I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
ive been awake for 3 days. I've taken a lot of sleeping pills (7 I think), I've smoked joints, I've gone out, I've stayed in, I've drank alcohol, I've taken nitrazepam. I've tried absolutely everything, I'm used to not sleeping but at least one usually works. Usually I feel normal when I haven't slept but I feel like I'm about to go into a psychosis.

Sooo any tips you can give to sleep, I'm slightly desperate because I don't want to lose my mind through lack of sleep

Reactions: Lizzie S., lv-gras, Nofaith and 3 others
A

Aaron Josef

Student
Oct 6, 2018
Read a Book.

Reactions: lv-gras, VincentValentine, Nofaith and 1 other person
I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
Read a Book.

I've read, done mindfulness, podcasts, don't drink any caffeine. I don't even feel tired. I've always had trouble sleeping but I feel like I'm literally sinking out of reality, I've stayed awake for 4 days etc and never felt like this

Reactions: throwaway777, lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
onewayroad

onewayroad

“Dying is not a crime.” ― Jack Kevorkian
Oct 4, 2018
When I'm in that state I find it impossible to focus on anything. The best thing for me is to lie in bed in the dark and listen to an audiobook on my phone.

Reactions: lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018
I've read, done mindfulness, podcasts, don't drink any caffeine. I don't even feel tired. I've always had trouble sleeping but I feel like I'm literally sinking out of reality, I've stayed awake for 4 days etc and never felt like this
I empathise. I really do. The only thing I could suggest is not really practical. I find being in a moving vehicle always helps me drift off.

Reactions: Aaron Josef and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
VincentValentine

VincentValentine

Student
Sep 27, 2018
I had insomnia on and off for 3 years. What worked for me was eating healthier and exercising just a few times a week. But I know that's cliche and you probably already knew that and may already do those things.

Lately if I have trouble what works is eating a bowl of oatmeal. It's a breakfast food, but shouldn't be, because oatmeal makes you sleepy. Speaking of which I may have a bowl in a sec.

Reactions: Lizzie S., RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Nem
M

Mindmaze

Aug 10, 2018
When I'm in that state I find it impossible to focus on anything. The best thing for me is to lie in bed in the dark and listen to an audiobook on my phone.
Hi mate where in Australia you from?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Have you recenter stopped a drug perhaps? Melatonin can maybe help but there is often a reason for not sleeping, weed is a stimulant so it's not going to put you to sleep right away, sorry you are not sleeping, I sleep only 2 hours a night do I know not getting sleep sucks azz

Reactions: Lizzie S., your pathologist and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
M

Mindmaze

Aug 10, 2018
ive been awake for 3 days. I've taken a lot of sleeping pills (7 I think), I've smoked joints, I've gone out, I've stayed in, I've drank alcohol, I've taken nitrazepam. I've tried absolutely everything, I'm used to not sleeping but at least one usually works. Usually I feel normal when I haven't slept but I feel like I'm about to go into a psychosis.

Sooo any tips you can give to sleep, I'm slightly desperate because I don't want to lose my mind through lack of sleep
try masturbation or sex

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and VincentValentine
I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018

Yeah a good podcast/audio book usually works. I have to swap what works all the time because I seem to get used to it then the sleepless starts again.

But I've taken a nitrazepam and that's not even helped, not touched me. I feel weird though like I'm slowly drifting out of reality. I don't knwonif I'm making sense

Reactions: onewayroad and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
A

Aaron Josef

Student
Oct 6, 2018
Try laying down and putting on a documentary.
Something simple.

I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
Have you recenter stopped a drug perhaps? Melatonin can maybe help but there is often a reason for not sleeping, weed is a stimulant so it's not going to put you to sleep right away, sorry you are not sleeping, I sleep only 2 hours a night do I know not getting sleep sucks azz

I am used to not sleeping but I'm not used to feeling like this

Reactions: Nem and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
Try laying down and putting on a documentary.
Something simple.

Light is the worst thing I can do, it will keep me awake (she says on her phone). I have been watching shit on YouTube some of the time

N

Nik

Oct 4, 2018
Have you eaten recently?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
DreamFreedom

DreamFreedom

Thane
Oct 3, 2018
I remember when I fasted, i was v lethargic and slept most of the day because no food= no fuel= no energy. You could try not eating for a couple days or so, see if that works.

onewayroad

onewayroad

“Dying is not a crime.” ― Jack Kevorkian
Oct 4, 2018
Hi mate where in Australia you from?

Northern rivers area. Used to live in Sydney though which your profile shows you are from.

R

ReleaseMe

I know it's over And it never really began
May 26, 2018
Still awake? you could try otc anti histamine sleeping pills (Benadryl, Doxylamine...) - if you are not on stimulants or in a serious psychotic episode they're pretty much guaranteed to make you to sleep (that is, after a couple of days of insomnia)

Last edited:
D

dog3000

Jul 8, 2018
Try 25-100mg of Seroquel

R

ReleaseMe

I know it's over And it never really began
May 26, 2018
Try 25-100mg of Seroquel

That's even better of course but the same mechanism of action, you need a script though to get seroquel

Mari

Mari

Left forum, time's up
May 10, 2018

go for a long walk out in the fresh nature. If you can, have a run, even better. Go for a swim. Then have a warm meal in the evening - you should be able to sleep.
Don't do meds, please. Rather herbal remedies. Very last resort, red wine. It's important to get your sleep, so please take care.

ctoan

ctoan

Arcanist
Sep 30, 2018
go for run...and if you out of energy...keep running

I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
I had 3 hours sleep and that's it