• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PlasticFace

PlasticFace

My story is in my about me, if you'd like to know.
Feb 16, 2023
I've cut myself ever since I was a kid without problems but I accidentally cut too deep about two hours ago and It's still bleeding, I put gauze on it after I realized how deep it was and it keeps soaking through it in around 8 minutes. It's right around my collarbone which is where I've been cutting recently but I started a new area tonight. I got a graft taken from here so I didn't realize how thin the skin would be. I kinda sawed through the skin, like always but then it felt different I guess I don't know how to explain it but it was an immediate numbness. I made a thread a bit ago, making a big deal about living long enough to finish off some goals but now I'm just lightheaded and feel stupid. I put some liquid bandage on it but it didn't work because it was too wet with blood to make the adhesive stick. I'm not worried enough to call for help but does anybody have tips on what I can do to make this stop dripping? The collar of my favorite sweater got stained with blood :[

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Remeer, Walpurgisnacht, RW__Asher23 and 1 other person
9thFloorAngel

9thFloorAngel

Just Gotta Let Go...
Mar 2, 2023
Pack the wound with gauze, sustained pressure, try to keep it clean. If it keeps bleeding, you're probably going to need stitches. You mentioned feeling lightheaded, you might want to get some fluids if you can. I don't know how much you're bleeding but if you begin to to feel worse such as increased heart rate/breathing, paleness, get help.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: 5417807, thankyou, LocalMistake and 3 others
Avalanche81

Avalanche81

"'I'd rather burn out than fade away" Kurt Cobain
Feb 2, 2022
Not sure where you live but if your near an urgent care best get the help.

Especially if your not ready to go.

qwerty1969

qwerty1969

Feb 24, 2023
Just apply constant pressure to the wound

Reactions: Avalanche81
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
@PlasticFace, how are things going today? I hope you are okay ❤

• Hugs
Reactions: Remeer and PlasticFace
PlasticFace

PlasticFace

Feb 16, 2023
@PlasticFace, how are things going today? I hope you are okay ❤
I'm doing better today, thank you for asking! The bleeding eventually stopped and I got some rest. It's still pretty open but I've been bandaging it. I was definitely panicking when I made the original post lol, but I'm alright now :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TapeMachine, LateForTheBus, 710 and 2 others
FlameWhisperer

FlameWhisperer

Sigma Wolf
Feb 21, 2023
I'm doing better today, thank you for asking! The bleeding eventually stopped and I got some rest. It's still pretty open but I've been bandaging it. I was definitely panicking when I made the original post lol, but I'm alright now :)
You may end up with a big scar there, if you opened a large space in between your skin.

I arrived late to the "party" so I couldn't advice you on what to do with your open wound, but now I can with the aftermath.

If you opened a space in between your skin, it means it needed approximation stitches that it didn't had, for that reason, the skin will naturally grow around it and create more skin to cover up that gap. Something like this stays (after a few years, probably around 2-3 years), it will create a "bump" in your skin:

IMG 20230314 010906
If your wound is anything like this open space, don't use anything other than water or saline solution, iodopovodone and close the wound with a band aid of sorts, I don't know the proper name of the bandages itself in English, but it's like this square pieces of cotton and adhesive for wounds. Repeat every 1-2 days, extend to 3-4 days if you see the wound is closing nicely, no infection, not swollen and/or lot stingy... That's it, if you do it properly, and don't forget to change the bandages, you are fine.

Trust me, you do not want to get one of these infected, they are a pain in the ass to treat, and you'd definitely have to go to the hospital for antibiotics prescription.

If it's not such a wide space, regardless, disinfect it regularly and check on it, to make sure everything's okay.

I hope you get well soon enough, though.

• Love
Reactions: TapeMachine
Remeer

Remeer

-
Mar 8, 2023
My God, how horrible, how are you? Have you tried to change that habit of cutting yourself? That is very dangerous, you could do irreparable damage because of what you are saying, if you can get help then better, it is not something simple from what I know and at least I do not understand it, because I love my body and it would be good if you start loving your body
I know this is the suicide discussion forum and my answer may not make sense here, but destroying your body will only make life more difficult, just like those who survive with the aftermath of suicide

PlasticFace

PlasticFace

Feb 16, 2023
You may end up with a big scar there, if you opened a large space in between your skin.

I arrived late to the "party" so I couldn't advice you on what to do with your open wound, but now I can with the aftermath.

If you opened a space in between your skin, it means it needed approximation stitches that it didn't had, for that reason, the skin will naturally grow around it and create more skin to cover up that gap. Something like this stays (after a few years, probably around 2-3 years), it will create a "bump" in your skin:

View attachment 106194
If your wound is anything like this open space, don't use anything other than water or saline solution, iodopovodone and close the wound with a band aid of sorts, I don't know the proper name of the bandages itself in English, but it's like this square pieces of cotton and adhesive for wounds. Repeat every 1-2 days, extend to 3-4 days if you see the wound is closing nicely, no infection, not swollen and/or lot stingy... That's it, if you do it properly, and don't forget to change the bandages, you are fine.

Trust me, you do not want to get one of these infected, they are a pain in the ass to treat, and you'd definitely have to go to the hospital for antibiotics prescription.

If it's not such a wide space, regardless, disinfect it regularly and check on it, to make sure everything's okay.

I hope you get well soon enough, though.
Thank you! I've done minor stitches on myself numerous times so I might do that later tonight because it keeps getting tugged by the cotton. My body is riddled with scars and I've cut this deep before, the only issue was that this specific area has already been thinned out because my surgeon used this skin for my reconstruction surgeries. I do have those bandages and that's what I've been using, though I might have to buy more soon as I'm already running low lol
My God, how horrible, how are you? Have you tried to change that habit of cutting yourself? That is very dangerous, you could do irreparable damage because of what you are saying, if you can get help then better, it is not something simple from what I know and at least I do not understand it, because I love my body and it would be good if you start loving your body
I know this is the suicide discussion forum and my answer may not make sense here, but destroying your body will only make life more difficult, just like those who survive with the aftermath of suicide
Honestly, I'd rather self-mutilate than CTB right now so no, I haven't tried to change this habit and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon. You can love your body and still cut. It has nothing to do with self-esteem. It's a way to let off steam, and if you're okay with the scarring, I don't see a problem with it. Also, my first sentence in the original post was that I've cut since I was a kid, so I don't see why you'd assume that I've tried to change this habit. You don't have to cut, nobody is making you cut, and nobody is making me cut either. I do it to myself and I am just fine with that👍

Last edited:
Reactions: peachieu and TapeMachine
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
@PlasticFace, I'm so glad to hear that you feel more at ease now. FlameWhisperer gave some really good tips/advice for wound care. Also, please be gentle with yourself; we need you to stick around, atleast until you're truly ready to head out. 😌

• Hugs
Reactions: PlasticFace
U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
Honestly, I'd rather self-mutilate than CTB right now so no, I haven't tried to change this habit and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon.
I understand where you are coming from as I've been in the same boat. I don't want to encourage sh but I will say that when I was in this situation, harm reduction was the most important thing. So yeah, if you are planning on continuing cutting, knowing how to properly assess and take care of a wound can take you a long way in terms of safety. Again, I don't want to encourage a habit that can potentially make things worse but I know that some people are just trying to survive and are coping how they can.

Maybe you already have thought about these things so just disregard that advice if this is the case but I thought I'd leave my opinion on the topic. Hope you're doing okay as you can be with everything.