E

Echoko

Apr 30, 2019
Everything you think is "common knowledge" is most likely a complete fabrication. Spend some time researching a topic that interests you and you'll find that everything you've learned about it in the past is built on half-truths or lies.

Consider that we all started life being taught by breeders - those people whose genetic makeup and thought process cause them to believe life has "meaning" and being alive has "value".

Getting away from this heavily marketed bullshit takes a lot of mental strife. Many of us on this site are actually here because we analyzed the facts independently of what we've been told by society.

Recently I've been hearing a lot of talk from the general public about how they don't want to die from coronavirus. Why do people act like they aren't going to die? No one (so far) has lasted more than about 120 years. We are going to die. I will die, so will you. You can't "save" someone's life by stopping them from committing suicide or by performing surgery. You can only extend life temporarily (in the grand scheme of the universe- very, very, very temporarily).

I am annoyed today with society. Hoarding money as if it will be useful to them in a few years time. Studying or working to the breaking point each day even though eventually they won't even remember their own name (if they live that long).

We are animals. We have evolutionary instincts and act on them. We are social creatures and do ridiculous things because of imaginary social constructs. Look at the ridiculous things other species do in order to survive among their environment, and then compare it to what humans do. It's just as ridiculous and ultimately pointless.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Tragoedia Vitae and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Fully agreed with you and very intelligent post. I too, have experienced many things that are later found out to be either untrue (completely) or only true in "certain, special" circumstances. This isn't even limited to academia, the real world, the work force and working world, but just life in general. I'm thinking that school and education is mostly a means to indoctrinate humans to obey the system and to show that a human being is 'trainable' to their superiors (managers, supervisors, and others in charge).

I am annoyed today with society. Hoarding money as if it will be useful to them in a few years time. Studying or working to the breaking point each day even though eventually they won't even remember their own name (if they live that long).

As for money, I merely see it as a means to obtain my (insignificant in the eyes of the universe) goals and cope with life until things get too much for me (like this year for instance). I don't plan on living until old age just to enjoy what little life I have on poor health and wither/rot away in an nursing home, or assisted living. I'd rather enjoy life until I can't anymore (which is now) and then find the right time and place then CTB. Living until old age isn't for me.

• Love
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae and Echoko
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Everything you think is "common knowledge" is most likely a complete fabrication. Spend some time researching a topic that interests you and you'll find that everything you've learned about it in the past is built on half-truths or lies.

Consider that we all started life being taught by breeders - those people whose genetic makeup and thought process cause them to believe life has "meaning" and being alive has "value".

Getting away from this heavily marketed bullshit takes a lot of mental strife. Many of us on this site are actually here because we analyzed the facts independently of what we've been told by society.

Recently I've been hearing a lot of talk from the general public about how they don't want to die from coronavirus. Why do people act like they aren't going to die? No one (so far) has lasted more than about 120 years. We are going to die. I will die, so will you. You can't "save" someone's life by stopping them from committing suicide or by performing surgery. You can only extend life temporarily (in the grand scheme of the universe- very, very, very temporarily).

We are animals. We have evolutionary instincts and act on them. We are social creatures and do ridiculous things because of imaginary social constructs. Look at the ridiculous things other species do in order to survive among their environment, and then compare it to what humans do. It's just as ridiculous and ultimately pointless.
I wish I thought you were wrong. But I don't.

• Hugs
Reactions: Echoko