• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Faith_No_more

Sep 30, 2023
Hello, I'm in a really bad mental space and I need help either accepting the gravity of the situation or knowing from someone else that hope might not be lost. I have recently received a continuing disability review, which I completed online. I have major gaps in my care and THC positive tests at hospitals. A lot of it was being in a toxic environment. Now that I left, Im under care of a psychiatrist again. But I'm afraid they will hold THC and gaps against me. Does anyone have knowledge to know what to expect? If it helps I've been hospitalized 3 times this year. Thanks for any answers, Faith.

Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
I'm not sure about the THC use, but the medical gaps can work against you depending on the occurrence and length of the medical gaps, whether the gaps resulted from issues beyond your control, the type of disability review you completed, and the care of your current practitioner.

First, was the continuing disability review a short form or long form? If it's a short form, then depending on the occurrence and length of the medical gaps and how long you have been working with the current psychiatrist, SSDI may or may not send you the long form disability review. If you completed the long-term disability review, the stakes could be much higher depending on the medical gaps and the current care you are receiving.

Second, when did the medical gaps occur and how long were they? If the medical gaps occurred in recent years, then SSDI could hold them against you unless you were experiencing issues beyond your control and if applicable, can provide evidence.

For the current psychiatrist, how long have you worked with them? The longer you see your practitioner about your disability, the more beneficial it would be for your review. If you have seen them for at least three (consecutive) months, you might have a fighting chance in passing.

Does the current psychiatrist know about your continuing disability review? Do they know about your medical gaps and what caused them? Are they willing to vouch for you regarding your disability, how it impedes your employment, and the issues about the medical gaps? Social Security will very likely need to contact the psychiatrist for more evidence to determine your review.

As for the three hospital stays, records of those hospital stays might work in your favor if they pertain to your disability. If so, it could be helpful to obtain copies of those hospital stay records and send them as evidence. Once you receive the hospital records, keep them and make extra copies for Social Security. Unfortunately, Social Security has a poor track record of receiving and processing paperwork for disability reviews.

I strongly suggest checking the Reviews portion of the Living on Disability section of The Sleepy Girl Guide to Social Security Disability website. The Reviews section is the starting point regarding continuing disability reviews. Although it can be overwhelming clicking through all the links and articles about this issue, the website offers an extensive amount of information about this topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshua9119
F

Faith_No_more

Sep 30, 2023
I have been seeing my new physchatrist for three months I think and I have the three hospitalizations.

Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
If your current psychiatrist visits have been three months in a row, then it looks like you might have a good foothold. Particularly if the psychiatrist has plenty of information about your disability and how it impedes your living and employment.

If your hospitalizations are relevant to your disability and you are planning on using the records as further evidence, check the records to make sure you aren't labeled as "non-compliant." Non-compliance to treatment will look bad for Social Security Disability. Same goes for the psychiatrist visits.