Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer

May 3, 2024
I have SN on standby, but CTB is a very last resort. However, after stage 4 mouth cancer twelve years ago my mouth is very sensitive and tender. Spices, herbs and even pepper are taboo because they burn like hell. I am worried in case the SN will be impossible for me to take.

Miraculously, I beat the Big C but at times wish I hadn't.

Any advice pretty please 😎

• Hugs
Reactions: LondonVillie, iloveloving, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
It burns interiorly more than in the mouth I think.

Reactions: divinemistress36, Plato'sCaveDweller and Daydream Believer
redkitsune98

redkitsune98

Sep 2, 2024
SN is salt. different chemical background but it's just salt

Reactions: Daydream Believer, rozeske and Plato'sCaveDweller
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
I have SN on standby, but CTB is a very last resort. However, after stage 4 mouth cancer twelve years ago my mouth is very sensitive and tender. Spices, herbs and even pepper are taboo because they burn like hell. I am worried in case the SN will be impossible for me to take.

How does your mouth react to salt? Like if you eat something that has too much salt? Like someone else said, SN is quite salty.

Reactions: Daydream Believer, rozeske and Plato'sCaveDweller
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
SN is salt. different chemical background but it's just salt
Some salts can burn the skin or even violently react with water. Examples are Na2CO3 (forms basic solutions when dissolved in water) and AlCl3 (forms acidic solutions when dissolved in water).

NaNO2 forms very weak bases (weaker than sodium bicarbonate NaHCO3, if I remember correctly) and shouldn't be burning.

Reactions: Daydream Believer
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I have heard of some people using straws - typically to try to minimize tasting the SN. Perhaps this may be useful to minimize contact with the mouth.

Reactions: Daydream Believer and rozeske
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
I have heard of some people using straws - typically to try to minimize tasting the SN. Perhaps this may be useful to minimize contact with the mouth.
Yeah I might end up trying something similar to deliver it directly to my stomach without it unpleasantly interacting with my tongue.

Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer

May 3, 2024
Thanks so much for your replies. I will put a teaspoon of salt in my mouth later. And let you know 😁

D

dying flower

Jan 6, 2024

Have you thought of an enama?

• Yay!
Reactions: Chaosire and Daydream Believer
canijo

canijo

Oct 29, 2023
You could research about putting the SN in capsules. It's generally outright non-recommended for various reasons, but yours could be a legit case to make the research and find out how to make it work.

B

Bear1234

Jul 8, 2024
You can use benzocaine to kinda numb your taste buds so you won't feel it. You can get it from CVS or walgreens

• Informative
Reactions: Daydream Believer and divinemistress36
cowboypants

cowboypants

From milkyway
May 7, 2024
Using straws are risky as people pass out before finishing the glass. Symptoms starts to kick in. From what I've seen here. Leads to a failed attempt usually. You want to drink it quickly as possible.

• Informative
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
acid resistant capsules? rectal administration or maybe oblate discs, blate papes. everyone says you shouldn't use capsules but :,( i can't do oral SN either tbf, bad stomach

• Aww..
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019

I am having a health issue with the same problem. It might be a bit uncomfortable, but can you use a straw? The action of sucking on it may hurt less than a salt on the sensiive tissue.
Have the straw put the liquid near the back of your tongue.

Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer

May 3, 2024
Thanks everyone for great advice. Trying to live one more day at a time at the moment. I will keep you all updated ❤️

Reactions: LondonVillie and SVEN
T

Trav1989

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Thanks, I never thought of that
This is certainly an option, if your mouth is too sensitive there is always the other end and you won't have the salty taste to worry about. The only issue is that it's also a laxative so I would suggest that along with fasting you should colon cleanse for a day prior or you could lose SN.