KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
This is a 'what if' scenario question that sounded very interesting enough that nobody is really talking about it.
To sum it up, what if the suicide rates in the u.s. suddenlt shot up from the 40,000 deaths per year to 400,000 deaths or more in a span of six months.?
This isnt about the plausibilitt of it happening it is more about how would the u.s. government, the public and overall everybody would react to a sudden surge of deaths this magnitude?
I honestly think it would be chaos when it comes to the government suddenlt becoming more authoritarian in terms of personal freedom and the right to bear arms too since there will be endless sources of media outlets claiming that if we ban the guns then people will stop killing themselves which is something thay i can confirm as an american thay some major media figurehead will utter such a dumb claim to which legions of people will blindly back it up!

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Final Escape
SoyImbecilaburrido

SoyImbecilaburrido

Luz vs ojo
Aug 24, 2019
This is a 'what if' scenario question that sounded very interesting enough that nobody is really talking about it.
To sum it up, what if the suicide rates in the u.s. suddenlt shot up from the 40,000 deaths per year to 400,000 deaths or more in a span of six months.?
This isnt about the plausibilitt of it happening it is more about how would the u.s. government, the public and overall everybody would react to a sudden surge of deaths this magnitude?
I honestly think it would be chaos when it comes to the government suddenlt becoming more authoritarian in terms of personal freedom and the right to bear arms too since there will be endless sources of media outlets claiming that if we ban the guns then people will stop killing themselves which is something thay i can confirm as an american thay some major media figurehead will utter such a dumb claim to which legions of people will blindly back it up!
There is no death in the end

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Population increases. Wealth disparity increase. Poverty increases. Suicide rate increases.
All natural negative feedback mechanisms to limit population. If we don't limit population pressure, nature will.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
emergency funding would be sent to either prisons or wards, most of the money won't help any suicidal people or their family. Then they'd condenm suicide, lie about the actual statistics, start a mass disinformation campaign, and in about 2-3 years ease immigration laws while bombing even more countries.

So bussiness as usual, with larger figures and an easier to exploit labour force.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
The.End

The.End

This too shall pass
May 18, 2019
You question reminded me of a movie I watched a few months ago on Netflix. It's called: The Discovery (2017) - the movie starts off with An interviewer questions Thomas Harbor the man who scientifically proved the existence of an afterlife, a discovery that has led to an extremely high suicide rate.

check it out if you like, you might find it interesting.

KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
Well things are definitely getting interesting here now. Let's bump it up a bit, a sudden surge to 800,000 deaths and to add more injury lets put in 10 million failed attempts. Pandemic has reached critical levels