BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
The beautiful people are just adding to my suicidality, especially the way they act so disingenous about it, when they post obviously attractive pictures of themselves. Makes me wanna puke tbh.

• Hugs
Reactions: nohopeinmyheart, Élégie, LONE WOLF. and 10 others
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Yes, seeing photos of Kourtney Kardashian making out with her ugly bf or flaunting her awesome closet makes me want to croak. Seeing people really living in the 'now' excited for the future and looking hot is so disgusting.

With everything going on in the world that's shitty and scary (wars...famine...abuse) I think it's really distasteful to show off one's awesome shit.

I'm really glad I don't have Facebook anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, ncmxm, AtMostOkay and 6 others
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
I think I already said it at the time, but of the few things that I regret having eliminated in my first attempt were social networks. Then I relapsed with twitter but only to follow the things that interest me. If you think that social networks make you feel bad, it is better to leave them aside.
I add that practically everyone only puts their triumphant / happy sides of their life there, even some who are really bad seem like other people there.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Fuck influencers, fuck celebrities, fuck all plastic idiots.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Journeytoletgo, LONE WOLF. and 8 others
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
The beautiful people are just adding to my suicidality, especially the way they act so disingenous about it, when they post obviously attractive pictures of themselves. Makes me wanna puke tbh.
I feel ya. Can't even watch tv like a normal person anymore. Too many young, beautiful, smart, successful people there.

Reactions: Élégie, celan, stutter and 3 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Social media has turned us into monsters. The exterior beauty can't hide the interior ugliness of it all

Reactions: Élégie, celan, prettyinprozac and 6 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Most of us are able to get through each day without getting the continual affirmation of complete strangers on the internet. They are likely more fragile than those visiting this site.

Reactions: nohopeinmyheart, Élégie, OpheliasFlowers and 4 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yep, those people are trashy and tacky. I try to avoid cunts like that.

Reactions: nohopeinmyheart, Élégie, LONE WOLF. and 3 others
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
If you makes you feel any better, a majority of those "good-looking" people aren't good looking. Just filters and make-up.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, GenesAndEnvironment, Lostandlooking and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have a strong dislike towards those social media sites and I always stay far away from it. It does not interest me in any way. I do understand how it can make people feel inferior as it can make us aware of our own flaws. By seeing what others appear to have, we are more aware of what we lack. It can be painful, I understand that. I believe that a lot of it is fake though, and pictures do not often reflect what reality is like.

Reactions: nohopeinmyheart, hʚll, OnlyTheWind and 1 other person
P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
The only reason I go on is to make people aware of the dystopian freakshow, tidal wave thats heading our way , and quickly.

Serf city baby!

Reactions: OnlyTheWind
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
If you makes you feel any better, a majority of those "good-looking" people aren't good looking. Just filters and make-up.
When I'm at the gym there are many women there that look extremely attractive until you actually look at their faces, then it's like "Whoah, wtf, get me out of here!". :pfff::pfff::pfff:

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I look at redpandas and other animals every hour. Fill your timeliness with real stuff. Mark hamills a good follow or comindians you like

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I have no problem with that. Let them enjoy themselves and flaunt their lives. Why shouldn't they? They are free to do whatever they please just as we all are, as long as we don't harm anyone. I don't consider posting "beautiful" pictures as harmful. It's not like they show dead kittens and traumatise their followers.

Live and let live! Or, as I like to think: Die and let live.

(Greetings from an invalid who has no Instagram/Facebook/Tik tok etc)

• Hugs
Reactions: Fluke, Journeytoletgo, WaaaghEnjoyer and 3 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I don't consider posting "beautiful" pictures as harmful. It's not like they show dead kittens and traumatise their followers.
Is the effect on the proportion of viewers that will get triggered what matters? In that case the beautiful pictures are more harmful than the gore (teens getting anorexia from social media, etc). When you base what is allowed or not on people's emotional reactions things can get dicey.

BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Is the effect on the proportion of viewers that will get triggered what matters? In that case the beautiful pictures are more harmful than the gore (teens getting anorexia from social media, etc). When you base what is allowed or not on people's emotional reactions things can get dicey.
I agree they can be very triggering for some people's depression.
When I'm at the gym there are many women there that look extremely attractive until you actually look at their faces, then it's like "Whoah, wtf, get me out of here!". :pfff::pfff::pfff:
Also cope :ahhha:

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Please don't take this as some attempt to make anyone feel better. It's just another viewpoint.
It wasn't long ago that a suntan was a sign that you worked outdoors, often poorly paid farm labour and so was percieved as ugly. Then it became fashionable, indicating affluence. Now it's considered an indicator of ignorance and vanity, knowing the associated dangers.
Similarly there was a time when fat, or at least "Rubenesque" figures were preferred as it implied you could afford food and didn't need to do much.
So what is "beautiful"?

blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
I often feel there's an unhealthy amount of narcissism behind people who flaunt their bodies in particular. It's as though their uploaded pictures are the 'standard' others should emulate and that anyone who wishes not to isn't worth acknowledgement.

Reactions: Élégie, Lost Magic and Kattt
Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★☆★ ☠️★☆★
Jul 4, 2021
A lot of those people are dealing with serious issues, just happen to be attractive.

They certainly all aren't happy.

Reactions: Élégie, Journeytoletgo, Fluke and 1 other person
D

doesntevenmatter

Aug 12, 2021
Like the user above me said, looks can be deceiving. A lot of people who flaunt on the internet are actually having a lot of issues. This is especially true when people flaunt their relationship online. A lot of times there are issues behind the scenes, just based off my own knowledge and experience.

Reactions: Élégie, Journeytoletgo and Fluke