S

shame

Jul 17, 2024
How informative is blood test for SN? Since I can't do aquarium test, is it worth to try this one?

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Blood testing is not very reliable.
Blood testing does not really guarantee that your SN is 95<% pure.

But it is better than nothing.

The most important thing is to buy SN from a reliable and good source.
This in most cases guarantees that the SN is of the right quality, but of course if someone wants to be as sure as possible, they should test it.

Reactions: annikae and heavyeyes
N

nasigoreng99

Aug 23, 2024
How informative is blood test for SN? Since I can't do aquarium test, is it worth to try this one?
Blood test doesn't give clarity of how much purity of SN
And also, cmiiw, NitrAte can turn blood to be brown

Reactions: annikae and heavyeyes
D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Experienced
Apr 30, 2024
It's better than nothing & super easy. As above said, it won't tell you purity but you'll at least know it's SN & have some peace of mind. I used a diabetic lancing kit because I can't cut. The blood went from bright red & runny to chocolate brown sludge almost instantly- within 3 seconds, maybe even 1 second. Best of luck.

Reactions: shame
S

shame

Jul 17, 2024
It's better than nothing & super easy. As above said, it won't tell you purity but you'll at least know it's SN & have some peace of mind. I used a diabetic lancing kit because I can't cut. The blood went from bright red & runny to chocolate brown sludge almost instantly- within 3 seconds, maybe even 1 second. Best of luc
It's better than nothing & super easy. As above said, it won't tell you purity but you'll at least know it's SN & have some peace of mind. I used a diabetic lancing kit because I can't cut. The blood went from bright red & runny to chocolate brown sludge almost instantly- within 3 seconds, maybe even 1 second. Best of luck.
I've already done it. Blood became dark brown INSTANTLY!
Blood test doesn't give clarity of how much purity of SN
And also, cmiiw, NitrAte can turn blood to be brown
Really? Even Nitrate do the same?

D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Experienced
Apr 30, 2024

Excellent - I didn't expect such a quick & dramatic result. It was fascinating.
I hadn't read anywhere that nitrate has the same result - if it does, why are we bothering with blood tests at all? Wouldn't that render them completely useless instead of just the known low accuracy? If that's the case, I'd love to know - I found the backup blood test reassuring….

N

nasigoreng99

Aug 23, 2024

Based on my reading in some posts here, nitrAte also discolours the blood. I could be wrong tho.