W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
I've got a couple questions regarding full suspension.

1. What knot should I use? I'm currently using this slip knot (). Is it secure or could I wriggle out of it or make it come loose? If so which knot should I use instead which is guaranteed not to slip up no matter how much I twitch whilst unconscious?

2. Does the distance from the anchor point to the knot matter? If so what distance should I use?

3. Is there any possibility I could wriggle out of the slipknot whilst unconscious? Or make it come loose?

4. If I manage to make a secure knot, use a secure rope, find a secluded area where I won't be found and a secure anchor point is there any way I could fail? I don't see how I would, but is it possible I could twitch myself in a position in the knot where the pressure comes loose and I just survive with brain damage? If so what steps could be taken to ensure that, that wouldn't happen, bag over the head?

5. What knot should I use at the anchor point.

I've already got a 11mm static rappelling rope that's meant to be used for climbing and in small elevators so it will definitely hold my weight. I don't know anything about KN max weight, but this is the rope I'm using (https://www.oslosportslager.no/produkt/mammut-performance-static-11-mm-metervare-33553.aspx). I bought 10 meters of it and told the chick behind the counter that I was gonna use it to make a swing with a modified tractor tire. I came prepared with that answer before she asked me.

• Love
Reactions: iDieUDie80, Johanna94, anuglymale and 3 others
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
First: If you have time enough, complete hanging kills you sure. Do not worry. Many thousands people tested it successfully.
Second: The one universal guide how to hang doesn´t exist. Many people have many ways. And no way is ideal for everybody.
Third: I can give you a few tips only. I tried more methods during partial hanging. For me is a simple loop much better than a hangman's knot (a simple loop can be tightened much more easy and tightly). Use of plastic bag over the head is very scary, because the high concentration CO2 makes strong panic. It is not a good idea. The broad rope is more comfortlable, but the slim rope is more effective and the leather belt is very effective and comfortable - but also it is more difficult for fixing and manipulation.
Last: Use handcuffs to hands behind your back is a good idea. You can't climb to a rope. Also i want use this way.

Good luck.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Johanna94, Kikoo Loool and 3 others
W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
First: If you have time enough, complete hanging kills you sure. Do not worry. Many thousands people tested it successfully.
Second: The one universal guide how to hang doesn´t exist. Many people have many ways. And no way is ideal for everybody.
Third: I can give you a few tips only. I tried more methods during partial hanging. For me is a simple loop much better than a hangman's knot (a simple loop can be tightened much more easy and tightly). Use of plastic bag over the head is very scary, because the high concentration CO2 makes strong panic. It is not a good idea. The broad rope is more comfortlable, but the slim rope is more effective and the leather belt is very effective and comfortable - but also it is more difficult for fixing and manipulation.
Last: Use handcuffs to hands behind your back is a good idea. You can't climb to a rope. Also i want use this way.

Good luck.
By "simple loop" do you mean a slipknot like the one in the video?

Reactions: Circles
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
What is the anchor point you're using? I've experimented exclusively with partial but based on that experience I would definitely recommend getting two caribeaners, one for the noose and one for the anchor point. Easier than fiddling with knots imo, though you do need to look up how to hitch the rope to the caribeaner

Reactions: Circles
W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
What is the anchor point you're using? I've experimented exclusively with partial but based on that experience I would definitely recommend getting two caribeaners, one for the noose and one for the anchor point. Easier than fiddling with knots imo, though you do need to look up how to hitch the rope to the caribeaner
I'm gonna use a thick tree branch. Or something else that I'm sure can support more than my weight.

Reactions: Partial-Elf and Circles
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
What is a carribeaner? And what knot would you use to tie to the tree? Something like this?

Reactions: Partial-Elf and Circles
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
I've got a couple questions regarding full suspension.

1. What knot should I use? I'm currently using this slip knot (). Is it secure or could I wriggle out of it or make it come loose? If so which knot should I use instead which is guaranteed not to slip up no matter how much I twitch whilst unconscious?

2. Does the distance from the anchor point to the knot matter? If so what distance should I use?

3. Is there any possibility I could wriggle out of the slipknot whilst unconscious? Or make it come loose?

4. If I manage to make a secure knot, use a secure rope, find a secluded area where I won't be found and a secure anchor point is there any way I could fail? I don't see how I would, but is it possible I could twitch myself in a position in the knot where the pressure comes loose and I just survive with brain damage? If so what steps could be taken to ensure that, that wouldn't happen, bag over the head?

5. What knot should I use at the anchor point.

I've already got a 11mm static rappelling rope that's meant to be used for climbing and in small elevators so it will definitely hold my weight. I don't know anything about KN max weight, but this is the rope I'm using (https://www.oslosportslager.no/produkt/mammut-performance-static-11-mm-metervare-33553.aspx). I bought 10 meters of it and told the chick behind the counter that I was gonna use it to make a swing with a modified tractor tire. I came prepared with that answer before she asked me.

Here's some sources that I'm reading up onto:
http://files.shroomery.org/attachments/8806069-Suicide and attempted suicide by Geo Stone [ebook][OCR][alt.suicide.holiday].pdf
Page 334 Chapter 23 on hanging
And https://web.archive.org/web/20180113134153if_/https://a.uguu.se/N1e53EmCSkUr_Howtohangyourself.pdf special thanks to the late @therhydler.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Welcumtotherealworld