Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Can we please stop speculating after someone's death? Especially if you know their personal details?

Many of us come here for anonymity, and while doing so we make friends off the site who come to know us and our real names.

Lots of stuff set me off yesterday, and am wondering if any of you guys feel similarly?

Doubt my death will make the "news" but I would hate to have my photo plastered here with speculation about where I am/if I am dead etc.

Can anyone relate?

Reactions: FadedMemory, SnowyDreams, betteroffdead and 14 others
T

Tiburcio

If somebody would speculate about my death, I survive and my wish of being forgotten would be not fulfilled, honestly it would be very disgusting for me.

I also would hate personal real information being discovered: if you think I'm dead and in the news please don't share it.

Reactions: FadedMemory, SnowyDreams, betteroffdead and 6 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Can we please stop speculating after someone's death? Especially if you know their personal details?

Many of us come here for anonymity, and while doing so we make friends off the site who come to know us and our real names.

Lots of stuff set me off yesterday, and am wondering if any of you guys feel similarly?

Doubt my death will make the "news" but I would hate to have my photo plastered here with speculation about where I am/if I am dead etc.

Can anyone relate?
Yes I completely agree. Articles and real names getting posted is a little disturbing. Especially the fact that conversations are continuing casually in threads after people are saying goodbye. I believe these threads should be locked if people are having input other than respectful comments.

Reactions: lv-gras, skitliv, BaconCheeseburger and 2 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
If somebody would speculate about my death, I survive and my wish of being forgotten would be not fulfilled, honestly it would be very disgusting for me.
I considered this too, if someone were to come back and see those sorts of comments it comes across a little cold and uncaring.

Edit: Exception should only be in the case if someone specifies that they don't give a fuck. but even then it's apparently a rule that no identifying info be posted, I don't see why this would change..

Reactions: lv-gras, Smilla, Ashpac and 1 other person
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Do you mean when someone has decided to CTB then a few days later someone will make a thread and ask did they succeed?

I think less threads should be done on the matter and keep peoples details more private.

Last thing we want is more peoples threads on google for families and friends to see.

Reactions: Ssname, BaconCheeseburger, Smilla and 2 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Do you mean when someone has decided to CTB then a few days later someone will make a thread and ask did they succeed?

I think less threads should be done on the matter and keep peoples details more private.

Last thing we want is more peoples threads on google for families and friends to see.
Personally I don't think the site should be indexed at all but that's just me. If you type somebody's username into google this site is the first thing to come up pretty much.

Reactions: Smilla
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
If you type somebody's username into google this site is the first thing to come up pretty much.

Well holy fucking shit, I just searched my name in google and i was about the 7th result. I did not know that :angry:

Reactions: Third88, Tiburcio and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Well holy fucking shit, I just searched my name in google and i was about the 7th result. I did not know that :angry:
Yup found it out by googling my name to see if I was identifiable (I'm not, phew) but this site is literally the first thing to come up it's almost like they've done search engine optimisation on this site. :') jkjk

Reactions: Ashpac, Tiburcio and Smilla
T

Tiburcio

Good thing Tiburcio is a real name and millions of people have this name.

(not me)

Reactions: lv-gras, weedoge and Ashpac
nzdarkshark

nzdarkshark

The Loved Mistake
Sep 4, 2018
Mine was the first when I searched mine x.x

Reactions: Deadinside24, Ashpac and weedoge
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Im thinking a name change is on the cards, something stupid like rainbow123456 ... id like to see my family and friends link that back to me :ahhha:

Reactions: Smilla, weedoge and Tiburcio
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
No one here knows my personal details except for a couple dear friends whom I've made.

I just don't like all of the public speculation about someone who may or may not have passed away. And linking to articles in the press about a particular person is disturbing.

Reactions: Third88, couldntthinkofaname, Marystevenson1001 and 2 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Hahaha sorry for worrying you. I actually remade my account because my original was pretty easy to link to me if anyone irl knew I used this site.

Reactions: Ashpac
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
No one here knows my personal details except for a couple dear friends whom I've made.

I just don't like all of the public speculation about someone who may or may not have passed away. And linking to articles in the press about a particular person is disturbing.

Massively agree. If there is any links to people who have passed away on here lets just report them straight away.

Reactions: Marystevenson1001, Smilla and weedoge
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Hahaha sorry for worrying you. I actually remade my account because my original was pretty easy to link to me if anyone irl knew I used this site.

Worried nah, slightly concerned ... Hell yeah :))

Reactions: Smilla and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Ayyyy time to clean this place UP

Reactions: Ashpac
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
It's understandable to want closure, and if people choose to share those things privately if they knew a person that's one thing. but this is a public forum.

Reactions: Smilla and Ashpac
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
It's understandable to want closure, and if people choose to share those things privately if they knew a person that's one thing. but this is a public forum.

Well said. It's the public part that bothers me.

I've speculated in private with others but not in public.

Reactions: lv-gras, Ashpac and weedoge
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018

I also would hate personal real information being discovered: if you think I'm dead and in the news please don't share it.
What did the people you ignore say to you?

Reactions: lv-gras and Ashpac
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I agree. Posting links with real names seems a little over the line to me. Making threads asking if....... Ctb or not is all good imo and looking up the articles is fine. Even saying " I looked up the local news and there was a suiside so I'm pretty sure they did" is ok imo but it doesn't need to be posted.
If someone asks for a link to the article just link them to Google's homepage

Reactions: skitliv, Smilla, weedoge and 1 other person
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
On un unrelated note I am "wise"? How did that happen?

Obviously this site doesn't know me that we'll haha

Reactions: Deadinside24, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Smilla and 1 other person
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
On un unrelated note I am "wise"? How did that happen?

Obviously this site doesn't know me that we'll haha
It happens with a certain post count :p

Reactions: Ssname
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I agree. Posting links with real names seems a little over the line to me. Making threads asking if....... Ctb or not is all good imo and looking up the articles is fine. Even saying " I looked up the local news and there was a suiside so I'm pretty sure they did" is ok imo but it doesn't need to be posted.
If someone asks for a link to the article just link them to Google's homepage
Especially when you consider many sites will look back on the sites that have referred their links. ie, news and police sites being alerted that a volume of people are visiting their articles from this website. It would appear very suspicious if they picked up on it.

Reactions: Ssname, skitliv, useless and 1 other person
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Okay dad.

but seriously what? This aint 4chan, people can grow close to whoever they choose and still prefer to remain anonymous among the rest of a public forum.

Edit: Well we both misunderstood Smilla but my point still stands.

Reactions: Smilla and lv-gras
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yep it was a shit show. Too many people doing it. I'll be honest, one of the reasons i stepped down. It just causes too much heat for the site if you ask me, and I'm paranoid so i bailed and demoted myself, sorry folks but I agree with Smilla on this.

I don't get the logic or lack of with posting someone's real identifiable information. Come on!!
The site isn't dead yet, just need to be more vigilant if people can report anything they think it's suspicious/a terrible idea for the site then I think we'll be fine.

Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio and anna
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Why so much passive aggressive, if you want to say something say it straight or say nothing at all. It'd be nice if we can get this forum back on track of being respectful to one another.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiburcio and skitliv