C

ceserasera

Dec 17, 2021
Today's my 21st Birthday. I've never felt that strongly either way about my own birthday, but at a certain point it became just an annual reminder of how nothing changes, of how stuck I feel. As a child you can't wait to grow up. But then you get there and suddenly you wish the clock would stop ticking because you're frozen. You're so eager to keep up when you're younger, but then you realise you've been left behind. Left behind, or fallen behind. The former suggests everyone has done it to you. The latter implies some responsibility on your part for not keeping up. I'd say it's a mixture of both.

I know my parents love me. I haven't always been sure. But now their love just hurts because it feels wasted on me. You can't say any of this stuff to people in person without sounding self pitying or somewhat depressed. I'm not depressed though. I'm just having a rude awakening, where I realise that after the innocence of childhood has worn off, the world no longer even pretends to care about you. I wish I cared enough for myself, but I just don't. People think getting dressed and washing yourself corresponds to caring for yourself, but that's not true. You do it because for as long as you're part of this society, you have to keep up appearances. And anyway, I realised a long time ago that it doesn't matter what I do. There's not enough space in the world for everyone to matter, so whether I get dressed or not, shower or not, cry or not, scream or not, it makes no difference to the world at all.

I thought about explaining my background, but what does it matter? I've spent too much time going round explaining myself to various people - family, friends, healthcare professionals, God (I don't know if I'm a believer but it feels wrong not to capitalise his/her name). I'm tired now. I feel as though all the answers I've been chasing are attempts to get away from the fact that this is just the way I am, and I'm not made for the world . Everything hurts so much. But it's not as if people don't know that. They do know, but I feel as though, unless you're outwardly suffering and obviously distressed, people don't believe you. People underestimate the human capacity not only to endure, but to suppress. When I so clearly said I wanted to die, a professional told me I was using the 'issue' of suicide in an 'aggressive' way. They joked about me 'screaming' about suicide. So then I just quietly thought about it, because I realised, people don't need to know how you feel for it to be real. I know it's a real. And maybe I wanted them to know because I wanted help. I wanted to stop feeling this way. Their reaction made it clear that everything I think is true. There can be no doubt now. I've done everything you're told to. I reached out, I was open, I really tried. I just want people to know that last bit in particular. I really did try. But if you had been by my side through everything that's happened in these 21 years, you too would be resolute in the belief that you don't belong here. Others don't want you hear.

And it's not as if I'm not upset about it because of course I am. I'm sad for my family more than anything, that over two decades were spent expending time, love (at times hate), and resources on someone who, at their very core, is broken. Someone who is a monster through and through, whose tears move nobody. they deserved better than that. And I tried so hard to give them the life they deserved, to make them happy, to give them peace, to make them proud. But I failed on counts. Sometimes I blame them. A lot of the time I blame them, but more than anything I blame this world, that sucks the life out of you, causes so much pain and suffering. You're trapped, not having asked to be there in the first place, and then it slowly chips away at you. You try to ask for help but you end up screaming into the abyss. Your screams aren't desperation. They're 'hostile', 'aggressive' and insincere. Everyone just sees anger, but nobody's curious. Yes I'm full of rage, but ask me why. I'm angry because I hurt so much. They act as if they'd respond differently if I cried rather than swore. Maybe people don't hate me, but they're indifferent to me. And being invisible hurts in a different kind of way.

People are so clumsy with their words. Or are they actually very careful with them? And they've calculated it just right to cause maximum impact. It's like, even though I jump, everyone paved the way right to the edge. You may as well have pushed me. But if you dare suggest that, you're the evil one. I'm pointing out that you hurt me when you should have helped. Even if you didn't help, did you have to be so nasty?

Sometimes I think saying it plainly and clearly is no use, and that you have to be creative when expressing your pain, but I'm all out of words. I just really hate being alive. I want to be dead more than anything. There's nothing left for me here. My heart aches for my family but when I weigh it up, I cause them more pain then my absence might. Perhaps with me gone they would be somewhat vindicated. They wouldn't just be seen as pushy parents. Although they didn't understand me, they still fought to try and help me.

I'm so tired of people saying how much they 'admire' me for pushing through, or how they're 'surprised how stable' I am. All that says to me is that I'm an idiot. The world is laughing at me:

Why are you still here? Have you not got the message yet?

I have, but I kept holding out hope that I was wrong. Nobody has said that I'm wrong. These mind games are confusing now. I don't know what's real and what's not. I don't know what I can trust what I can't. It's no way to live. It's impossible to live. What's the point of even getting up in the morning if the whole world hates you? Up until now it's been spite and spite alone that's got me up. But I want to let go of it. It's draining.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, OldDrummer, Myl and 10 others
ultrafuntimes

ultrafuntimes

it's funny...
Jan 16, 2022
This. I can relate to this so much, but I've never been able to articulate my feelings and thoughts into words as well as you did.

I don't want to take away from your own experiences and say that I completely understand how you feel, but I can imagine.
I wish I had something more meaningful to say other than "same." I just hate that things are like this. It hurts, so much. I'm sorry you are in pain.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Hater and ceserasera
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also hate being alive, I have never wanted anything to do with this life. It frustrates me that I was forced to exist and I have to endure all this suffering and misery. I know that it can be hard to carry on when you are tired of everything. I understand that living a life filled with pain can be unbearable. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Hater, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
Dear @ceserasera

You are 21 today. It is the first sentence you wrote. I would like to wish you a happy birthday.

