obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
So in my patest posts I told you I started having physical and psychological addiction to benzo, clonazepam. I take around 10mg a day. Today I went to my therapist and she told me that if I continue this for like a year I can end up in full on detox. She completely removed clonazepam and gave me largactril (antipsychotic) to calm my physical symptoms. This is my last day of taking 10mg, and even tho I took it I think im already starting to feel anxious and lost all the good mood and motivation I had today.
I am having suicidal thoughts again, so idk if I can make it without clonazepam…
I am so done with this.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Gonnerr, cheese.out, avaruus and 1 other person
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
This is VERY dangerous physically and psychologically. If you were regularly on 10mg a day, you will have seizures and could die. You will get horrific withdrawal symptoms within the next day. Please contact your prescriber and get reinstated on the clonazepam now. This really isn't a peaceful or sensible way to attempt to kill yourself, if that's the intention.

• Informative
Reactions: ToxoGondii, TheGoodGuy and avaruus
ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Remember being able to move?
Jan 18, 2020
I was on them every day for 2 years and got off them in a week. It definitely depends on the person.

My strat was to reduce my dose every day by a 7th until I was done.

avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Yes, coming off from 10mg a day is a really really bad idea. Not to scare you or anything but it will be literal hell.
If you still have anyway to get more, get some and taper off slowly.
Reduce your dosage by 0.5 mg every other day.

obei

obei

Aug 4, 2023
This is VERY dangerous physically and psychologically. If you were regularly on 10mg a day, you will have seizures and could die. You will get horrific withdrawal symptoms within the next day. Please contact your prescriber and get reinstated on the clonazepam now. This really isn't a peaceful or sensible way to attempt to kill yourself, if that's the intention.
Holy shit im scared now 💀 I mean it wasnt my intention to ctb this way but try to recover hehe but I mean I wont mind if I die lmaoo jkjk. I mean I still have some clonazepam here so maybe I can taper idk

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Holy shit im scared now 💀 I mean it wasnt my intention to ctb this way but try to recover hehe but I mean I wont mind if I die lmaoo jkjk. I mean I still have some clonazepam here so maybe I can taper idk
I'm really not one for scaring people as that's not my nature, but at this dose it isn't safe - no matter who you are… I'm presuming you've been on them for longer than a few months. Your therapist is talking bollocks frankly.

I wrote on one of your other posts about the Ashton Manual and a forum called Benzo Buddies. I'm not going to keep trying to convince you, as you can do your own research and ultimately it's your choice. I'm around if you want to DM.

Reactions: toofargone6969
obei

obei

Aug 4, 2023
I'm really not one for scaring people as that's not my nature, but at this dose it isn't safe - no matter who you are… I'm presuming you've been on them for longer than a few months. Your therapist is talking bollocks frankly.

I wrote on one of your other posts about the Ashton Manual and a forum called Benzo Buddies. I'm not going to keep trying to convince you, as you can do your own research and ultimately it's your choice. I'm around if you want to DM.

I sent you a DM :)

Reactions: Tesha
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
Please do NOT go cold turkey! I've read stories where people died of horrible benzo withdrawal.
I'm addicted to anti anxiety meds too, but I'm planning to take them until my ctbing though 😅

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
obei

obei

Aug 4, 2023
Please do NOT go cold turkey! I've read stories where people died of horrible benzo withdrawal.
I'm addicted to anti anxiety meds too, but I'm planning to take them until my ctbing though 😅
I havent been on 10mg for longer than a week. I have been on a bit longer than a month maybe 2 at most on bigger doses than 2mg. But I have been on 1 to 2 mg for the last 6 months. So would it be bad?

Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I havent been on 10mg for longer than a week. I have been on a bit longer than a month maybe 2 at most on bigger doses than 2mg. But I have been on 1 to 2 mg for the last 6 months. So would it be bad?
Well I would still go down gradually.. as someone here mentioned, 0.5 mg every other day (or better every third day)

Reactions: obei
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Skip first but if you don´t mind reading it

Doctors are so fucking stupid when it comes to many drugs I also got denied it a few years ago when I wanted to taper off I told the doctors you can die from withdrawals and the withdrawals are agonizing the first doctors denied both that you could die from withdrawals and withdrawals "aren´t that bad" and that was a doctor! the second said you couldn´t die from it but agreed that withdrawals are bad the third one gave me benzos so I started a taper from 3mg clonazepam.
I second this and these doctors are so incompetent that it could kill people and at the very least make them suffer immensely without any need my doctor got me on a 1+ year taper plan and I had barely no withdrawals for the most part. But doctors like I described or OP described are so freaking incompetent and no nothing about benzos you don´t stop someone abruptly like that.

obei

obei

Aug 4, 2023
Skip first but if you don´t mind reading it

Doctors are so fucking stupid when it comes to many drugs I also got denied it a few years ago when I wanted to taper off I told the doctors you can die from withdrawals and the withdrawals are agonizing the first doctors denied both that you could die from withdrawals and withdrawals "aren´t that bad" and that was a doctor! the second said you couldn´t die from it but agreed that withdrawals are bad the third one gave me benzos so I started a taper from 3mg clonazepam.

I second this and these doctors are so incompetent that it could kill people and at the very least make them suffer immensely without any need my doctor got me on a 1+ year taper plan and I had barely no withdrawals for the most part. But doctors like I described or OP described are so freaking incompetent and no nothing about benzos you don´t stop someone abruptly like that.
Can you read my response above where I said how much I used them (im too lazy to copy paste haha) and tell your opinion? Like would it be bad if I didnt use it for as long? Also today I used 5 in the morning 2 and in the afternoon 3 and I didnt feel anything almost :/ im so confused

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
@obei for some reason, I'm incompetent at opening your PM…. the standard protocol is any use above 4 weeks can cause withdrawal symptoms. The higher the dose, the worse the withdrawal symptoms. 10mg is an astronomical level, usually reserved for patients that have unstable epilepsy. I am angry at your prescriber….. and surprised you're still walking and talking and awake.

Because of the type of benzo clonazepam is and the limited size of the tablets available, a competent doctor should transfer you to different benzo, like diazepam, at an equivalent dose. This will allow you to taper slowly and safely. I took 4mg clonazepam a day - the equivalent dose of diazepam is 80mg.

Some people can get off 0.5mg fairly easily, most are likely to have uncomfortable, unbearable or life threatening withdrawal above that dose. So, if you've been on more than around 0.5mg a day for 4 weeks or more, please don't stop cold turkey Or over weeks. At 0.5mg, you're still looking at a good couple of months to transfer to a different type of benzo and then withdrawal taper.

• Informative
Reactions: TheGoodGuy
obei

obei

Aug 4, 2023
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Oh gosh :(
It can be done and you can do it. Plenty of people have and sadly plenty of people still need to. But it's not worth risking the withdrawals by doing it wrongly.

This is the one medication I am absolutely passionate about, there is so much misunderstanding by Doctors on this. I think someone else linked the Ashton manual in your other thread. It's worth your time to have a look and educate your prescriber with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: obei
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
@obei for some reason, I'm incompetent at opening your PM…. the standard protocol is any use above 4 weeks can cause withdrawal symptoms. The higher the dose, the worse the withdrawal symptoms. 10mg is an astronomical level, usually reserved for patients that have unstable epilepsy. I am angry at your prescriber….. and surprised you're still walking and talking and awake.

Because of the type of benzo clonazepam is and the limited size of the tablets available, a competent doctor should transfer you to different benzo, like diazepam, at an equivalent dose. This will allow you to taper slowly and safely. I took 4mg clonazepam a day - the equivalent dose of diazepam is 80mg.

Some people can get off 0.5mg fairly easily, most are likely to have uncomfortable, unbearable or life threatening withdrawal above that dose. So, if you've been on more than around 0.5mg a day for 4 weeks or more, please don't stop cold turkey Or over weeks. At 0.5mg, you're still looking at a good couple of months to transfer to a different type of benzo and then withdrawal taper.
This is good info. I was also put on diazepam because it´s longer lasting and easier to taper off because of it´s not so strong milligram wise I went from 3mg clonazepam to 30 diazepam which is the equivalent and went down from there it´s also nice diazepam start working after 5 minutes which is crazy fast.

Reactions: Tesha
E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
Shit 10mg a day.. I sometime takes 1mg and get a pretty nice kick from it.