• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
We're all encouraged to talk, communication. Anyone else feel bullied to death by speech therapists/people who feel they have a moral duty to teach other people how to talk, unsolicited, or is it just me? If I want support on how to talk I'll ask for it, thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight
H

HereTomorrow

On break. Read "About" on profile.
Feb 1, 2024
I've attended speech therapy from a young age (4-17). It's incredibly intense, however, it helped me read people's body language and communicate a lot better. I remember crying because the speech therapist wouldn't let me leave the room until I said "Watch" instead of "Wash" three times in a row. It took 40 minutes.

I'm conflicted because it genuinely did help me but I also felt like I wasn't treated well the majority of the time, either being too coddled or yelled at.

It helps, especially with early intervention done. I wouldn't want to live in a timeline where I never received the services. But I can also understand how it can stress and overwhelm people, especially when given the wrong speech therapist or someone who doesn't care besides teaching.

• Hugs
Reactions: escape_from_hell
U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
I've attended speech therapy from a young age (4-17). It's incredibly intense, however, it helped me read people's body language and communicate a lot better. I remember crying because the speech therapist wouldn't let me leave the room until I said "Watch" instead of "Wash" three times in a row. It took 40 minutes.

I'm conflicted because it genuinely did help me but I also felt like I wasn't treated well the majority of the time, either being too coddled or yelled at.

It helps, especially with early intervention done. I wouldn't want to live in a timeline where I never received the services. But I can also understand how it can stress and overwhelm people, especially when given the wrong speech therapist or someone who doesn't care besides teaching.
I just see it as something that's inflicted on people and the kind of never ending 'you can't talk properly' judgement as something that just motivates suicide, you can't bully people into learning how to talk you'll just screw them up

escape_from_hell

escape_from_hell

Experienced
Feb 22, 2024

That sounds rough. I'm glad you ultimately got some benefit from it though. It's horrible to put in work and see no benefit but putting in work and getting results in a nice feeling.

I just see it as something that's inflicted on people and the kind of never ending 'you can't talk properly' judgement as something that just motivates suicide, you can't bully people into learning how to talk you'll just screw them up
There's also the pressure to be chatty and extroverted in addition to being fluent and clear.
As someone who genuinely does not like to comment on everything and likes to chill and keep the peace, you'll be judged.
I recently had to attend some speech for school. The speaker was a famous photographer. They described how they used to be shy and hardly spoke a word. And how hard work has transformed them into a bubbly effluent chatterbox. Like it was a triumph to which every quiet or reserved person should aspire.

If someone talks and has some kind of speech impediment, just try to understand them. So many people have different accents, styles of speaking, levels of language fluency...Good people will just try to communicate with you. The childish people who judge are seldom eloquent Shakespeares or gifted freestylers themselves and could use a humbling.

• Hugs
Reactions: HereTomorrow
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
It sounds like just another type of forced conformity, which I always hate. People aren't wrong just because they're different from others.

Reactions: unabletocope