☆AwaitingEntropy☆

☆AwaitingEntropy☆

Snuffing the Light Out
Nov 6, 2021
It's just getting too expensive to live. I can barely afford basic things like food. I've always been low income, but rising prices where I live are the worst. Houses are too much to even rent, and my lease is up in a couple months.

Honestly I'm thinking about just using it as a reason to go. I won't have to worry about my leaving my roommates to struggle financially since they're talking about maybe moving back with parents instead of renewing the lease. The place we're renting from hasn't fixed our water heater and it's just not very good. On top of that I'm tired of my job and have considered quiting anyway.

Maybe this is a good opportunity I shouldn't pass up. Either try to move far away and restart life one more time (...but that requires funds I don't have), or call it quits for good. Either way I just want peace.

S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
I feel you I live in low income also shits hard can't really afford things either . Maybe try to get food stamps or government assistance if haven't already tried Hopefully shit improves for you .

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It's become like that where I am, too. I have sort of managed to buy an inexpensive house and mostly pay it off, but I have had to sacrifice everything (all hobbies, etc.) and work ridiculous hours in jobs that I didn't enjoy to pay it off. That has taken a big toll on my mental health in itself.

It feels like society either expects us to have financially supportive parents, or at the very least to be able to achieve healthy relationships so that long-term planning based on a double-income can occur. Otherwise, it's a pretty thankless existence.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Same situation in many EU countries. Prices for food, gas, electricity, rent, heating, allmost everything in drugstores have increased. Many things now cost 50% more or even allmost doubled. The price of electricity has increased by 4,5 times ! So many people can no longer afford to live.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
here in the uk everything has gone up my electricity bill use to be less £100 for 3 months now its at around 150£, i don;t really use the gas just heat water, bread and 4 pints of milk gone up from £1.20 to £1.50, my shopping bill for food has gone up by 10-15£ per 2 weeks.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds very stressful what you are going through, and I understand why you would be so tired. This life really is so depressing and unfair. I wish you relief from suffering in whatever you decide to do.