Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
Is the last PPEH up to date with the SN method?

Method:
1- Skip sleeping the night before, when i skip sleep i feel agitated and more depressed than usual.
2- Fast all day (so about 12 to 16 hours), only drinking water.
3- 30 mg Metaclopramide 40 minutes before drinking SN
4- dissolve 35 grams of SN in 50 ml of water and drink

the PPEH advises using benzos to decrease anxiety, can magnesium be used instead? as its an OTC relaxing med

Last edited:
Reactions: warriorkot
maynoname

maynoname

Student
Aug 13, 2024

Method:

1- Fasting all day, only drinking water.
2- 30 mg Metaclopramide 40 minutes before drinking SN
3- dissolve 35 grams of SN in 50 ml of water and drink

the PPEH advises using benzos to decrease anxiety, can magnesium be used instead? as its an OTC relaxing med
I would say 25g but correct me if I am wrong

Reactions: zaxxy1810 and Wackstar
Wackstar

Wackstar

May we meet again
Jul 21, 2022
I would add propranolol 40 mins before sn if it's easily available to you, it would help reduce the intensity of tachycardia. But if you can't easily access it then don't bother it's not essential. Also a painkiller 1hr before Sn would help mitigate the headache you might get (paracetamol, ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc)

Reactions: divinemistress36
Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
I would add propranolol 40 mins before sn if it's easily available to you, it would help reduce the intensity of tachycardia. But if you can't easily access it then don't bother it's not essential. Also a painkiller 1hr before Sn would help mitigate the headache you might get (paracetamol, ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc)
i think it needs a prescription
define all day please
12 to 16 hours

Reactions: IwantHappiness
Wackstar

Wackstar

May we meet again
Jul 21, 2022
i think it needs a prescription

Ah you'll be fine without it then, or maybe look into getting another beta blocker that won't require a prescription

Reactions: Oblivion
N

nasigoreng99

Aug 23, 2024

Method:
1- Skip sleeping the night before, when i skip sleep i feel agitated and more depressed than usual.
2- Fast all day (so about 12 to 16 hours), only drinking water.
3- 30 mg Metaclopramide 40 minutes before drinking SN
4- dissolve 35 grams of SN in 50 ml of water and drink

1. Whats the purpose of skip sleeping: feel agitated and more depressed? Will it help lower blood pressure faster so unconscious occurs sooner?
2. Afaik, fasting too long will induce vomiting. Recommend 8-10. Hours

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Oblivion
Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
1. Whats the purpose of skip sleeping: feel agitated and more depressed? Will it help lower blood pressure faster so unconscious occurs sooner?
2. Afaik, fasting too long will induce vomiting. Recommend 8-10. Hours
To be more suicidal

Wackstar

Wackstar

May we meet again
Jul 21, 2022
To be more suicidal
Wouldn't recommend that, personally I think you deserve to be at peace in your last hours and be at peace w your decision.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller and Buffy
Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
Anyone knows if i can use magnesium instead of benzos?

Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
I wanna try drinking Melatonin and magnesium instead of benzos, any info on this?

Demian

Demian

Student
Mar 25, 2024
Can I use quetiapine and a muscle relaxant to help me lose consciousness more quickly?

Wackstar

Wackstar

May we meet again
Jul 21, 2022
Can I use quetiapine and a muscle relaxant to help me lose consciousness more quickly?
I've taken quetiapine before to help with insomnia (50mg) and it didn't even knock me out under normal circumstances (had an almost sleepless night) so it depends on how you react to it, if it doesn't sedate you to the point where you can't resist sleep then I'd look for something else.
I wanna try drinking Melatonin and magnesium instead of benzos, any info on this?
Melatonin wouldn't hurt but I don't think it would be enough. I'd look for something stronger as for magnesium idk much about it's effects honestly

Last edited:
Reactions: Demian
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Asking again, any idea about Magnesium?
No, it has nowhere near the effect as benzos have. Most people have enough magnesium from their diets, so supplementing doesn't really change anything, especially short term.

• Informative
Reactions: SonicFan1994
Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
No, it has nowhere near the effect as benzos have. Most people have enough magnesium from their diets, so supplementing doesn't really change anything, especially short term.
i heard it can highly relax your body and very easily put you to sleep and makes you very very sleepy

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
i heard it can highly relax your body and very easily put you to sleep and makes you very very sleepy
No, that is exaggerated nonsense. If you are deficient in magnesium, you may have insomnia issues, so if you supplement, you will start sleeping better. But only very few people are actually deficient in magnesium.

If it was that easy to sleep with OTC magnesium, then insomnia treatments with z-drugs, benzos, seroquel, melatonin or even antidepressives would not exist.

Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
What OTC can cause dizziness and sleepiness and tiredness??? any idea?

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
What OTC can cause dizziness and sleepiness and tiredness??? any idea?
I was given an otc flue and cold medicine, it was just composed of 500mg paracetamol with 30mg caffeine anhydrous and 2mg chlorphenamine maleate. 2 tablets over 8hrs and I was seriously having a hard time keeping my eyes open. I was sick with cold but it most likely was due to the third antihistamine component.