mold

mold

local fungi
Jun 25, 2019
no idea how to tag this or how to even start but i just want to share this with someone.

i've been a member of this website for a little while now, on and off. i used to be really active when i first started, but lots of things came up in real life that i had to prioritize and i couldn't post for about a year. when i came back i had a lovely message on my profile from another user telling me my profile picture gave him hope. by the time i responded so much time had passed (at least to me) and he hasn't responded back to this day. he hasn't been around for about two years now and i hope where ever he may be, he's happier than he was when he was using this website. i recently wanted to change my profile picture, but this person's comment has stuck with me forever, and even though i really really want to change it, i want to keep it for this guy. i have no idea where he is, if he's a happier guy now or has ctb, but i will hold on to this profile picture forever, out of respect for this guy. i've never had anyone tell me that anything that i did gave them hope until then and i'm happy that a small, inconsequential thing i did gave someone else a little bit of joy. i hope that i can do more like this for even more people with my actions and words in the future, and that i can hold onto the feeling of doing something good for someone to keep me going in life in the same manner that this one person's comment has me holding onto this profile picture forever lol.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: StrangeAndDeath, Cyanide, ksp and 8 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I understand what you mean. I've had times when a single post on here has permanently shifted my whole outlook in a particular area. A lot of people here, including some who have passed on, have touched me in life-changing ways. It makes the collective feel even more like family... though that is a mixed blessing as it only makes the site more addictive!

I hope that I've occasionally made a meaningful difference for others, too. That would bring much meaning to my life. But as with your profile pic situation, the most magical things happen spontaneously and there's ultimately no way of knowing the final outcome.

Reactions: mold, ksp, drainganggggg and 1 other person
looseye

looseye

A boring person.
Oct 27, 2021
This is the most beautiful thing I have read in a while. Hope you're in a better place and/or state of mind than you were 2 years ago, dear profile poster <3

Reactions: mold, ksp and Pluto
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
That's so very of you, yesterday i cried when reading some peoples topics on how they want to ctb, I really wanna help people and see them smile even though I can't achieve the same state, but I'll try and I won't give up, I'll try to give people hope, even if it costs me my wellbeing