I

InTheAbyss

Jul 30, 2024
I got 500g of SN a few weeks ago. I followed the guide for testing in the SN bible thread. But the results were weird. Like the test strips showed high amounts of nitrate and the concentrations of nitrate and nitrite combined were higher that the amount of powder that was supposed to be in there. I got some different test strips and tested again and again got confusing results.

I just did another test again with one of the chemical test kits. But I'm having difficulty telling the shades apart now. So I'm posting here to see what people think the purity is. Or at least if it looks like it's enough to do the job.

I tested a drop of blood with one grain of the SN and it all turned dark in about 5 or so seconds. But it wasn't much blood, just what you use for the diabetic test strips.

The SN also came in a bottle that was already opened and half full. The cap was on tightly but the seal was obviously broken that it had been opened.

Here's the results from the chemical kit. Following the guide it's supposed to be 5mg/L of SN and it was sold as 99% pure. I can't tell if the nitrite is 2 or 5 mg/L and it looks to me like the nitrate is around 10mg/L. Totalling 12-15mg.L for both. But if the guide is accurate there should only be 5mg/L total. The vials off to the sides are testing distilled water for comparison.
Sn test

Reactions: caushin11
N

newjourney

Jul 1, 2024
I didn't understand a lot of the post to be honest but I noticed you said Nitrate as opposed to Nitrite. Did you purchase the correct substance? You are after Sodium Nitrite (NaNO2)… I'm guessing you know what you're talking about but it's a common mistake I've seen at least 5 times here already.

As for the pre-opened bottle, personally, that would raise alarms for me. I got mine from a legit source and it came in a sealed pharma industry bottle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
I

InTheAbyss

Jul 30, 2024
I didn't understand a lot of the post to be honest but I noticed you said Nitrate as opposed to Nitrite. Did you purchase the correct substance? You are after Sodium Nitrite (NaNO2)… I'm guessing you know what you're talking about but it's a common mistake I've seen at least 5 times here already.

As for the pre-opened bottle, personally, that would raise alarms for me. I got mine from a legit source and it came in a sealed pharma industry bottle.
It raised concerns from me too. They became less professional in their communications once I placed the order. Once I placed the order the messaged me and said that the substance was special and they were changing what it was declared as for shipping. The bottle only had one small tag on it saying 'toner'. I didn't ask them to do that. I found someone else posting here with almost the exact same experience as me. They couldn't figure it out for sure either. I'm waiting for them to post their testing of new SN they got from a different supplier.

I don't know if the supplier I found is known for being real or fake. I was originally signing up here to find a supplier that would deliver to Canada. I found this one on my own around the same time and had decided to wait an see if it was real or a scam when I got my shipment. I still can't figure it out.

This is what I ordered or at least what it said I was ordering: "Sodium Nitrite Purity Degree 99% CAS No. 7632-00-0"
That is what I'm after if it's real? Is it not?

L

levinejohn

Aug 19, 2024
How many drops of the 1ml pipette did you put in the solution you tested? I'm confused because the guide said put two but during the process it says 1 so not sure

Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
They probably declared it "toner" rather than SN just because it creates fewer hassles at customs.

I

InTheAbyss

Jul 30, 2024
How many drops of the 1ml pipette did you put in the solution you tested? I'm confused because the guide said put two but during the process it says 1 so not sure
I did 1ml.

The guide was written for 1L bottles. But they could only find 500ml bottles so during the process they halved the amounts from the guide.

Reactions: levinejohn
L

levinejohn

Aug 19, 2024
I did 1ml.

The guide was written for 1L bottles. But they could only find 500ml bottles so during the process they halved the amounts from the guide.
My bad for bothering you but on the aquarium dip test that would mean it show up as 5.0 for nitrates? Thought it Shoukd show up as 10.0

I

InTheAbyss

Jul 30, 2024
My bad for bothering you but on the aquarium dip test that would mean it show up as 5.0 for nitrates? Thought it Shoukd show up as 10.0
I halved the amount of sn i put in to test for 5.0 of nitrite as that's as high as the chemical test went. But there was also a high amount of nitrate too which I'm concerned about.

L

levinejohn

Aug 19, 2024
I halved the amount of sn i put in to test for 5.0 of nitrite as that's as high as the chemical test went. But there was also a high amount of nitrate too which I'm concerned about.
Ohh I see so from what I understand instead of 2.5g of sn you put 1.25g? Sorry for sounding stupid in advance lol

I

InTheAbyss

Jul 30, 2024
Ohh I see so from what I understand instead of 2.5g of sn you put 1.25g? Sorry for sounding stupid in advance lol
Yeah, that's what I did. I still couldn't figure out the purity of that sn and it was expensive...
I ordered more from another source. It was even more expensive. But people seem to say it's real. It's still in transit, so I'm nervous about it making it here ok.

L

levinejohn

Aug 19, 2024
Yeah, that's what I did. I still couldn't figure out the purity of that sn and it was expensive...
I ordered more from another source. It was even more expensive. But people seem to say it's real. It's still in transit, so I'm nervous about it making it here ok.
Was the one you couldn't figure out from DMC by any chance?

I

InTheAbyss

Jul 30, 2024
Was the one you couldn't figure out from DMC by any chance?
No, the one I couldn't figure out was from a source I found in China. Sounded like one other ordered from them or a source like them on here too and made their own post with the same issues I had. They couldn't figure it out either.

The order that I'm hoping makes it to me is from DMC. At least I think I ordered from DMC. I had to find it on my own. But it matched what people were saying about it in other posts. I might not open it to test before time since many others have said it's good.

N

nasigoreng99

Aug 23, 2024
Please see this regarding to your test (the last post of this thread). Because the OP also did test and came up same result as yours and finally he confirmed with the companies (who sold SN and who sold testing strip).

P

PhDone

Jul 29, 2024
I've just tested 3 different supplies from China with 3 different test kits (all just strips but one is nitrite/nitrate, one 5 way, one 7 way). All came back with some level of nitrate. Its off putting for sure. I take the point that the test kit suppliers ultimately said that nitrate will show up to a lesser degree with just nitrite present because of the way the test works. But in the SN bible photos the nitrate pad was clear.

That said, there is a video in the PPH appendix of the SN test. I paused the video at the test result and can almost see the full strip next to the strips canister. The canister looks like it says NaNO2 and NaNO3 next to each other and for sure the test strip has pink colour on the pad next to the nitrite one he is talking to and pointing out. At no time does he refer to what the nitrate one should be showing. Just says if nitrite is pure the pad colour should sit here on the scale.