B

bunniesrcool

Nov 8, 2022
I haven't been able to sleep lately, even with my zzquil which normally knocks me on my ass.
My thoughts feel like they're consuming me and I just lay here and cry until I feel tired. I'm so tired of this shit

• Hugs
Reactions: looseye, Lostandlooking, SectOfValtiel and 1 other person
EndlessDespair

EndlessDespair

Lonely
Nov 6, 2022
I haven't been able to sleep lately, even with my zzquil which normally knocks me on my ass.
My thoughts feel like they're consuming me and I just lay here and cry until I feel tired. I'm so tired of this shit
Yea that happens to me sometimes, so I just take a couple shots of whiskey then it knocks me right out. Might feel like shit when i wake up, but I wake up feeling like shit either way.

Reactions: looseye and bunniesrcool
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
What thoughts are bothering you the most?

EndlessDespair

EndlessDespair

Lonely
Nov 6, 2022
Thoughts of how shitty I feel and how worthless life feels
I just agonize over everything late at night
Listen to some slow sad music it will calm you down a bit. "Million years ago" by adele is my go to

Reactions: SectOfValtiel
SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
Ive had insomnia since maybe high school off and on, and its definitely not fun
Sometimes I swear it feels like theres three different voices, or at least thought processes, all trying to fire off at once, and my brain just refuses to shut off until they shut up
Theres also always a song stuck in my head for some reason, too, but I think thats just a quirk of my mind lol
At its worst Ive laid in bed for 8 whole hours without any success

And all the pills Ive tried come with some kind of side effect that makes it pretty much worthless
With melatonin I wake up feeling like I havent slept at all, I end up taking naps through out the day that still dont make me feel rested
With diphenhydramine it helps a lot at first but then it triggers my restless leg syndrome really bad and I find it almost impossible to get it to go away, or it just flat out stops helping and the more I take, the worse the RLS

I wish I had some advice but honestly not a single thing has worked for me, even prescription meds still had bad side effects
Still, Ill share everything Ive heard or tried, maybe itll work for you

I have heard that reducing screen time a few hours before bed can help, or in general reducing the amount of blue light youre exposed to- if you spend a lot of time on the computer and have windows theres an option to turn on a 'night light' that will automatically change the lighting to be warmer during a certain period, my phone has an option for that too I think
Exercising before bed can also apparently help
There was a bit of success on my end listening to white/brown/pink noise or rain while I slept but sleeping with headphones on- or any alternative- just wasnt comfortable enough for it to be significant for me, and I basically get the same affect just from having a fan or something running anyway

I also had a therapist suggest a breathing technique that Ill try to share what I remember of, it didnt work for me but it might for you;
Basically you focus on one body part starting with your fingers or toes, and you breath in a deep breath while clenching that body part, hold it for 5 seconds, relax that body part as you slowly release the breath over another 5 seconds, then you move to the next body part and repeat until your whole body is relaxed

Im not sure it helps with the mental aspect though and maybe thats why it didnt do much for me
But just slowing your breathing down can help in other situations too

Regardless
I know for me the tiredness has made my depression and day to day in general much much worse, so I hope you can find a way past it
You deserve to feel well-rested and given a break from those overloading thoughts
Good luck finding something that works for you

• Love
Reactions: bunniesrcool and looseye
A simple aid

A simple aid

A Humble Mind
Nov 8, 2022
Dude...some would like the abusive thoughts in our minds to demons...that just wont rest....i know it can be annoying if its always in your mind...but some people get used to it....the problem most people have is that they believe the words that are said ...they believe whatever is hammered into them...theres no peace about it....so i guess killing yourself may seem like the best option...but i just wanna say that its possible to move past the self abuse...and if you need help im here

Reactions: bunniesrcool
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Existing can certainly be painful and torturous as our thoughts can cause us to suffer to such a great extent. I get that it can be dreadful feeling as though you are unable to sleep and it does sound tiring what you have to endure, it must be so hard to deal with. It does seem as though in a life like this suffering is simply inescapable but I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: bunniesrcool