• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Hello. I currently don't have a digital scale. I didn't really think I needed one, since I figured many people on here with one have posted about how many grams are in a tablespoon or teaspoon. But to my surprise, the answers are ALL OVER THE PLACE. I truly cannot understand why there's no concrete answer on here that everyone agrees with.

Some people say 15g sn to a tbsp. Others say 18. Some say 23. Even 25.

From what I could find, @TrailerTrash said that there are 2.168g of sn per cm3. Normal table salt(nacl) is 2.17g per cm3, according to both trailertrash and google. So basically, salt and nitrite have the same density(amount of mass per unit of volume). Additionally, is also stated online that 1 tbsp(a real tbsp, not a house tbsp, of which some people think is the same thing) is ~ 14.787 cm3. Doing some simple math, we find that 14.787*2.168= ~32 grams.

Is this math correct guys? I could get a scale. But I'm just irritated at how everyone's answers range from 12-32 grams.(most people seem to say 15-20 per tbsp). I just want to make sure there's not something obvious I'm missing.

Thanks guys. I hope we can figure this out once and for all.

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Please refer to :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-water-amount-lookup-table-v2.32241/

There's a section (lower part of first post) that discusses tablespoons and how many grams that means.....

Reactions: theguineapigking
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Please refer to :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-water-amount-lookup-table-v2.32241/

There's a section (lower part of first post) that discusses tablespoons and how many grams that means.....

Thank you for the reply. Do you think the density being recorded lower is a result of poorly calibrated scales?(in your opinion)? If everyone gets such a different result, perhaps that is why. I'm not trying to question your post, as you're very knowledgeable. I am simply trying to learn as much as possible.

Thanks again!

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Thank you for the reply. Do you think the density being recorded lower is a result of poorly calibrated scales?(in your opinion)? If everyone gets such a different result, perhaps that is why. I'm not trying to question your post, as you're very knowledgeable. I am simply trying to learn as much as possible.

Thanks again!
Did you read it ?
Quoting the relevant part :

Theoretically, 1 tablespoon is 15ml, and SN density is about 2g per ml, so a tablespoon should be about 30g of SN. However, people here taking measurements have had lower results eg 23g or even 15g.
Regular salt (sodium chloride) has about the same density, yet a tablespoon of salt is typically quoted as about 17g (not 30g), so applying official densities doesn't always seem to pan out (perhaps it depends on how fine or coarse the substance is).
Based on the various factors above, an assumption of 1 tablespoon = 18.5g of SN has been used

One of the key points is :
applying official densities doesn't always seem to pan out (perhaps it depends on how fine or coarse the substance is).

The above was the best that I was able to figure out....
Feel free to take the research further if you wish, and if so then please report back your findings.....

Reactions: theguineapigking
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Use the package or a container .

If you have 100g put it all in a big cup and take a ¼ . Really couldn't be simpler . ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 1768, GoodPersonEffed and theguineapigking
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Use the package or a container .

If you have 100g put it all in a big cup and take a ¼ . Really couldn't be simpler . ;)

By gods, you're a genius. I feel...dumbfounded..

Seriously though, thanks. God I'm an idiot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
For the record, I've been chronically baffled and miffed (miffled?) at the disparities too. Variations in the coarseness of the substance plus the goofiness of cheap digital scales sound like the right explanation, but it doesn't really help decide how much sn to take.

@Quarky00, your approach is brilliant - but I have a 250g jar of the stuff. One tenth ... by eye ... or just count it out in tablespoons ... Damb!

By the way, @theguineapigking, could you clarify what you mean by "a real tbsp" as opposed to "a house tbsp"? Mine are all kitchen tbsps.

Reactions: Deathbydemo
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
It's worth keeping in mind that the quoted amounts of SN are very generous (2.5 times the lethal dose).
So inaccuracy in measuring shouldn't really be a concern/issue for the most part....
When in doubt, just be somewhat generous with your measuring....

Reactions: Soul and Quarky00