Sincerely. Even if it isn't something, you would welcome from a strange on the internet.

I am much older than you. So old, in fact, that I can only vaguely remember being 21. Yet, I have found your words deeply insightful, moving and beautiful. Words matter.

We are all fallible people. Only shades of our fallibility differ.

We all have almost equal capacity for good and evil.

Most evil is born out of ignorance, fortified with the sheer drive to survive. By any means. A primitive mechanism devised to ensure the survival of species. Nothing more.

Most people live their entire lives unaware or only vaguely aware of it. It is where ignorance is bliss wisdom comes from. It is. Not that it implies any inferiority. Only readiness, ability and willingness to fit in. Keen, observant minds, high sensitivity, sharp awareness and deep introspect are heavy burdens that hinder that readiness. When those qualities do not find a receptive outlet, we feel invisible. Estranged. Unseen and unheard. It is a desperately lonely and isolating place.

Sometimes we find the road that leads us to where we can be heard and seen ... maybe through art/words/music we create or something entirely different. But we know when we are there. Some people call it flow. I think that could describe the state of making or creating (whatever it might be). The word, I believe, better describes the state of being heard and seen is belonging. Having your place.

As I said at the beginning ... I am just strange on the internet. But I do wish you found your place. Even if just for a little while. Just to know what it feels like. Before letting go.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, lyles, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
C

ceserasera

Dec 17, 2021
This. I can relate to this so much, but I've never been able to articulate my feelings and thoughts into words as well as you did.

I don't want to take away from your own experiences and say that I completely understand how you feel, but I can imagine.
I wish I had something more meaningful to say other than "same." I just hate that things are like this. It hurts, so much. I'm sorry you are in pain.
Knowing I'm not alone in feeling this way is enough. Thank you đź’•
Dear @ceserasera

You are 21 today. It is the first sentence you wrote. I would like to wish you a happy birthday.

Sincerely. Even if it isn't something, you would welcome from a strange on the internet.

I am much older than you. So old, in fact, that I can only vaguely remember being 21. Yet, I have found your words deeply insightful, moving and beautiful. Words matter.

We are all fallible people. Only shades of our fallibility differ.

We all have almost equal capacity for good and evil.

Most evil is born out of ignorance, fortified with the sheer drive to survive. By any means. A primitive mechanism devised to ensure the survival of species. Nothing more.

Most people live their entire lives unaware or only vaguely aware of it. It is where ignorance is bliss wisdom comes from. It is. Not that it implies any inferiority. Only readiness, ability and willingness to fit in. Keen, observant minds, high sensitivity, sharp awareness and deep introspect are heavy burdens that hinder that readiness. When those qualities do not find a receptive outlet, we feel invisible. Estranged. Unseen and unheard. It is a desperately lonely and isolating place.

Sometimes we find the road that leads us to where we can be heard and seen ... maybe through art/words/music we create or something entirely different. But we know when we are there. Some people call it flow. I think that could describe the state of making or creating (whatever it might be). The word, I believe, better describes the state of being heard and seen is belonging. Having your place.

As I said at the beginning ... I am just strange on the internet. But I do wish you found your place. Even if just for a little while. Just to know what it feels like. Before letting go.
Thank you very much for this. You put it more eloquently than I ever could.
I also hate being alive, I have never wanted anything to do with this life. It frustrates me that I was forced to exist and I have to endure all this suffering and misery. I know that it can be hard to carry on when you are tired of everything. I understand that living a life filled with pain can be unbearable. I wish you the best in whatever happens.
Thank you. Same to you, you're not alone

• Love
Reactions: D&D
lyles

lyles

Student
Oct 13, 2021
First off, happy birthday. I hope that you are able to find some joy out of today, or even a moment of peace. But whatever your time looks like, know my thoughts are going to be with you.

This is one of the most insightful, beautifully written, and touching posts I have seen on here. (Is it odd to admit I bookmarked it to come back to again later?) I am so sorry for the pain you have suffered, though I know that doesn't change anything.

I'm 21 too, I don't know what life brings for either of us, but I hope it is better than the rest. That you are heard and loved and find some happiness, whatever path and choices you make.

I am grateful to you though, that you have lived and decided to write and share your feelings because they did very much touch me. I am sorry that life brought you to feel this way, though. Know you are not alone and that my dms are always open and welcome to you!

Reactions: ceserasera
M

Messgram

Meaningless struggle
Dec 30, 2021
i read "hard" and i
was like "wtf"

C

ceserasera

Dec 17, 2021
First off, happy birthday. I hope that you are able to find some joy out of today, or even a moment of peace. But whatever your time looks like, know my thoughts are going to be with you.

This is one of the most insightful, beautifully written, and touching posts I have seen on here. (Is it odd to admit I bookmarked it to come back to again later?) I am so sorry for the pain you have suffered, though I know that doesn't change anything.

I'm 21 too, I don't know what life brings for either of us, but I hope it is better than the rest. That you are heard and loved and find some happiness, whatever path and choices you make.

I am grateful to you though, that you have lived and decided to write and share your feelings because they did very much touch me. I am sorry that life brought you to feel this way, though. Know you are not alone and that my dms are always open and welcome to you!
Thank you so much. This is very kind of you. Not strange at all to bookmark (it's quite flattering), and I do the same. Hope it brings you some comfort. I'm also always here to talk if you want. All the best
i read "hard" and i
was like "wtf"
Yeah no, that would be incredibly weird.

• Love
Reactions: lyles