking to everyone here and dancing and singing and playing the piano. Do what helps your suffering and if that isn't therapy then it isn't therapy

Reactions: autumnal, mesohappy, akrasia and 1 other person
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Many a good coffee prevents a bad therapy session.

( Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, Act 2, scene 5)

Reactions: HadEnough1974
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Sometimes therapy just doesn't work for people. If you haven't looked for another therapist I would suggest trying just because there are better therapists than others. I say do things that make you feel better. Feel less suicidal. For me it's talking to everyone here and dancing and singing and playing the piano. Do what helps your suffering and if that isn't therapy then it isn't therapy
I have a permanent injury a chronic pain. My problem is physical. Therapy won't help me. It won't solvemy problem. That's why I don't want to go. Yes this affected my mental health because I feel frustrated when there's something I can't solve. The idea of living with something you don't want for the rest of my life makes me want to ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00
PoisonedJuliet

PoisonedJuliet

You saucy boy!
Feb 12, 2020
I have a permanent injury a chronic pain. My problem is physical. Therapy won't help me. It won't solvemy problem. That's why I don't want to go.
Ohh okay. Are you in physical therapy? What kind of physical pain do you have? Stretching sometimes helps my physical pain

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Ohh okay. Are you in physical therapy? What kind of physical pain do you have? Stretching sometimes helps my physical pain
No. Psychological therapy because my parents know about my ctb thoughts. I exercise everyday but it's the same. Doesn't help. BACK PAIN. Last resonance shows everything was ok which made me feel more suicidal. I've been through a lot last years. Bad luck, surgery didnt work. Whenever I hear the word "hospital" or "doctor" Iwant to kill myself.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nem, TAW122 and Quarky00
PoisonedJuliet

PoisonedJuliet

You saucy boy!
Feb 12, 2020
No. Psychological therapy because my parents know about my ctb thoughts. I exercise everyday but it's the same. Doesn't help. BACK PAIN. Last resonance shows everything was ok which made me feel more suicidal.
You should tell your parents that this type of therapy isn't helping. (You've probably already done this but just Incase you haven't) seriously think about physical therapy for the physical pain. Messages can also help. You might have somatic symptom disorder which is just random chronic pain without a specific source. I suffer from back knee leg and hip pain so I get it. A chiropractor could also help. Sorry if none of this is useful. I'm just trying to help

• Love
Reactions: Nem
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
I'd rather waste the money on delicious food and some videogames. It's much more efficient.

Reactions: TAW122 and PoisonedJuliet
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Whenever I hear the word "hospital" or "doctor" Iwant to kill myself.
Why?

I know it's a silly question , I'm annoying , you've explained the injury . But is it because hospital means pain , or what ? Just curious sorry , I know it's private .. :hug:

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I agree with your sentiments and I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain and suffering a lot. :aw::hug: As for your second to last sentence, yes I agree with you, coffee and listening to music also helped me more than therapy has.

Reactions: mesohappy and Quarky00
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Btw I totally agree , I'm embarrassed to say how much I spent on therapy in the past , including some very pathetic therapists .

As I mentioned many times therapy would help many if it was professional , following vigorously the science behind it . Sadly most therapists are incompetent . It's not about providing emotional support or intimacy or guidance or insights . It's about fundamentally changing people's state of mind and lives , from within , which does not happen ! With proper therapy each session is a revolution .

There's a Starbucks near where I go to therapy so I think I'll spend an hour there pretending I'm in therapy. I feel better drinking coffee and listening to music.
I totally support that :hug:

Reactions: mesohappy
Proto

Proto

Student
Jan 21, 2020
I guess it's better than nothing at least i don't have to pay for it, my insurance covers it.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
And all this because my SN bags were found and they knew about my ctb intentions. If it hadn't been found I would be probably dead by now or at peace knowing my chosen way out is at home. But I'm planning better although I'm losing my mind everyday. I can't look at myself in the mirror or take selfies. When I go to the kitchen I take a knife and put it on my neck just to feel it (I take a sharp one). I take subway when I go to work and every tine I'm I think of jumping to it. When I enter a room I observe where I can hang myself and try to think how I do it. I think about suicide all the time. I feel hopeless I can't escape this situation. Going to bed and knowing I have another day ahead makes me sick. Everyday I'm worse.
Why?

I know it's a silly question , I'm annoying , you've explained the injury . But is it because hospital means pain , or what ? Just curious sorry , I know it's private .. :hug:
I had too many bad experiences with doctors that I developed some kind of hate towards them. All was waste of time and money. Surgery was risky but didn't work. Now I wish I died during that surgery it would have avoided all this.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Quarky00 and Nem
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
No. Psychological therapy because my parents know about my ctb thoughts. I exercise everyday but it's the same. Doesn't help. BACK PAIN. Last resonance shows everything was ok which made me feel more suicidal. I've been through a lot last years. Bad luck, surgery didnt work. Whenever I hear the word "hospital" or "doctor" Iwant to kill myself.
...SAME on that last bit. I'm sorry disability, etc, has left yr parents with this much control in your life. Getting away from therapeutic BS sounds like a good move towards whatever's next. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Nem and TimeToBiteTheDust
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
My sympathies. I have a complete shit therapist as well, rather climb into a wood chipper than see them. Waste of time money and gas❤️
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dear Flabby and TimeToBiteTheDust
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Is there a pain management clinic anywhere near you? They can combine psych services along with physicians to help combat pain. There was one where I used to live that had a very good reputation. That could satisfy your parents and perhaps also help with your frustrations.

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Is there a pain management clinic anywhere near you? They can combine psych services along with physicians to help combat pain. There was one where I used to live that had a very good reputation. That could satisfy your parents and perhaps also help with your frustrations.
I tried eveeything I could. Now I'm tired and I gave up. I have only 2 options: cope or ctb. Last one sounds good I don't want feel useless anymore so I will give some to work the morgue guy. I had many projects in my life. All ruined by this. I'm quiting university because I will kill myself.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Quarky00