Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019

This must be hell on earth. What if you incarnated into this world as a brain-in-a-petri-dish by some dickhole scientists? Though I guess it has it's silver linings-- no taxes, all the warm nutrient broth you want, get to sit around and think about brainy shit all day... Maybe this is where all the next great philosophers will come from?

• Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Crushed_Innocence, sammii and 4 others
K

kypnrp

Aug 17, 2019
... Yikes.
That's one of those things that shouldn't be toyed with.

• Love
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Elias
E

Elias

Experienced
Mar 19, 2019
This is why we need to burn the whole fucking world, just in case. Can't run the risk of letting humans find more creative ways to produce suffering out of fucking nowhere. A few hundred thousand years sufficed, it's now time to call it quits.

• Love
Reactions: WhyIsLife56, MiserableBastard1995, Boonks and 7 others
Yoffi

Yoffi

I can't dance, I want to dance
Aug 8, 2019
now that's a nice clickbait, I don't think that consciousness is possible without a body because of lack of actual real stimuli needed from the necessary organs - without eyes you can't see, without ears you can't hear and so on, and without any of these it is impossible to be even aware of your surroundings and you can't have consciousness without awareness. not to mention that grown-in-the-lab brains don't have any memories and thus no reference points.

While they don't approach the complexity of a human brain (...)
so no reason to stop the research

We don't want people doing research where there is potential for something to suffer.
said the human species while continuously experimenting on surprisingly intelligent animals for hundreds of years

it disgusts me that we don't even have to balls to commit to something that might push science so much further, let's just give up on everything and die out as a waste of potential of possibly first and only interplanetary species

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
since my issue with life is my body, i'd honestly take that over this reality.

plus those brains are not exactly sentient and even less so without a body and stimulus.

besides, i don't see this as being much different from a lab rat or even more intelligent beings, if anything that's way worse than this.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I for one welcome our new petri dish overlords.

• Love
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, exhausted, Lethe and 3 others
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I for one welcome our new petri dish overlords.
JKYsyNX.png

Reactions: Numbtopain97, takeyourshotfunboy, Deleted member 1465 and 1 other person
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
Give them a robo body and funny ass googly eyes man, then they'll be some chill ass gumballs

Reactions: sammii and Lethe
G

greenlight

Oct 22, 2019

This must be hell on earth. What if you incarnated into this world as a brain-in-a-petri-dish by some dickhole scientists? Though I guess it has it's silver linings-- no taxes, all the warm nutrient broth you want, get to sit around and think about brainy shit all day... Maybe this is where all the next great philosophers will come from?
Looks like a clickbaith tbh

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995