KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
I count the hours until bed time so I finanlly to take and be hypnotized to sleep after 30 min. All my overthinking stoped.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, landslide2, rozeske and 3 others
S

sovcat

Jun 20, 2024
I'm considering throwing away some over-the-counter sleeping pills (diphenhydramine) because I think they're contributing to my liver problems.

In terms of the overthinking, I slept with a white/brown sound machine on last night and it helped with the overthinking by focusing on the noise to distract from the thoughts. I hear some people sleep with a fan on or use a phone app for the same effect. Sorry, I know you didn't ask for advice, your post just coincided with me trying out the white noise thing for the first time yesterday. I hope the sleep you get gives you the temporary peace from your thoughts you need.

Reactions: Leiden
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
I'm considering throwing away some over-the-counter sleeping pills (diphenhydramine) because I think they're contributing to my liver problems.

In terms of the overthinking, I slept with a white/brown sound machine on last night and it helped with the overthinking by focusing on the noise to distract from the thoughts. I hear some people sleep with a fan on or use a phone app for the same effect. Sorry, I know you didn't ask for advice, your post just coincided with me trying out the white noise thing for the first time yesterday. I hope the sleep you get gives you the temporary peace from your thoughts you need.
No, thanks for the advice. I use a fan too, and listen to stuff on my phone, but it doesn't help. My worst issue is summer time, it's so light and warm it disturbs my circadian rythm. By September I should have better sleep again, but until then I need some aid on the worst nights because I can't take the tossing and turning anymore. Even with sleeping pills I toss and turn in the morning still when I wake up too early, so I can't take it being like that even in the evening on both sides of the night. My sleeping pills are not diphenhydramine but Z-drugs (hypnotics). They are addictive, but I tried using them 2 weeks straight last summer and didn't have much issues afterwards. So it's just a temporary solution for summer, I HATE summer. Before next summer I should ctb, I can't take it anymore.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sovcat
S

sovcat

Jun 20, 2024
I see I see. Thank you for elaborating. Yeah the summer issue... it's a drag lol. I can relate on some level. For me it's moreso that I can't sleep in for extra rest, forced to wake up to heat and brightness. Annoying af. Well, hope you can manage in the mean time. The cloudy and cold seasons make me feel sad, but man the sleep quality is much better during those times.

sensitiveguy

sensitiveguy

Banned troll.
Jun 26, 2024
I need her eyes on my eyes and some music, that's it. I fell asleep immediately.