Bouquet

Bouquet

Feb 28, 2024
All my life I've been very shy and a few years ago i was diagnosed with social anxiety. I feel unable to adapt, these months I've trying to get a job but it is very difficult for me because of anxiety, it's frustrating and I feel stupid. I'm desperate because I don't know what to do with my life other than get a job. Sometimes I think that the only solution would be to commit suicide, living with social anxiety feels so limiting.

• Hugs
Reactions: Anxi0usandDepressed, mischief_tofu, BlendedHeart and 3 others
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Maybe you could get a job where you are not so exposed, like in the background or so.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you have to suffer like that, it must be tiring what you are going through. But anyway best wishes.

darkSea

darkSea

Mar 7, 2024
Having had social anxiety disorder practically my whole life, I know the feeling! The two biggest things that helped me are quitting coffee (I know, so obvious), and reading The Social Skills Guidebook by Chris Macleod. For me, being socially incompetent was fueling my anxiety, so that book helped a lot (multiple re-listens on audible. Often before social events)

Reactions: meltdown
BlendedHeart

BlendedHeart

It is what it is
Mar 9, 2024
Social anxiety has ruined a lot of jobs for me too. At first, people have some patience and try to integrate me. But then they give up and I get isolated. Can't blame them. My social skills are trash and I never improve.

Hope you find a way to overcome it.

Reactions: ihavenothingleft