• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

rj3542

rj3542

Jun 27, 2024
Has anyone tested 99% SN with the Bartovation strips? Did yours show high on nitrates as well as nitrites?

My SN arrived but it had opened and some leaked out. I scooped out the top layer and then did the testing as described in PHP and the bible post. I'm showing high nitrites and nitrates on the Bartovation strips. Do you know anything about that? Some posts said that certain brands of strips always read high nitrates with nitrites but I'm not finding a specific post on Bartovation strips. Here's the pic:
20240712 171532

• Love
Reactions: lynnschronicles
K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
My SN arrived but it had opened and some leaked out. I scooped out the top layer and then did the testing as described in PHP and the bible post. I'm showing high nitrites and nitrates on the Bartovation strips. Do you know anything about that? Some posts said that certain brands of strips always read high nitrates with nitrites but I'm not finding a specific post on Bartovation strips. Here's the pic:
fd

The issue of high nitrate results along with high nitrite has been solved before. Basically aquarium strips and also bartovation strip react similarly in the case of the presence of high nitrite, then you will also see high nitrate.
Read this thread at the end for the technical explanation :

Last edited:
rj3542

rj3542

Jun 27, 2024
@Klimpop Thank you! I saw that image too. My strip was from cup 2, and Vizzy had low nitrates in the more diluted cup 2 which makes me wonder. Idk how long the package had been open for. I just don't want to go through with everything tomorrow and fail. Trying to make sure it's still pure enough.

K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
If you read carefully that thread, toofargone6969 used bartovation strips and had similar results to you with high nitrate.

I quote her from her thread :
"I emailed the manufacturer of the test strips (Bartovation) and here is what they have to say about the nitrate issue:
"Nitrite is detected and analyzed by formation of a red/pink color on the test pad utilizing the Griess reaction chemistry. Nitrate is detected using the same chemistry; however, the Nitrate is first reduced to Nitrite by a reducing agent impregnated in the test pad. The intensity of the color developed is proportional to the amount of nitrite and/or nitrate present.
I ran a little test here in the lab. What I did is I mixed 6.25% sodium nitrite salt into DI water, as you can see below both test pads did react so we believe your reaction is normal."
I'm not including the photo since it isn't my own but this is good news. High purity SN will still show a result for nitrates as well due to the chemical reaction as stated above. I feel better having received confirmation from someone very knowledgable about chemistry."

Also it is recommended to use the SN from the lower part of the container as it would be more potent or pure than the surface SN which is in contact with air most often.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: divinemistress36 and rj3542
rj3542

rj3542

Jun 27, 2024
If you read carefully that thread, toofargone6969 used bartovation strips and had similar results to you with high nitrate.

I quote her from her thread :
"I emailed the manufacturer of the test strips (Bartovation) and here is what they have to say about the nitrate issue:
"Nitrite is detected and analyzed by formation of a red/pink color on the test pad utilizing the Griess reaction chemistry. Nitrate is detected using the same chemistry; however, the Nitrate is first reduced to Nitrite by a reducing agent impregnated in the test pad. The intensity of the color developed is proportional to the amount of nitrite and/or nitrate present.
I ran a little test here in the lab. What I did is I mixed 6.25% sodium nitrite salt into DI water, as you can see below both test pads did react so we believe your reaction is normal."
I'm not including the photo since it isn't my own but this is good news. High purity SN will still show a result for nitrates as well due to the chemical reaction as stated above. I feel better having received confirmation from someone very knowledgable about chemistry."

Also it is recommended to use the SN from the lower part of the container as it would be more potent or pure than the surface SN which is in contact with air most often.
Thank you so much!

Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023
I got an order of SN recently as well and it wasn't sealed properly the salt was literally Leaking all over the floor as I pulled it out of my mailbox. About half of the salt entered into the packaging for shipment and half was in the intended container. I tried to salvage what I could but the seller said they would send me another one So it should just be even more extra SN.

I think you just need to seal the container holding the SN and make the seal as tight as possible and keep it in a cool place aka make sure that it's inside and not exposed to the elements of temperature fluctuation. If mold can grow in the environment like a basement or something it's probably not a good place to store it. If it's strongly sealed and in a proper environment it should last a long time even if it's been opened from what I've heard

• Love
Reactions: rj3542